Texas Fishing Forum

Dragging some baits

Posted By: Big Sam

Dragging some baits - 08/09/16 03:19 PM

Well Johnny was in fine form got him out of the house Sunday to drag some baits in the Arkansas river not far for a dam...We started at 530am and Johnny struck 1st
then he struck 2nd as usual I couldn't let him get 3 in a row so I came to life
We had a great day pushing our 2 man limit of 20...we only get 10 a man here....then it happened Johnny busted a small blue about 1lb he bounced off the deck and straight into my leg by my ankle I had to pull it out whew that was a killer bang we were dragging the I-pilot in 35 to 45ft deep.. the fishing is good our way in the heat if ya can stand it we left at noon crazy looking for a 1st aid kit!!!
Posted By: OPTIMUS PRIME

Re: Dragging some baits - 08/09/16 04:34 PM

Snarf!!!! scared fish whip cheers
Posted By: donothin

Re: Dragging some baits - 08/10/16 12:27 PM

ouch.
Posted By: Big Zee

Re: Dragging some baits - 08/10/16 12:52 PM

Been there, done that. Almost the same spot. lol_2 I keep a bottle of rubbing alcohol on the boat now. Like the way you got your rod holders rigged up on the console. Might have to change mine out like that. Nice cats there!

Re: Dragging some baits - 08/10/16 07:20 PM

Thanks Zee cheers man I aint had alcohol in the boat in 20years... scared
Posted By: Big Zee

Re: Dragging some baits - 08/10/16 08:48 PM

Come to think about it, they use to use whiskey to sterilize wounds. hmmm fish
Posted By: big10

Re: Dragging some baits - 08/10/16 10:28 PM

Looks like a great day, except for the way it ended. Dragging can be really fun this time of year. Just be sure to drink plenty water and try to stay cool. Iv learned shade on the boat REALLY helps.
Posted By: taterpop

Re: Dragging some baits - 08/12/16 12:01 AM

A good day on the river is hard to beat even with a battle scar.
Posted By: K.G

Re: Dragging some baits - 08/12/16 12:22 AM

Look's like a Nice little Haul, and Free Chum Ta Boot.flame
Posted By: BrianTx01

Re: Dragging some baits - 08/17/16 12:27 PM

Originally Posted By: Big Zee
Been there, done that. Almost the same spot. lol_2 I keep a bottle of rubbing alcohol on the boat now. Like the way you got your rod holders rigged up on the console. Might have to change mine out like that. Nice cats there!

Almost all the river guys rig their boat that way.

Re: Dragging some baits - 08/18/16 02:37 PM

Originally Posted By: Big Zee

Thanks Zee! cheers I got tired of rods bouncing all over creation and getting tangled up & stepped on etc...so I worked on a way to keep them organized... It works really well and is easy to make...Now carrying rubbing alcohol is different issue all together whip That catfish in the leg was devastating had to go to doctor get antibiotics..
Posted By: 7777

Re: Dragging some baits - 08/21/16 09:50 PM

Its time to start drifting, other than the fin in the leg on the last fish of the day we had a blast.
Posted By: whale

Re: Dragging some baits - 08/22/16 09:29 PM

That's some great eating fish. Way to go. Sorry bout the fin. My son got one in his hand couple weeks ago. Just now healing up. Drifting is great right now!

Re: Dragging some baits - 08/24/16 03:54 PM

maybe Johnny should enroll in 1st Aid class so he can HELP his fishing partner out in a man-down situation... bang

Originally Posted By: 7777
Its time to start drifting, other than the fin in the leg on the last fish of the day we had a blast.

Re: Dragging some baits - 08/29/16 04:31 PM

Well I decided to go back out Sunday I was a little gun-shy after 2 weeks of antibiotics. But we managed to catch a few. We drugged baits around till about 12:30 p.m. Billy busted a couple of 7&8 pounders. I had to top it off with a 10. Actually we had a nice day and there was no injuries to report.

Posted By: big10

Re: Dragging some baits - 08/30/16 02:24 AM

Nice job. No injuries is always a good thing!!
Posted By: OPTIMUS PRIME

Re: Dragging some baits - 08/30/16 03:09 AM

Those little ens are so cute Sam... Just keep em comin... roflmao roflmao roflmao grin thumb bump

Re: Dragging some baits - 08/30/16 02:46 PM

Originally Posted By: OPTIMUS PRIME
Those little ens are so cute Sam... Just keep em comin... roflmao roflmao roflmao grin thumb bump

There cute & deadly slinger farmer
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum