Texas Fishing Forum

Rattles and Blue Catfish

Posted By: 🍀El Gato Azul🍀

Rattles and Blue Catfish - 05/26/16 02:59 PM

Anybody ever use rattles when drifting for blues?...been running some rattle rigs on 2 out of the 4 rigs I'm drifting just to see if there is a difference...rattles seem to make a noticeable difference when I drift over .5mph..getting double the hook ups on rattles vs no rattle over the past year...rattles were from Great Britain...I ran out of rattles and used a top water bass lure that rattled as my float on my Santee rig and blues loved that dang top water rattle plug.
Posted By: BADLANDER

Re: Rattles and Blue Catfish - 05/26/16 03:06 PM

coincidence!!!!!!!! just another fish catching expense.
catfish hunt with senses other than hearing.
sight, smell , vibration..
(my opinion Only of course)

Re: Rattles and Blue Catfish - 05/26/16 03:09 PM

Gotcha....never mind everyone...I made a mistake..Gato is right👌

Re: Rattles and Blue Catfish - 05/26/16 03:13 PM

Next time we fish Gato...I'm fishing with the rattles...u r getting no rattles and no slinky weights...just to test it out

Re: Rattles and Blue Catfish - 05/26/16 03:19 PM

10/4 make a believer out of me.......

Re: Rattles and Blue Catfish - 05/26/16 03:47 PM

You realize you had the rattle rigs on your poles last time? The front 2 rods were regular peg floats...same thing last time we drifted together...I always give my guests the rattle rigs out the back..u just think you are that much more lucky than me? That's funny
Posted By: kdub#1

Re: Rattles and Blue Catfish - 05/26/16 03:50 PM

Cree doesn't understand that vibration IS sound. smh

Re: Rattles and Blue Catfish - 05/26/16 03:54 PM

Cree does understand vibration is sound...I'm the one who said that rattle rigs are working for me

Re: Rattles and Blue Catfish - 05/26/16 03:57 PM

I meant the other guy

Re: Rattles and Blue Catfish - 05/26/16 03:58 PM

Originally Posted By: kdub#1
Gato doesn't understand that vibration IS sound. smh

Fixed it!!!

Gato is my fishing buddy and he is trying to raz me kdub...it's our form of redneck humor...every bass fisherman has caught a bluecat from a rattle trap or deep diving rattler at some point

Originally Posted By: Cree
You realize you had the rattle rigs on your poles last time? The front 2 rods were regular peg floats...same thing last time we drifted together...I always give my guests the rattle rigs out the back..u just think you are that much more lucky than me? That's funny

COINCIDENCE!!!! you buy em Ill Fish em..
Fresh shad and a #8 circle hook is the dinner bell.

Re: Rattles and Blue Catfish - 05/26/16 04:01 PM

thumb

Dont mind me. Just trolling.

Re: Rattles and Blue Catfish - 05/26/16 04:02 PM

Fresh shad is the dinner...the rattle is the dinner bell...rattle rattle rattle...ding ding ding...here kitty kitty kitty
Posted By: Dothead

Re: Rattles and Blue Catfish - 05/26/16 04:04 PM

LOL roflmao

Re: Rattles and Blue Catfish - 05/26/16 04:10 PM

You think that's funny dothead? You should see Gato throw an anchor..that [censored] is funny
Posted By: Andrew Taylor

Re: Rattles and Blue Catfish - 05/26/16 04:18 PM

Originally Posted By: kdub#1
thumb

Dont mind me. Just trolling.

roflmao I thought you were stir

Re: Rattles and Blue Catfish - 05/26/16 04:32 PM

You think that's funny dothead? You should see Gato throw an anchor..that [censored] is funny

Seriously...!!!! when I ask for an anchor usually theres a freaking rope tied to it...LOL
hey atleast it was easy to name that spot.
Posted By: tgravley aka lewisvillecatfish

Re: Rattles and Blue Catfish - 05/26/16 04:38 PM

Why in the world would someone have an anchor, on the boat, without a rope tied to it!!! I have heard of this happening before and just don't understand it!!!! Lol

Re: Rattles and Blue Catfish - 05/26/16 04:41 PM

Can't leave anchors tethered to a bass boat buddy!! That's a catastrophe waiting to happen...I didn't like that anchor anyway...sacrificed to the catfish gods!!! Been catchin pretty good since that day though so thanks for tossing that thing overboard!

Re: Rattles and Blue Catfish - 05/26/16 04:43 PM

It had a 150' rope tied to a 6' chain bolted to fluke anchor...loco didn't clip it on before throwing it out...still makes me laugh...the front anchor stays tied up front and in the locker...the back anchor has to be clipped on the back each time I pull it out of the locker...chunked it before clipping it on.

Re: Rattles and Blue Catfish - 05/26/16 04:51 PM

We now call that area lost anchor point...anybody snag a anchor at the mouth of the trinity, its mine
Posted By: Mark's Fence Repair

Re: Rattles and Blue Catfish - 05/29/16 04:45 PM

I have had luck using glass beads on my line. I think the fish hear them. I also had someone throw the anchor overboard without any rope tied to it.... probably alcohol related ...
Posted By: GetSlimed

Re: Rattles and Blue Catfish - 05/30/16 04:52 PM

Originally Posted By: GATO LOCO

Seriously...!!!! when I ask for an anchor usually theres a freaking rope tied to it...LOL
hey atleast it was easy to name that spot.

Too funny! Next time you're on my boat, I'll handle the anchors! roflmao
Posted By: calicatman

Re: Rattles and Blue Catfish - 06/04/16 01:57 AM

Hey Cree. I'm kinda new to the forum but I have a couple versa rattlers from Chad Ferguson and was wondering what's the best way to rig them up ? I use a santee cooper rig but I'm not sure how close to put it to the hook. Thank you for any info.

Re: Rattles and Blue Catfish - 06/04/16 02:28 AM

I don't use a versa but mine are very similar...tried some versa rattles and they fell apart even with the bead..they worked great but came apart quickly...you rig the rattle on your leader...make sure you use a glass bead between your hook and your rattle. Rattle can be up close to hook. Rattling catfish is pretty new and options on rattles are limited. I've had to make my own up until recently..That's going to change as more and more people have success with them...still looking for the perfect cost effective rattle.
Posted By: TxCatfishGuide

Re: Rattles and Blue Catfish - 06/06/16 04:48 PM

Cree

There was an issue with some of the rattles coming apart in the beginning. The stock was pulled and the molds were retooled. The rattles that are out there now and have been shipping for a very long time are the retooled rattles and they won't come apart.

If you'll go to my website, click on the contact page and send me your address I'll send you some of the newer ones.

Got some other stuff in the works in this area but too soon to discuss.
Posted By: TxCatfishGuide

Re: Rattles and Blue Catfish - 06/06/16 04:49 PM

Originally Posted By: calicatman
Hey Cree. I'm kinda new to the forum but I have a couple versa rattlers from Chad Ferguson and was wondering what's the best way to rig them up ? I use a santee cooper rig but I'm not sure how close to put it to the hook. Thank you for any info.

Here's some info on how I like to rig the Versa Rattles

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XmrIFoa8dJA

Re: Rattles and Blue Catfish - 06/07/16 03:11 AM

Thanks...i will be glad to retest them...I will be sure to let everyone know how they do. Sent you a message at catfish edge ...Thanks-High plains drifter
Posted By: Outfitter Nomore

Re: Rattles and Blue Catfish - 06/08/16 10:42 PM

Today Grapevine 3-6 foot with cover live bait with versa rattles caught 16 both Blues and Channels

Re: Rattles and Blue Catfish - 06/15/16 02:13 AM

Got the replacement rattles in the mail today Chad ...going to broken bow for a week of R&R so I will start running them as soon as I get back... Thanks again

Re: Rattles and Blue Catfish - 07/06/16 01:13 AM

Ran the versas on my last three trips..been reeling them in left and right and have had zero issues with them coming apart...good job on the rattles! cheers
Posted By: Dusty Rivers

Re: Rattles and Blue Catfish - 07/07/16 09:58 PM

Whisker Seeker Tackle = great customer service. I got some bad rattles from last year order. Called them when I saw this post. They are sending the new improved ones! GREAT customer service bouncy

Originally Posted By: TxCatfishGuide

Cree

There was an issue with some of the rattles coming apart in the beginning. The stock was pulled and the molds were retooled. The rattles that are out there now and have been shipping for a very long time are the retooled rattles and they won't come apart.

If you'll go to my website, click on the contact page and send me your address I'll send you some of the newer ones.

Got some other stuff in the works in this area but too soon to discuss.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum