Texas Fishing Forum

Bible study and then fish

Posted By: Hallt

Bible study and then fish - 03/02/16 05:01 AM

Not sure how many guys would be interested in this, but I am from Fairfield and fish the local lakes. I wanted to maybe start up a monthly thing where we meet at a lake, do a short bible study then we go our ways and fish. Or we can stay pretty close together and fish. Anyone interested let me know.
Posted By: Fritz423

Re: Bible study and then fish - 03/02/16 06:57 PM

I've thought about this as well, feel guilty when I skip church.
Posted By: 68camino

Re: Bible study and then fish - 03/02/16 07:24 PM

I think this is a great idea! I have been talking to some friends about organizing something like this for quite a while! What better way to start off your day enjoying many of God's creations than to study his word with fellow fisherman!
Posted By: flexpress

Re: Bible study and then fish - 03/02/16 07:37 PM

I don't fish Sundays...But I be interested ...Teague be a ride for me

Re: Bible study and then fish - 03/02/16 07:38 PM

Let's get together on a starting date and lake. I won't be back in town until March 9. Will be able to get on the lake Saturday March 12. Is that day ok with everyone?

Re: Bible study and then fish - 03/02/16 07:42 PM

We don't have to do it on Sunday's. Matter of fact I prefer not too. I was thinking Saturday's or something. Not sure everyone's schedule during the week. We don't have to do it in Teague we can just pick a lake and go with it.
Posted By: flexpress

Re: Bible study and then fish - 03/08/16 08:30 PM

pick one Brother lets see what happens
Posted By: Cast

Re: Bible study and then fish - 03/08/16 08:31 PM

There's no reason you could not continue the fellowship on the water is there?
Posted By: amobo45

Re: Bible study and then fish - 03/09/16 12:00 AM

What lake are you planning to do this on? Im in Weatheford and wondering how far it will be?
Posted By: bluedogrunner

Re: Bible study and then fish - 03/09/16 01:27 AM

im liking what im hearing im sure we all need more of the lords word in our life every day I myself never get enough of it
Posted By: Bittercreek

Re: Bible study and then fish - 03/09/16 03:27 AM

We have been doing this. For awhile, here in my area. Great-Fellowship.
Thank you. . For posting from your location.
Posted By: Brother Terry

Re: Bible study and then fish - 03/09/16 12:26 PM

i wouldn't mind hosting one on a Saturday at eagle mountain, we pray every time we go out for safety, for family, fellowship and sometimes for fish!
Posted By: Big Zee

Re: Bible study and then fish - 03/10/16 02:20 PM

Sounds like some good times there. Also a good way to spread the word of God.
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Bible study and then fish - 03/10/16 03:09 PM

Originally Posted By: Yegua Cat
Sounds like some good times there. Also a good way to spread the word of God.

Plus #1. Just a sinner saved by grace! Repent and call upon the name of the Lord and thou shall be saved. Jesus Christ is all you need! Awesome post! angel2
Posted By: fishslime

Re: Bible study and then fish - 03/11/16 04:25 PM

I have my bible study while in the boat fishing on Sunday morning - usually pretty brief. That's the difference between a Methodist and a Baptist. When two Methodists see each other on the lake on Sunday morning, they will at least wave to one another.
Posted By: CPR

Re: Bible study and then fish - 03/13/16 12:04 AM

Originally Posted By: fishslime
I have my bible study while in the boat fishing on Sunday morning - usually pretty brief. That's the difference between a Methodist and a Baptist. When two Methodists see each other on the lake on Sunday morning, they will at least wave to one another.

hmmm

Re: Bible study and then fish - 03/19/16 02:22 AM

I am around Fairfield Lake, Richland Chambers. I can travel also. Not sure where everyone is from but we can definitely make this happen. Pm me if you want or my number is 9036446999. And let's get something started
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum