Texas Fishing Forum

Jug Lines?

Posted By: Cole Miller

Jug Lines? - 08/03/15 03:59 PM

I have a few made up out of pool noodles already but yesterday me and my cousin emptied some 2 liters for some jugs and now we're stuck on the question: How do you make jug lines out of them? What material do I fill them will to keep them buoyant?
Posted By: Cstorm_19

Re: Jug Lines? - 08/03/15 07:23 PM

I don't jug fish often, but I'm pretty sure that you just put the lid on and tie your line around the neck of the bottle, that's usually what works best for me.
Posted By: SoonerDG

Re: Jug Lines? - 08/03/15 07:33 PM

no need to fill them. Just put the lid on good and tight.
Posted By: flyingmonkey70

Re: Jug Lines? - 08/03/15 07:35 PM

The jug being airtight will provide the buoyancy. Fill the lid with caulk or silicon so it won't leak air. If you want to fill the jug with something buy some crack filler like Great Stuff from a hardware store. Not sure if one can will fill up a 2 liter jug.
Posted By: taterpop

Re: Jug Lines? - 08/03/15 08:35 PM

I would paint them with a can of walmart spray paint.Add a handful of pea gravel this will cause the jug to flag when you get a pull on the jug line.and put the lid on tight.I did this with garorade bottles painted them white they work well.
Posted By: Cole Miller

Re: Jug Lines? - 08/04/15 04:32 AM

Im in SW Oklahoma and at Lake Ellsworth i have to fill the jugs with some type of buoyant material and put atleast a 12oz weight on it so it wont drift... i put 5 extra feet on the end so i could tie a brick on and keep it stationary

Also, anybody ever have any experience with yo-yos?
Posted By: catkwik

Re: Jug Lines? - 08/04/15 11:46 AM

yoyos illegal in texas

anything you add to the air inside the jug will make it less boyant except helium
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum