Texas Fishing Forum

Richland Chambers boat ramp info?

Posted By: MakoMan22

Richland Chambers boat ramp info? - 02/14/15 04:09 PM

I've got some kids that want to fish today. I'd hoped to get out on the North end of the lake but it sounds like sunset marina only has 2' of water and may be tough to get off the trailer. Any suggestions on ramps? I've used Oak Cove but 10' low mark made it tough in the past and we're 10.2 low now. I haven't tried any other ramps. Any guidance / suggestions are greatly appreciated!
Posted By: Chemdawg

Re: Richland Chambers boat ramp info? - 02/14/15 05:25 PM

we put in at oak cove last weekend the ramp it self drops off on one side. if you stay to the right heading out to the lake and trim you motor up you will have about 1ft of water to get you to the lake. My Boat will sit in bout 8-10inch of water and it was close for me. till uses able but close We did pretty well fishing the trees and caught 2 slot fish 28lb-26lb I think we would have done a little better but the wind was up around 25-30mph

Re: Richland Chambers boat ramp info? - 02/14/15 05:47 PM

Thank you Chem. I've got a center console and It has a little deeper draft than that. I was worried about the motor dragging. I may try oak cove with the trolling motor. It's just too nice to pass up today!
Posted By: Chemdawg

Re: Richland Chambers boat ramp info? - 02/15/15 01:37 AM

I have a center console as well as long as you stay to the right and go slow you should make it for haw windy it was we did pretty good most the fish came out of 20-35ft of water.
Posted By: Tx Tree Grower

Re: Richland Chambers boat ramp info? - 02/16/15 02:12 PM

Oak cove and fishermans point are your only two options. I launched at fishermans point Saturday. Float the boat on and off of the trailer. Especially loading. If you power load you will ding your prop on the rocks. At the cut through stay in the middle and you will have 2' of water. When you back down the ramp stay in the middle that way your rear truck tires will be on the rocks instead of in the mud.

Re: Richland Chambers boat ramp info? - 02/16/15 03:26 PM

Thanks Kubroe. I appreciate the info! Maybe the next few rain events will help us out. I think if we're under 10' low that Oak Cove is doable too. I guess 10' is going to be the "magic" number for this lake. I need to find a john boat or a little aluminum tracker until we get some lake level.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum