Texas Fishing Forum

large blues

Posted By: notcrappiepro

large blues - 11/28/14 02:19 AM

i want to take my dad and brother on a blues trip sometime after the first of the year but have some issues that would need to be worked out. dad is in a wheelchair and we have discovered that a pontoon boat is the only kind we can safely get him into and also there would be three of us. please let me know what you have available, prices, and how far from tyler. thanks
Posted By: Minnowkiller

Re: large blues - 11/28/14 02:55 AM

Check out capt Larry or dusty Dooley they run party trips for $60 a person both have pontoons I believe as will put you on some fish
Posted By: BrianTx01

Re: large blues - 11/28/14 04:37 PM

I am pretty sure Captain Larry has taken people confined to a wheel chair before. You might check with Stinkbait Tom as well. He hasn't been taking the cat yacht out recently but he still has it. It might all depend on the ramp situation. Lewisville Lake park still has a dock in the water.

If neither of these guys can do it I would call one of the major guides on Texoma. Someone up there is bound to be able to help.
Posted By: Fishing Professor

Re: large blues - 11/28/14 04:54 PM

I would go with Tom Gravely
Posted By: Capt. Michael Littlejohn

Re: large blues - 11/28/14 10:36 PM

We've fished with some folks in wheel chairs before. Let us know if we can help ya out and good luck! thumb
Posted By: Dusty Dooley

Re: large blues - 11/28/14 10:47 PM

We had a wheelchair guy today. He had a blast. He caught nice eaters and a 18 and a 16.
Posted By: Gone Fishin'

Re: large blues - 11/29/14 12:10 AM

Agree that a Pontoon on an easy loading boat dock is the absolute easiest, but if you can't get a trip worked out give us a call. Been fishing with Wheelchair Fishermen for years and we just remove an Ice Chest and put the Chair in the front section of our Center Console Boats. Sometimes we get the fishermen in the boat and he prefers sitting on a seat and being out of his Chair. We specialize in Quantity versus the Trophy Cats, but almost always catch a BIG ONE or two on a Winter Trip.

Saw you live in Tyler. We live in Whitehouse but only fish on Richland Chambers which is about an hour and 15 minutes from Tyler. Been fishing it since 1994 and it's a verrrry good Catfish lake.

Check us out at www.gonefishin.biz and Good Luck!
Posted By: Budward

Re: large blues - 11/29/14 01:03 AM

Rodney Stuart on Cedar Creek Lake will hook you up! he guides out of a pontoon and let me tell you this man know how to catch TROPHY blues, day in day out. These are his pictures from today. He can put you on fish like this day in day out! His phone number is 8176758062

© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum