Texas Fishing Forum

Lewisville Bank

Posted By: Miniton

Lewisville Bank - 05/11/14 03:45 AM

I was hoping to get a little help from the pro's here. I am trying to get my son and a friend onto some catfish. I do have a boat but would really like to try and bank fish them for a little while and really need some advice on where we could go on Lewisville Lake.
I prefer to night fish but if another time is better I am open to it.
I would not like to go to a barge or community type place, just a quite bank to place some chairs and relax.
I don't mind a park but would like it to be available 24 hours.
Any advice, insight or suggestions are much appreciated.
Posted By: atleastitsnotaford

Re: Lewisville Bank - 05/11/14 09:55 PM

What area of ll are you near? I'm no pro but based on what they tell me. ......sycamore bend park has several primitive campsites right next to the water. It's only $7. Being on the north side of the lake, the wind is typically from the right direction. There's lots of shallow water and towards the west end of the part the channel is close enough to cast all the way across.
Posted By: Miniton

Re: Lewisville Bank - 05/18/14 04:08 PM

Thank you, I am willing to drive wherever needed to put my son on some catfish. I have tried the Old Dam over 3 different nights. We Used, cut, live, punch, worms, and skunked every time.
We can catch a few little ones at the local park but he really enjoys getting out on the big lake.
Anyway, if anyone has any more ideas I appreciate the info.
Posted By: tgravley aka lewisvillecatfish

Re: Lewisville Bank - 05/18/14 04:27 PM

Pm sent
Posted By: Slinger2

Re: Lewisville Bank - 05/18/14 04:32 PM

Try the Shady Shores launch area. The launch itself is closed but there is parking on the side and lots of findable bank to select from.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum