Texas Fishing Forum

What about Lake Conroe?

Posted By: FL-Fishlady

What about Lake Conroe? - 04/06/14 03:33 PM

I'll be heading to Lake Conroe for a 3 week stay come May 1 and was wondering what would be on the menu to catch by then. I've looked over the forum and Lake Conroe hasn't been on here much. Is it's water level down? What should I expect when I get there?
Any help appreciated!
Posted By: BUDDY ISAACSON

Re: What about Lake Conroe? - 04/06/14 08:21 PM

LOTS OF FISH. STRIPERS BY LIGHTHOUSE, CATS UNDER 1097 BRIDGE AND BY POWER POLES.

Re: What about Lake Conroe? - 04/07/14 02:30 AM

Thanks for the info! Where is the Lighthouse? Couldn't find it on the map.
Posted By: TxDispatcher

Re: What about Lake Conroe? - 04/07/14 04:55 PM

Where will you be staying FL? The lake is fairly full for the first time in a few years, maybe a foot or so low. I haven't been this year, but my fishing partners have been doing well just up from Stowaway on the northern end of the lake at the beginning of "the jungle" in the trees there. Haven't heard anything on the bulkhead bite, but it should be heating up about the time you go. If you're gonna be on the south end of the lake, it would be worth trying the bulkheads around Walden and Bentwater subdivisions on the west side of the lake

The lighthouse is just south of FM 830, mid lake area, on the East side of the lake.

Re: What about Lake Conroe? - 04/11/14 01:02 AM

We'll be staying at Thousand Trails for 3 weeks beginning May 1 then we go to Lake Tawakoni for 3 more weeks.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum