Texas Fishing Forum

channel cat question

Posted By: marcus254

channel cat question - 03/27/14 07:04 PM

at this time of the year are the channels in any specific areas of the lakes, im not a huge catfisher, im jsut looking to catch a few eaters, ive gone out on lake waco my home lake a few times with no luck but i was back in coves, do i need to hit the local river systems this time of year or what? i dont really know there yearly patterns are where to find em in spring, i can only seem to catch them in summer.
Posted By: Bluehunter

Re: channel cat question - 03/27/14 07:17 PM

if your fishing from the bank, i would start at the river with some type of punch bait, channel cats love that stuff. i would alway fish the rivers or creeks before any lake if i was bank fishing. if nothing there then make your way out....
Posted By: marcus254

Re: channel cat question - 03/27/14 07:22 PM

i fish from a good size 14' fishing kayak, im comfortable anywhere on the lake, but ill try some of the rivers that feed the lakes, thanks, i jsut dont know where they like to hang out this time of year, creek channels? marinas? coves? the damn? rivers? or if there jsut scattered anywhere. i can get to em and catch em if i knew where to find them.
Posted By: stubby77

Re: channel cat question - 03/28/14 01:02 AM

Check the creek in about 15 to 20 feet that is where n catching them now .Hope this helps .I'm using my cheese bait but any kind will work,if you find them.Good luck.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum