Texas Fishing Forum

Catching Big Cats

Posted By: bling

Catching Big Cats - 12/22/13 03:55 PM

Want to take my Dad and catch some big catfish. Was wondering what is the best time of year, lakes, guides etc. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Posted By: steveiam

Re: Catching Big Cats - 12/22/13 04:08 PM

Welcome bling--
Tells us what area you are in and that would help, but cold weather months are big catfish times--
Posted By: TRAILBOSS

Re: Catching Big Cats - 12/22/13 04:12 PM

Best time of year for trophy blues is now! Fishing is generally good for me from November till mid Febuary.Texoma is one of the best lakes for a true giant,but the bite can be slow.There are lots of good lakes in north texas that produce good fish and several incredible guides! I fish Texoma Tawakoni Ray Roberts and lake Cooper when water levels allow.Most all north texas lakes have good blue cat fishing!im sure some more guides will chime in as the day progresses.
Posted By: bling

Re: Catching Big Cats - 12/22/13 04:14 PM

We live close to Ft. Worth, I've read a lot about Tawakoni but wasn't sure about other lakes.
Posted By: kodys'papa

Re: Catching Big Cats - 12/22/13 04:28 PM

Bring dad to tawakoni
Posted By: ChuckP

Re: Catching Big Cats - 12/22/13 07:57 PM

Tawakoni is a trophy lake for sure. Like Trailboss said, there some real giants in Texoma. Last March the Cabelas King Kat tourney was on Tawak and the top three 5 fish stringers weighed 233, 236, and the winner at 239. Do the math on those fish.
Posted By: christian myrick

Re: Catching Big Cats - 12/22/13 09:38 PM

Originally Posted By: ChuckP
Tawakoni is a trophy lake for sure. Like Trailboss said, there some real giants in Texoma. Last March the Cabelas King Kat tourney was on Tawak and the top three 5 fish stringers weighed 233, 236, and the winner at 239. Do the math on those fish.

WOW!
Posted By: kayakfisher67

Re: Catching Big Cats - 12/24/13 02:05 AM

I would contact Michael Littlejohn aka salsa for twok. Good guy that will put you on some big ones
Posted By: wrestlefish

Re: Catching Big Cats - 12/24/13 04:53 PM

I like fishing catfish at Lake Lewisville. It is a little closer than some of the other lakes, and I think you will find the fishery there is live and well right in the middle of the metroplex.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum