Texas Fishing Forum

Villages Marina on Lake Palestine

Posted By: envy54

Villages Marina on Lake Palestine - 10/11/13 01:21 AM

I've heard this is a pretty darn good spot to get some decent cats. It is my oldest boy's birthday so he is begging me to take him to go fishin. Any tips tricks or pointers I want to do my best to try to put him on as many fish as I can for his 10th bday. Feel free to message me here or comment I am check both regularly until Sunday that's when we are going.

Thanks in advance!
- GOD BLESS -
Posted By: Droyhef

Re: Villages Marina on Lake Palestine - 10/11/13 01:52 AM

Boat or Bank?
Posted By: littlewheel

Re: Villages Marina on Lake Palestine - 10/11/13 01:54 AM

There are usually a bunch of folks fishing by the rocks every time I launch there. The lake is full of little fish. I have caught several under the 155 bridge and in the middle of the lake about 1 /4 mile before the bridge. Watch out for stumps in middle of lake. Also, just as you leave the marina, there is a big stump that is hard to see sometimes to your left.

Re: Villages Marina on Lake Palestine - 10/11/13 02:27 AM

Thanks guys but we are fishing from the bank for now
Posted By: Droyhef

Re: Villages Marina on Lake Palestine - 10/11/13 02:47 AM

That big stump has a skeg stuck in the top of it, saw it up there a couple weeks back when I was out trying out my night lights. Someone's day changed really quick.

Re: Villages Marina on Lake Palestine - 10/11/13 03:49 AM

Thanks Dawson for your feedback I really do appreciate it and I am sure my son will too!!
Posted By: pineywoods

Re: Villages Marina on Lake Palestine - 10/13/13 09:00 PM

spend $9 for a bag of cattle cubes at Atwoods (high protein so they sink) and throw two double handfulls in a fan pattern out from the bank at Villages. The bite will really pick up after about 15-20 minutes.
Posted By: 4blade

Re: Villages Marina on Lake Palestine - 10/14/13 12:21 AM

always good fishing at the villages
Posted By: bradthefisherman

Re: Villages Marina on Lake Palestine - 10/14/13 10:52 PM

Envy 54,
Our church has a men's retreat at that marina every year for the past 7 years.

IMHO that whole area around the marina is excellent potential from the bank.

IMHO your best bet it to try for flatheads all around the rip rap along the lake side of the jetty.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum