Texas Fishing Forum

One

Posted By: tgravley aka lewisvillecatfish

One - 08/13/13 01:53 AM

Of my kids have a really stupid cat at my house!!!! Is it really that bad of an idea to use it as flathead bait????
Posted By: Bigmike1984

Re: One - 08/13/13 02:13 AM

You don't use them as bait........ You cook them up for dinner. So many many recipes so few cats. Lmao
Posted By: hurricane 201

Re: One - 08/13/13 02:14 AM

Don't believe anyone will find, a policy of tpwd on that topic.
If you treat it like you to a buffalo first , it would probably not even need dead red spray.
Posted By: Bigmike1984

Re: One - 08/13/13 02:14 AM

Other white meat.

Re: One - 08/13/13 02:26 AM

I keep telling them that on a balloon rig it would just swim around awhile and the biggun would just knock him off the hook and he would be fine!!!!
Posted By: Oldtrackster

Re: One - 08/13/13 03:06 AM

Can't use mammals or mammal blood for bait or chum. Tree hungers went nuts when it came out some shark fisherman were using stray animals for bait. Other than that I would say that is an excellent use for a house cat.
Posted By: FishesWithCork

Re: One - 08/13/13 03:31 AM

I Love cats! I just can't eat a whole one. food
Posted By: strawdg

Re: One - 08/13/13 03:51 AM

Wow.... this is kind of a hard one confused

First and foremost is the kid..... but that is nothing we can do anything about.....

Second is the cat..... I personally like cats.... BUT I hate stupid...... so if it is between a simple LIKE and stupid... LIKE looses..... thumb

As far as the bait thing.... that could work....parts of that critter already have hooks installed (though barbless) so it would be an effective way to fix stupid in this case.... banana

Last and foremost...... Let us know how it turns out.... My wife has a stupid dog I have been wondering about (sadly without the barbless hooks).... bolt

Straw
Posted By: Rick's85

Re: One - 08/13/13 03:58 AM

hey Tom, try letting it soak in Soy sauce first.... stir

Re: One - 08/13/13 04:05 AM

Strwdg i thought about using the kid first but figured the cat would maybe get me in less trouble with the old lady!! Lmao!
Posted By: strawdg

Re: One - 08/13/13 05:18 AM

Originally Posted By: tgravley aka stinkbait tom
Strwdg i thought about using the kid first but figured the cat would maybe get me in less trouble with the old lady!! Lmao!

Actually ..... once I re-read your original post I thought maybe the cat WAS safe..... (ie: which it were you referring to).

But thought it was best NOT to go there... hung

Straw
Posted By: MJHartman

Re: One - 08/13/13 01:50 PM

There are already areas you cant find gummyworms!!! eeks
Posted By: young cat

Re: One - 08/13/13 02:06 PM

Do it
Posted By: mjmetro0719

Re: One - 08/13/13 03:28 PM

If it still has nine lives thats nine flattys you can catch
Posted By: Mudshark

Re: One - 08/13/13 07:25 PM

Do you skin them or leave the fur on?
Posted By: TheGizzard

Re: One - 08/13/13 11:55 PM

I hate cats.Let's make catsup.
Posted By: boocat

Re: One - 08/14/13 02:16 AM

Just to add to the "animals for bait" comment.
My dad was a charter captain for a number of years in Port A after he retired. We ran 2 boats, a 31 bertram and a 25 chris.. Back about when the movie "Jaws" came out. Well, after the movie, thats all anybody wanted to fish for.. We had a couple of guys from Kansas that would come every year. One owned a beef packing plant and the other owned a Funeral home.. They wanted to go out and catch "Jaws" so they brought a plastic 35 gal barrel of blood. My dad's comment that morning ( im sure you know where this is going now) was priceless!! " Before you put that thing on my boat , I want to know which one of you sons of B***** brought that blood"

Re: One - 08/14/13 02:21 AM

Lmao!!!
Posted By: boocat

Re: One - 08/14/13 02:33 AM

Yeah eeewwwww
Posted By: Azle_Tx_Graves84

Re: One - 08/14/13 04:00 AM

Not at all, kittens work great also!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum