Texas Fishing Forum

Drifting for cats?

Posted By: Flyboy718

Drifting for cats? - 06/17/13 02:41 PM

I guess I need to learn how to do drifting for cats...so how is it done? I exclusively use a kayak so any tips on doing it from a yak would help too. How do you rig your rod and what bait do you use?
Posted By: tgravley aka lewisvillecatfish

Re: Drifting for cats? - 06/17/13 02:46 PM

go down to the yak section and pm christian myrick. pretty good guy and good yak drifter
Posted By: Chess101

Re: Drifting for cats? - 06/17/13 02:47 PM

3 way setup, with cut bait drifting along the bottom......throw out a 36" Drift sock
Posted By: MilesHunter

Re: Drifting for cats? - 06/17/13 03:37 PM

Santee cooper rig, let enough line out so that your line is at about a 45 degree angle. I have been using 2oz slinky weights that I make out of 1/4oz egg sinkers. They drag very smooth and eliminate a lot of the rod tip bouncing while drifting. I use cut shad almost exclusively.
Posted By: DEERSTRANGLER�

Re: Drifting for cats? - 06/17/13 03:40 PM

I drift 3 rods. Santee Cooper rig but a 60" leader. 36" drift sock works great with my Hobie Pro Angler.
Posted By: Ken N Tx

Re: Drifting for cats? - 06/18/13 09:00 AM

Originally Posted By: MilesHunter
Santee cooper rig, let enough line out so that your line is at about a 45 degree angle. I have been using 2oz slinky weights that I make out of 1/4oz egg sinkers. They drag very smooth and eliminate a lot of the rod tip bouncing while drifting. I use cut shad almost exclusively.
clap
Posted By: christian myrick

Re: Drifting for cats? - 06/18/13 11:36 PM

Originally Posted By: tgravley aka stinkbait tom
go down to the yak section and pm christian myrick. pretty good guy and good yak drifter

Thank you tom. I'm flattered.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum