Texas Fishing Forum

BLOOD OR SHAD???

Posted By: JCBfromTHF

BLOOD OR SHAD??? - 06/02/13 01:12 AM

So if a life long Bass fisherman was going to try and catch a few catfish tomorrow should he use Danny Kings blood punch bait or CJ's shad punch bait?? Those are my only two options. Plan on fishing shallow rocks with a cork if that makes any difference.

Will update yall tomorrow on how it goes.
Posted By: Jared Nic

Re: BLOOD OR SHAD??? - 06/02/13 01:18 AM

Both are good punchbaits, if the fish are there they will bite it. Just try both and see how it goes.
Posted By: dumptruck

Re: BLOOD OR SHAD??? - 06/02/13 03:22 AM

Both are good but danny kings is alittle better for shallow rocks.
Posted By: FishyDREAMZ

Re: BLOOD OR SHAD??? - 06/02/13 03:29 AM

Agree try both and go with the fish's preference
Posted By: brownbagspecial

Re: BLOOD OR SHAD??? - 06/02/13 01:21 PM

Try both but just remember not to liter bc one you get there and see the results your just going to want to throw that cjs on the ground and leave it for the ants
Posted By: Fishing4Cats

Re: BLOOD OR SHAD??? - 06/02/13 01:38 PM

Originally Posted By: brownbagspecial
Try both but just remember not to liter bc one you get there and see the results your just going to want to throw that cjs on the ground and leave it for the ants
haha good one
Posted By: shadman1

Re: BLOOD OR SHAD??? - 06/02/13 01:42 PM

If u go to walmart and get cheesecloth and wrap the punchbait in it it sure stays on the hook longer.
Posted By: Chuck7700

Re: BLOOD OR SHAD??? - 06/02/13 02:26 PM

both are good
Posted By: Smoky

Re: BLOOD OR SHAD??? - 06/02/13 04:27 PM

Originally Posted By: shadman1
If u go to walmart and get cheesecloth and wrap the punchbait in it it sure stays on the hook longer.

A good punch bait wont come off the hook...
Posted By: young cat

Re: BLOOD OR SHAD??? - 06/02/13 04:45 PM

They are both great and will stay on the hook realy well.
Posted By: Buglemintoday

Re: BLOOD OR SHAD??? - 06/02/13 04:56 PM

Originally Posted By: Smoky
Originally Posted By: shadman1

A good punch bait wont come off the hook...

Truth!

As to the OP , Bring both and try them out. I usually have 4-6 different types of punchbaits in the boat and whichever one is getting consistent hits...the rest of the rods get swapped to that bait. The Catfish' Preference changes often

Re: BLOOD OR SHAD??? - 06/02/13 08:53 PM

OK I am back and I promised to let yall know how it went. Well it couldnt have been better!!!! Caught well over 100 fish in about 5 hours.

It didnt matter which bait I used they were attacking it. The Danny King was not mixed well at all though and was waaaaaay to moist and had all kinds of trouble keeping it on the hook even when using my fingers to bait it. The CJ's was PERFECT!!! Well mixed and firm enough to stay on the hook.

Here is the report with pics over on THF.
http://www.texashuntingforum.com/forum/u...10_YEARS#UNREAD
Posted By: Magged Out

Re: BLOOD OR SHAD??? - 06/02/13 09:00 PM

Nice Haul JCB cheers
Posted By: Crappie34

Re: BLOOD OR SHAD??? - 06/03/13 02:46 PM

LOOKS GOOD JCB
Posted By: Ninja Fishing

Re: BLOOD OR SHAD??? - 06/03/13 05:49 PM

Awesome catch
Posted By: Justin B

Re: BLOOD OR SHAD??? - 06/03/13 05:59 PM

Nice haul!!!

Re: BLOOD OR SHAD??? - 06/03/13 10:31 PM

Thanks yall.

I wasnt sure I was even in a good spot or not. There certinly wasnt anyone else trying to catch them anywhere in sight. I just knew where I had caught some over the years on lures while Bass fishing and figured that would be a good place to start. Turns out I never had to leave and try any place else.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum