Texas Fishing Forum

Semi Newbie Question

Posted By: East

Semi Newbie Question - 05/07/13 08:58 PM

Always been a bass fisher, but lately been running a bunch of lines and started doing a little bank fishing. Been having success with liver and perch. Question is, is there anything hands down that you swear by as being the best bait, something you never leave home without?
Posted By: Bobby-Catfishing

Re: Semi Newbie Question - 05/07/13 09:15 PM

Never go to the lake without a cast net. Fresh shad makes great bait.
Posted By: CCBIRDDOGMAN

Re: Semi Newbie Question - 05/07/13 09:23 PM

Told you we need to throw the cast net. LOL. It's right there in my Jugline crate.
Posted By: East

Re: Semi Newbie Question - 05/07/13 09:25 PM

Yea I have one too, but I am talking more bank fishing. Wont always get the opportunity to be on shad.
Posted By: uncle_bagster

Re: Semi Newbie Question - 05/07/13 09:58 PM

I always take along a jar of stinkbait. It's a great bait for eating-sized channels.
Posted By: mjmetro0719

Re: Semi Newbie Question - 05/07/13 10:12 PM

Some good punchbait if you are fishing for channel cat
Posted By: catfishguy85

Re: Semi Newbie Question - 05/07/13 10:44 PM

Originally Posted By: East
Yea I have one too, but I am talking more bank fishing. Wont always get the opportunity to be on shad.
I do nothing but bankfish and never leave home without my castnet....shad can be caught in the net from the bank....especially right now they have moved back shallow with the warmer water
Posted By: SanchoVilla

Re: Semi Newbie Question - 05/07/13 10:52 PM

Onions
Posted By: Blues

Re: Semi Newbie Question - 05/07/13 11:17 PM

Originally Posted By: catfishguy85
I never leave home without my castnet....shad can be caught in the net from the bank....especially right now they have moved back shallow with the warmer water
+1 You can get off the banks east, especially around bout ramp/docks in the mornings or around lights at night. If all else false teach barmaid how to throw a net and get her to wade out to them! OMG

I never fish without shad.
Posted By: catfishguy85

Re: Semi Newbie Question - 05/07/13 11:20 PM

Originally Posted By: Blues
Originally Posted By: catfishguy85
I never leave home without my castnet....shad can be caught in the net from the bank....especially right now they have moved back shallow with the warmer water
+1 You can get off the banks east, especially around bout ramp/docks in the mornings or around lights at night. If all else false teach barmaid how to throw a net and get her to wade out to them! OMG

I never fish without shad.

During the middle of the day has been really good lately for shad....my night time bait trips havent been doing as good
Posted By: Bluehunter

Re: Semi Newbie Question - 05/07/13 11:55 PM

Originally Posted By: Bobby-Catfishing

+1
Posted By: 7777

Re: Semi Newbie Question - 05/08/13 01:05 AM

Won't go fishing without fresh shad and/or frozen skip jack.
Posted By: Samuel Ragle

Re: Semi Newbie Question - 05/08/13 01:27 AM

catfish charlie and cornmeal! never gone without catching at least one fish!
Posted By: Vess

Re: Semi Newbie Question - 05/08/13 12:04 PM

Originally Posted By: Bobby-Catfishing

+1
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum