Texas Fishing Forum

Question for the "Seasoned" Tawakoni cat fishermen?

Posted By: BrianTx01

Question for the "Seasoned" Tawakoni cat fishermen? - 03/16/12 12:29 AM

How was the fishing before the 1989 massive blue cat stocking? Was it better, worse, or the same as it is today? Did it peak sometime in the 90's or 00's? Is it getting better or worse?

Posted By: *Mr. Fabulous*

Re: Question for the "Seasoned" Tawakoni cat fishermen? - 03/16/12 02:01 AM

Yes........

Posted By: Smoky

Re: Question for the "Seasoned" Tawakoni cat fishermen? - 03/16/12 02:08 AM

I doubt there was more than 4-5 guys out there targeting the trophy blues with R&R in them days...

Posted By: *Mr. Fabulous*

Re: Question for the "Seasoned" Tawakoni cat fishermen? - 03/16/12 02:13 AM

Maybe.......

Posted By: Capt. Michael Littlejohn

Re: Question for the "Seasoned" Tawakoni cat fishermen? - 03/16/12 02:42 AM

its gotten a lot worse.

Posted By: catfishingterry

Re: Question for the "Seasoned" Tawakoni cat fishermen? - 03/16/12 02:52 AM

Tawakoni has always been a big time catfishing lake. If you look back people targeted big flathead. Trotlines were every where. Tawakoni had people getting caught barrel netting these fish. I know of guys that fished tawakoni all there life for years never caught a blue, then one day bam here they are. Now we have more and more. I don't think tawakoni has ever slowed down on people catfishing. Its just recent catfishing has become a real big game sport and with news, media and forum everyone hears more about it.

Posted By: bluecat96

Re: Question for the "Seasoned" Tawakoni cat fishermen? - 03/16/12 03:36 AM

Originally Posted By: catfishingterry
Tawakoni has always been a big time catfishing lake. If you look back people targeted big flathead. Trotlines were every where. Tawakoni had people getting caught barrel netting these fish. I know of guys that fished tawakoni all there life for years never caught a blue, then one day bam here they are. Now we have more and more. I don't think tawakoni has ever slowed down on people catfishing. Its just recent catfishing has become a real big game sport and with news, media and forum everyone hears more about it.
+1

© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum