Texas Fishing Forum

Going fishing in thanksgiving...would like some advice!!!

Posted By: Whiteriot12

Going fishing in thanksgiving...would like some advice!!! - 11/09/11 05:27 AM

Going to College Station for thanksgiving to see my cousin and his family. (They literally live like 1/2 mile away from TAMU campus) And my cousin and I are looking for places to fish. We were thinking of the Brazos River, Bryan Lake, Gibbons Creek Reservoir, or one of the various ponds like George Bush Library, Gabbords, etc. Anybody fished any one of these places and if so I would really appreciate tips and the such!

Also I have caught catfish before, but I would love yalls input on what rigs to use, what tendencys for a certain kind of catfish, good to eat?! What baits they like (or don't) just anything that you can throw at me, I would love to hear.

- Riot

Posted By: TxCatfishGuide

Re: Going fishing in thanksgiving...would like some advice!!! - 11/09/11 11:51 PM

Whiteriot,

Lot of water bodies mentioned there but I know there are some good lakes down that way.

In a nutshell use punch bait under a slip cork for channel catfish.

Use fresh shad with a slip sinker or santee rig for blues.

Here is a good overview of rigs if you need help:

http://www.learntocatchcatfish.com/category/catfishing-how-to/catfish-rigs-catfishing-how-to

Re: Going fishing in thanksgiving...would like some advice!!! - 11/10/11 03:48 AM

Thanks a ton TxCatfishguide! Very useful and helpful information. I appreciate it!

Posted By: *Mr. Fabulous*

Re: Going fishing in thanksgiving...would like some advice!!! - 11/10/11 03:57 AM

Where's Thanksgiving? is that in Texas? rolfmao

Re: Going fishing in thanksgiving...would like some advice!!! - 11/10/11 04:34 AM

Harhar! Good call at me failing at the english language! Meant to say "during" you know that!!!

Posted By: *Mr. Fabulous*

Re: Going fishing in thanksgiving...would like some advice!!! - 11/10/11 04:46 AM

Just messin' with ya......... cyclop

Posted By: Mark Ray

Re: Going fishing in thanksgiving...would like some advice!!! - 11/10/11 02:09 PM

what with all the strange town names I've seen here abouts I wouldn't at all be suprised to learn of a Thanksgiving, Texas.

Re: Going fishing in thanksgiving...would like some advice!!! - 11/10/11 03:59 PM

That is trueMR

© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum