Texas Fishing Forum

fishing/camping trip

Posted By: jgil

fishing/camping trip - 10/05/11 02:52 AM

I am taking my brothers on a camping trip to do some catfishing. just looking for some feedback to what the best camping areas, state parks are to do some bank fishing for catfish are this time of year. We live in Abilene and just looking for some bigger fish than we have been gettin lately.

Posted By: steveiam

Re: fishing/camping trip - 10/05/11 03:14 AM

Can't help you in that area but someone will chime in here---

welcome

Posted By: James Tucker

Re: fishing/camping trip - 10/05/11 10:26 AM

I am not sure what type of fishing/camping areas are around Abilene. Do you plan on trying to stay on the water? Are you bringing a boat?

OH Ivie is an awesome catfish lake. I do not know of any campsites but I do know of some "hunting cabins" in Paint Rock. They are fully furnished and pretty nice. I am pretty sure they are the closest accomodations to the lake and VERY reasonably priced. They are actually owned by my grandmother and her husband.

PM me if you are interested. I will forward you the info.

Posted By: Charles B.

Re: fishing/camping trip - 10/05/11 03:36 PM

O.H. Ivie is awesome lake for catfish. Stay at Kennedy Park called Elm Creek Lodge. They have nice motel rooms for $47.00 per night. I caught a 12 pound channel there last weekend. Good luck!!

Posted By: acwil

Re: fishing/camping trip - 10/05/11 04:38 PM

Yea I would go to Ivie. Not alot of great spots to camp and fish in Abilene

Posted By: Jake Wright

Re: fishing/camping trip - 10/05/11 04:38 PM

I think fort phantom hill is right there by abilene. I hear good things about that lake, and OH Ivie.

© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum