Texas Fishing Forum

i'm thinking about catching carp buffalo and gizzard shad too...

Posted By: big daddy double digits

i'm thinking about catching carp buffalo and gizzard shad too... - 09/06/11 11:36 PM

sell to fellow catfisherman, i can fillet and scale the carp/buffalo but i was thinking of 2.50 for one sandwhich bag of sliced fillets of carp/buffalo, or 3.50 for a regular fillet, and 7 bucks for both fillets, shad will be much cheaper as i get them by the dozens

Re: i'm thinking about catching carp buffalo and gizzard shad too... - 09/06/11 11:38 PM

then again this is just an idea, as i often have way to many bags of bait on hand...and i'll take extras with me to give to pweople who bug me that see i'm catching fish left and right
Posted By: banned-account

Re: i'm thinking about catching carp buffalo and gizzard shad too... - 09/06/11 11:41 PM

How ever you decide to do it, There are a lot of fella's complaining about limited bait in the winter.

So it at least seasonally would be a decent thought.

-Z
Posted By: tgravley aka lewisvillecatfish

Re: i'm thinking about catching carp buffalo and gizzard shad too... - 09/06/11 11:41 PM

You know you have to obtain an bait license to sell it dontcha?
Posted By: banned-account

Re: i'm thinking about catching carp buffalo and gizzard shad too... - 09/06/11 11:42 PM

Originally Posted By: tgravley aka stinkbait tom

And this is a good point too.
Posted By: LakeLass

Re: i'm thinking about catching carp buffalo and gizzard shad too... - 09/06/11 11:43 PM

don't "sell" anything..."donations"

Re: i'm thinking about catching carp buffalo and gizzard shad too... - 09/06/11 11:46 PM

well why can i buy it at krogers they dont have a bait license

Re: i'm thinking about catching carp buffalo and gizzard shad too... - 09/06/11 11:47 PM

They have a license to sell fish

Re: i'm thinking about catching carp buffalo and gizzard shad too... - 09/06/11 11:47 PM

Originally Posted By: LakeLass
don't "sell" anything..."donations"

true, i could give it to people for a small "Donation"

Re: i'm thinking about catching carp buffalo and gizzard shad too... - 09/06/11 11:48 PM

They have a license to sell fish

how much is a bait shop license and how can i obtain one?
Posted By: LakeLass

Re: i'm thinking about catching carp buffalo and gizzard shad too... - 09/06/11 11:49 PM

http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/business/licenses/public/commercial/

again..."donations" my friend smile

Re: i'm thinking about catching carp buffalo and gizzard shad too... - 09/07/11 12:05 AM

it doesnt cost that much so i may just get the commercial bait dealer license
Posted By: T-MAC

Re: i'm thinking about catching carp buffalo and gizzard shad too... - 09/07/11 01:14 AM

BIG Government sucks!!!
Posted By: cathog

Re: i'm thinking about catching carp buffalo and gizzard shad too... - 09/07/11 03:54 AM

Just sell the ziplock bags LOL the bait comes as a bonus.
Posted By: DEERSTRANGLER�

Re: i'm thinking about catching carp buffalo and gizzard shad too... - 09/07/11 04:23 AM

Originally Posted By: big daddy double digits

well why can i buy it at krogers they dont have a bait license

They're not selling it as bait. They're marketing it towards people that eat those fish. It just happens that catfish like it too.
Posted By: *Mr. Fabulous*

Re: i'm thinking about catching carp buffalo and gizzard shad too... - 09/07/11 05:08 AM

u could get about $25 each for those 2 lb shads!!!!!!
Posted By: Perch Persuader

Re: i'm thinking about catching carp buffalo and gizzard shad too... - 09/07/11 05:38 AM

Let me know when you get extras, i'll give a gold brick for each one.

Re: i'm thinking about catching carp buffalo and gizzard shad too... - 09/07/11 01:17 PM

then again this is just an idea, as i often have way to many bags of bait on hand...and i'll take extras with me to give to pweople who bug me that see i'm catching fish left and right

If you're catching fish "left and right" you don't have too much bait.
Posted By: Ihunt4LIfe

Re: i'm thinking about catching carp buffalo and gizzard shad too... - 09/07/11 04:41 PM

Just say you need to get rid of your pet fish for a small rehoming fee like on Craigslist. Jp
Posted By: TxCatfishGuide

Re: i'm thinking about catching carp buffalo and gizzard shad too... - 09/07/11 05:27 PM

Try selling the ziplock bags and giving away the bait or taking "donations".

If you get caught the Game Warden will give you a piece of paper with a fine associated with it, it's not a ticket though, just a slip of paper with a fine associated. That fine will cost you a whole heck of a lot more than that $38 bait dealers license! smile

Re: i'm thinking about catching carp buffalo and gizzard shad too... - 09/07/11 05:31 PM

You have to use catfish bait bags not ziplock bags!!!

Re: i'm thinking about catching carp buffalo and gizzard shad too... - 09/07/11 09:05 PM

You have to use catfish bait bags not ziplock bags!!!

y is that?, and what is a catfish bait bag?

Re: i'm thinking about catching carp buffalo and gizzard shad too... - 09/07/11 09:17 PM

Patented bait bag of mine!!!
Posted By: Bankside Bartman

Re: i'm thinking about catching carp buffalo and gizzard shad too... - 09/08/11 12:09 AM

Is that the one that comes with the brown (sometines greenish brown) organic attractant already in it Tom? I bet you'd make Stevie a great deal on those.

Re: i'm thinking about catching carp buffalo and gizzard shad too... - 09/08/11 12:51 AM

Originally Posted By: TxCatfishGuide

If you get caught the Game Warden will give you a piece of paper with a fine associated with it, it's not a ticket though, just a slip of paper with a fine associated. That fine will cost you a whole heck of a lot more than that $38 bait dealers license! smile

it will not hold up in court, they'd have to prove that i was selling it and not giving it away, or keeping my freezer stocked for the fishing i do myself, and w/out a sale list/receipt and nobody coming forward to say they have "bought"<-----key word from me, instead of donating the money to me to send to a charitable orginization per say they have absolutely nothing to fight with at that point

Re: i'm thinking about catching carp buffalo and gizzard shad too... - 09/08/11 12:54 AM

Originally Posted By: Bankside Bartman

Is that the one that comes with the brown (sometines greenish brown) organic attractant already in it Tom? I bet you'd make Stevie a great deal on those.

bart idk about you but i never poop in a bag unless i'm 24/7 banking it and have a 5gallon bucket with a sack,that can be tied up then tossed in for chum, comes in handy when they aint a crapper for 4 solid miles
Posted By: centexcop

Re: i'm thinking about catching carp buffalo and gizzard shad too... - 09/08/11 01:03 AM

until a game warden buys some during an undercover sting operation....lol
Posted By: Caribou

Re: i'm thinking about catching carp buffalo and gizzard shad too... - 09/08/11 01:39 AM

it will not hold up in court, they'd have to prove that i was selling it and not giving it away, or keeping my freezer stocked for the fishing i do myself, and w/out a sale list/receipt and nobody coming forward to say they have "bought"<-----key word from me, instead of donating the money to me to send to a charitable orginization per say they have absolutely nothing to fight with at that point

or they could use this TFF thread as evidence against you.

Re: i'm thinking about catching carp buffalo and gizzard shad too... - 09/08/11 02:10 AM

Originally Posted By: Caribou

or they could use this TFF thread as evidence against you.
what thread, and they dont know who i am on here i could be duce biggalo the jiggalo for all they know hints the screename there is no real name involved
Posted By: Catfish Bubba

Re: i'm thinking about catching carp buffalo and gizzard shad too... - 09/08/11 03:38 AM

rolfmao dream on.....
Posted By: *Mr. Fabulous*

Re: i'm thinking about catching carp buffalo and gizzard shad too... - 09/08/11 09:20 AM

I'll take 2 bags of gizzard shad and 6 buffalo......deliver them to me at Oak Grove Park, Lake GVine Thursday nite. thumb
Posted By: nickandnat

Re: i'm thinking about catching carp buffalo and gizzard shad too... - 09/08/11 06:01 PM

Remember, they only have to prove beyond a "reasonable doubt" - I'm assuming most people would not have a doubt that you were selling the fish as bait.

Re: i'm thinking about catching carp buffalo and gizzard shad too... - 09/08/11 10:36 PM

Originally Posted By: DontCatchMuch*
I'll take 2 bags of gizzard shad and 6 buffalo......deliver them to me at Oak Grove Park, Lake GVine Thursday nite. thumb

ok, well only if i get to fish haha, well dayumm today is thursday, i dont have anything yet either, plus no way of getting there lol just my luck.

Re: i'm thinking about catching carp buffalo and gizzard shad too... - 09/08/11 10:37 PM

Originally Posted By: nickandnat
Remember, they only have to prove beyond a "reasonable doubt" - I'm assuming most people would not have a doubt that you were selling the fish as bait.

they'd have to prove i didnt keep my freezer stocked for my personal use in order to prove that they'd need receipts and testimonies.

Re: i'm thinking about catching carp buffalo and gizzard shad too... - 09/08/11 11:35 PM

Originally Posted By: nickandnat

they'd have to prove i didnt keep my freezer stocked for my personal use in order to prove that they'd need receipts and testimonies.

Stevie everybody knows you won't get busted. You have to actually catch fish to get busted for selling it.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum