Texas Fishing Forum

Man found dead in East Texas lake

Posted By: SGT BALLARD

Man found dead in East Texas lake - 08/26/11 01:03 AM

Man found dead in East Texas lake identified
Posted: Aug 25, 2011 10:44 AM CDT
Updated: Aug 25, 2011 4:46 PM CDT
Please Be Careful On The Lakes !!!
ANGELINA COUNTY, TX (KTRE) - Lake responders have found the body of a man who was reported missing on Wednesday.

According to Capt. Shawn Phillips with Texas Parks and Wildlife, emergency responders were called to the Fort Stanley Creek area on Lake Sam Rayburn Wednesday evening, after the man's family called to say he had not returned home.

Phillips said authorities found the man's boat and debris associated with it on the lake just before dark. The body was recovered just after daybreak on Thursday, Phillips said.

Game wardens released the man's identity Thursday afternoon, confirming it was Lenwood Short, 84, of Lufkin, who died.

"He was tangled in a trot line in the same area," Phillips said.
Posted By: DEERSTRANGLER�

Re: Man found dead in East Texas lake - 08/26/11 02:26 AM

Originally Posted By: SGT BALLARD
"He was tangled in a trot line in the same area,"

Damn sad way to go. RIP sir.
Posted By: Philpot

Re: Man found dead in East Texas lake - 08/26/11 02:30 AM

Prayers lifted. Keep a sharp knife close when handling trotlines, and take a partner with you preferably. I don't know the whole set of circumstances, but sounds like the gentlemen got hung up in the line he may have been checking. Ugly deal all the way around.
Posted By: Droyhef

Re: Man found dead in East Texas lake - 08/26/11 02:32 AM

sounds like he hit a stump and got hung up on a line, the lake is 10' low
Posted By: mudbelly

Re: Man found dead in East Texas lake - 08/26/11 03:14 AM

Prayers to the family, not far from where I fish and I have fished the Stanley creek cove many times. Would imagine there are many stumps sticking up right now.
Posted By: Mell

Re: Man found dead in East Texas lake - 08/26/11 03:56 AM

Passed doing what he loved RIP. Someone should have been with him at that age, my dad is a pretty tough old guy but I would never let him go out alone at his age (78)
Posted By: Catfish Bubba

Re: Man found dead in East Texas lake - 08/26/11 06:29 AM

RIP angel
Posted By: BrianTx01

Re: Man found dead in East Texas lake - 08/26/11 09:11 PM

Every snag in Rayburn has two or three old trot lines on it.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum