Texas Fishing Forum

Fishing the Guad with Cliff

Posted By: Army Chief

Fishing the Guad with Cliff - 07/29/11 01:46 PM

Me, Eric and Rubes went out and did a night trip with Cliff on the Guadalupe the 27th. All we each wanted to do was finally catch a cat in the double digits.

Funny thing the first fish each of us caught was a new PB, though Eric was still in the single digits. For Eric and me we would improve on that, Rubes...well not so much. Hard to beat a 32# as your first fish of the night.

Can't give any specifics except to say all fish were caught in water fish Seriously though, 'm not familiar with the river and truth be told, with the wind that night, I have no idea if we were up or down river as I couldn't tell current direction. Though it is the Guad by New Braunfels. All fish were caught on shad.

We finished with 7 fish over 20 lbs up to 32#. most released to fight another day. Kept 17.

Aside from the great fishing, I had to go commando that night. We were running some jugs and tracked one down under a boat dock. So we went to get it and realized it was too far under the dock...so I volunteered to get it. Got in, water was deeper than I thought. Went under water about 5 times. could only see about two feet under, then it was too dark for light to penetrate further.

long story short, had to cut a 14ish inch channel off the jug line about 8 feet under water as it was wrapped around a tree too many times. No way that little channel took the jug from where it was to way up under dock like that (weight just too heavy. The fact the second hook on jug was empty...

Now for some photos

Eric with his 22+ pounder

me with my 22+ pounder

Rubes with his 32 pounder

And catch

All I can say is thanks Cliff. If you haven't ever had a trip with him, lets just say you are missing out on a few hours with one of those great people in life. Absolute blast.
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: Fishing the Guad with Cliff - 07/29/11 02:00 PM

Super Report! cheers and coolphotos I have fished with Cliff many of times. He is truly one super guide and one heck of a friend. You will not find anyone better! flag
Posted By: baclash

Re: Fishing the Guad with Cliff - 07/29/11 03:54 PM

food

Cliff sure puts the ppl on the fish .....I just gotta go on one of his guided trips ... I just gotta
Posted By: parttime

Re: Fishing the Guad with Cliff - 07/29/11 04:01 PM

Ya, he was texting me as you guys were catching those biguns!! Not nice at all!! laugh Cliff is an outstanding guide and even better friend.

Re: Fishing the Guad with Cliff - 07/29/11 04:02 PM

Oh and congrats on the PBs!!!
Posted By: obiewan57

Re: Fishing the Guad with Cliff - 07/29/11 09:43 PM

Yea,Cliff ws supposed to come up and fish with me. But, catching those knid of fish, now I know why he did not get here. Ya'll did great and fished with a great guide.
Posted By: Lga043

Re: Fishing the Guad with Cliff - 07/29/11 10:12 PM

Real nice fish Cliff & crew, looks like the spawn has been over for a while down there and the fish are looking good, up here they have been pretty skinny since the spawn, it won't take long and thy will pick up some weight here too,

Glad to see yall are doing so well down there!!!

Congradulations!!!
Posted By: Army Chief

Re: Fishing the Guad with Cliff - 07/29/11 10:38 PM

Originally Posted By: parttime

Thanks John and all.

Now I got the Double Digit fish out of the way, now it's all about the fun. lol

Re: Fishing the Guad with Cliff - 07/29/11 10:58 PM

Originally Posted By: Army Chief
Originally Posted By: parttime

Thanks John and all.

Now I got the Double Digit fish out of the way, now it's all about the fun. lol

And winning some MORE tournaments!! wink
Posted By: Derek 🐝

Re: Fishing the Guad with Cliff - 07/30/11 03:25 AM

Met Cliff at a couple NTTC Tournaments this year. Great guy! Would love to do a trip with him.
Posted By: jjason

Re: Fishing the Guad with Cliff - 07/30/11 04:07 AM

good job Cliff
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Fishing the Guad with Cliff - 07/30/11 04:12 AM

cheers You can't beat a night on the River With Cliff. fish Nice Catch! thumb Can't find a better guide or a better friend than Cliff. flag
Posted By: Guide Cliff Hill

Re: Fishing the Guad with Cliff - 08/01/11 01:00 AM

Rich and everyone thanks for the kind words.....rich the feelings y'all felt after each fish are why I love fishing the guadalupe more than any other lake...never know what's gonna hit them tc hooks
Obie...I ain't forgot about ya...just got two buns in the oven right now so sticking close to home has been priority...I sure would like to meet and fish with ya ny friend.
School and sports start tommorow so I'm limited to weekends and weekday evenings till the 22nd....once then the kiddos got my attention.
I cannot express enough thanks for the fine folks of the forum and hopefully the catfishishing section returns to the catfish section rather than some guys antics on every post..till then you can check my facebook page for trip results,tips and data....I'm afraid like other guides this section has lost its integrity..
Tightlines and you can't catch them from the couch!

Re: Fishing the Guad with Cliff - 08/01/11 04:32 PM

Originally Posted By: Guide Cliff Hill
hopefully the catfishishing section returns to the catfish section rather than some guys antics on every post..till then you can check my facebook page for trip results,tips and data....I'm afraid like other guides this section has lost its integrity..
Tightlines and you can't catch them from the couch!

+1 agreed.....
Posted By: psg2628

Re: Fishing the Guad with Cliff - 08/01/11 06:59 PM

Looks like another great trip with Cliff. Congrats to all on the new PB's.

On a side note, I could have gone my whole life without knowing that you went commando on Cliff's boat. rolfmao
Posted By: SOCALCARPER

Re: Fishing the Guad with Cliff - 08/01/11 07:10 PM

great fish congradulations on your pbs
and i agree with you cliff even though i dont really post on this section
Posted By: TuN3R

Re: Fishing the Guad with Cliff - 08/02/11 12:53 AM

Cliff is awesome guide & teacher smile Booked another trip with him for mid august can't wait to catch those big guns .
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum