Texas Fishing Forum

Cabella's Tournement on Tawokoni

Posted By: Lga043

Cabella's Tournement on Tawokoni - 02/23/11 02:50 AM

I saw this posted in the tournement section, and I thought I would copy and paste it on here!!!

Originally Posted By: Tanner Tabor
Cabela's King Kat Tournament Trail will once again start the 2011 season in W. Tawakoni, the "Catfish Capital of Texas." Lake Tawakoni has quickly caught the attention of catmen from all across the country as being one of the best lakes for catching trophy catfish! A 5 fish stringer here can easily exceed the 200lb mark. There arent too many places that can produce that kind of weight, and it happens several times a year on Lake Tawakoni. If the fishing stays like this, W. Tawakoni might need to expand the name to "Catfish Capital of the World!"

This tournament is open to anyone. Entry is $225 per team. Minimum $5,000.00 paid back to the top 15% of the field. $500 for big fish of the tournament. The top 20 teams will qualify to the Cabela's King Kat Classic in Burlington, IA on Oct. 28, 29 and have a chance to fish for over $70,000.00 in cash and prizes. Go to www.kingkatusa.com for rules and tournament details. This event is sponsored by W. Tawakoni Economic Development Committee. Host lodge is 429 RV Park and Marina.

© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum