Texas Fishing Forum

souring grain idea!

Posted By: big daddy double digits

souring grain idea! - 09/17/10 05:39 PM

ok most of you remember the metal minner buckets i assume, well how about using the idea of the bucket with holes inside another bucket of water, so that when you get to your fisshing hole you just lift both buckets over in to the lake and seperate the water bucket from the graing bucket and you leave the grain bucket tied to the boat and just shake it around when you want more graing in the water, so tell me now would this work?
Posted By: Coreywms

Re: souring grain idea! - 09/17/10 05:44 PM

Sounds like a lot of work.
Posted By: tgravley aka lewisvillecatfish

Re: souring grain idea! - 09/17/10 05:46 PM

if your fishing shallow it is hard to broadcast around. i dont understand everybodys problem with just grabbing a couple of handfulls or a dog food can and spreading it out. it just takes a rinse in the lake to get the smell off your hands. the pipe feeders are made to bait out a place long term

Re: souring grain idea! - 09/17/10 05:48 PM

yea thats true, but just keeping it on the side of the boat with waves splashing aound it oughta work.

Re: souring grain idea! - 09/17/10 05:48 PM

i think it'd be perfect for drifting though if you wanted just channels.
Posted By: Chase ™

Re: souring grain idea! - 09/17/10 06:02 PM

I don't want that carp splashing around next to my boat.

Re: souring grain idea! - 09/17/10 07:03 PM

well its far better then it falling in your boat.
Posted By: Chase ™

Re: souring grain idea! - 09/17/10 07:48 PM

I don't use it anyway so no problem there!
Posted By: DEERSTRANGLER�

Re: souring grain idea! - 09/17/10 10:52 PM

I don't sour grain anymore. If I do chum, which is rare, I use range cubes.

Re: souring grain idea! - 09/18/10 12:19 AM

yea it was just a thought that ran through my head and the only time i sour grain is when i using it to get them piggies off the farm
Posted By: Carver

Re: souring grain idea! - 09/18/10 02:58 PM

I have used a metal minnow bucket in that fashion just a couple of times. After a good rain I tied the floating bucket to a stick (actually a "stake out pole" yakkers carry for anchoring in shallow water) near the rapid outflow of a ditch. I anchored my yak about 20 foot to one side and cast into the stream just below the bucket. Worked great, but in those conditions,in that location, tying a rock to a handkerchief would have probably worked also.

Phill
Posted By: capnbeak

Re: souring grain idea! - 09/18/10 03:15 PM

I have been chumming for 30 years and i agree with Tom on scatteing the chum-you do't want the fish under the boat in shallow water-get a ladle or a scoop and spread it around-and not too much in each spot you bait...
Posted By: msugordo1

Re: souring grain idea! - 09/20/10 08:10 PM

go to
www.learntocatchcatfish.com
and watch the video on fishing with a baseball bat... perfect way to handle this issue
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum