Texas Fishing Forum

TAWOKONI continued with pics

Posted By: tgravley aka lewisvillecatfish

TAWOKONI continued with pics - 03/15/10 11:59 PM

As you know from Larry's post we had an awsome day at the lake saturday. Started a little slow with Larry catchin a couple of eaters. Then got a hit and it was one over 50# before we got settled down from that one Larry hung a 30#. We were setting there talking about how you guys that catch multiple 50,40, 30 etc did it, just those two were an adrenaline rush. Moved to a different spot. Larry hooked a good one, went to get the net and one of his other poles got a hit. I grabbed it and was hurrying up to net it so I could get Larry's. Got it in and went to get the net and ran into one of my lines which was supposed to be going out the front of the boat but was now going down the center of the boat and out the back. Larry is still fighting his fish, i grab it and its another good one. After 3 or 4 times around the boat finally landed it another 50. all this time Larry is stalling around getting his to the boat. finally netted it another 50#. You can probably imagine that for a couple a fellers that who up till this time had PBs of 36# fish this was unbelievable. Two fish over 50# and a 30# in the boat at the same time. Larry got another one in the 40's. Moved to another spot and I landed my first 26# flathead. We moved to our last spot, it was a little slow and Larry got another hit. This spot was pretty heavily timbered and had Mr. Larry just a little concerned. He horsed this one out of some trees and landed aother one that was quite abit bigger than the previous fish, bound to go ine 60's. After a bit we decided that we had about all the fun we could handle for one day. We greatly appreciate all the help and advice from you guys. If you go to Twok get you a camera,a bigger net, bigger scales and some gloves my hands are tore up from the teeth on them things. Mr. Larry i will be your net man anytime, you aint to bad yourself.

Posted By: Philpot

Re: TAWOKONI continued with pics - 03/16/10 12:08 AM

My goodness!!! Ya'll wore'em out!!!! I've got to bring Mrs. Philpot to Twok. I've been in trouble all year because she hasn't hooked anything over 10lbs.
Posted By: Lga043

Re: TAWOKONI continued with pics - 03/16/10 12:31 AM

I had a few pictures that you didn't have so here are some of them
Tom's first 50#

Tom's second 50# & a 32# and my first 50#, all came at the same time

35#

Tom with first 50 on the line!!! I don't know if you ate that cigarette or not but I know you didn't let go of that rod!!!

2-50#ers

I did enjoy the trip Amigo, ready to go back already!!!
Posted By: serj5150

Re: TAWOKONI continued with pics - 03/16/10 12:52 AM

now those are a couple of very happy fellers. Great job again guys!!!!!
Posted By: Cody Neace

Re: TAWOKONI continued with pics - 03/16/10 01:10 AM

lol way to go guys
Posted By: LJG

Re: TAWOKONI continued with pics - 03/16/10 01:16 AM

Nice fish.
Posted By: chuckwagon

Re: TAWOKONI continued with pics - 03/16/10 01:26 AM

Very nice!! Congrats! thumb
Posted By: Lewisville Catfishing

Re: TAWOKONI continued with pics - 03/16/10 01:35 AM

Awesome fish once again guys. Fishing Lewisville days just won't be the same anymore after getting onto some of that. I just got back from getting the boat fixed and am ready to go out there and try it again. If you guys are needing something done with your boat and don't feel like waiting weeks to get it back from your local marine shop this time of year, give Jeremy a call with J Wade Marine in Rockwall - 214 460 5595.
Posted By: Chris H2Os

Re: TAWOKONI continued with pics - 03/16/10 01:41 AM

Very nice boys. I bet that was a blast.

CW

Re: TAWOKONI continued with pics - 03/16/10 02:00 AM

That was more fun than stomping baby chickens, I ain't had so much fun since the ole sow ate my little brother, can't wait to try that again, I know it will never be that good again, but just some of that kind of fishing goes a long way!!!
Posted By: jjason

Re: TAWOKONI continued with pics - 03/16/10 03:02 AM

yall kicked the Big T's butt for sure.

It may not happen next time, but if you keep atit on that lake you can do it again.

Great day guys,,, congrats!!

Re: TAWOKONI continued with pics - 03/16/10 03:05 AM

I heard yall came by us and waved, next time stop and say hello!!!
Posted By: T-MAC

Re: TAWOKONI continued with pics - 03/16/10 03:17 AM

Great job guys. Im going again in the morning.

Re: TAWOKONI continued with pics - 03/16/10 03:18 AM

good luck Tmac

Re: TAWOKONI continued with pics - 03/16/10 03:20 AM

the new pic looks good tom
Posted By: Chuck7700

Re: TAWOKONI continued with pics - 03/16/10 03:42 AM

Great job guys. Nice fish! Way to go.
Posted By: BankfishinDave

Re: TAWOKONI continued with pics - 03/16/10 04:13 AM

That's one heckuva Awesome day!!!!! WTG fellas!
Posted By: BAMAboy

Re: TAWOKONI continued with pics - 03/16/10 06:19 AM

Good golly molly, what a day on the lake. Congratulations guys. cheers
bow_down
Posted By: Chase ™

Re: TAWOKONI continued with pics - 03/16/10 03:05 PM

Nice job guys some great fish there.
Posted By: Shep M

Re: TAWOKONI continued with pics - 03/16/10 05:28 PM

Tome and Larry, when yall gonna start booking trips!
thumb clap dance2
Posted By: Roddy69r

Re: TAWOKONI continued with pics - 03/16/10 05:43 PM

Nice JOB!

Re: TAWOKONI continued with pics - 03/16/10 05:44 PM

Shep if we can do the same thing for 12 consequtive trips we just might start!!! LOL
Posted By: Shep M

Re: TAWOKONI continued with pics - 03/16/10 06:43 PM

We better get started trying!

Re: TAWOKONI continued with pics - 03/16/10 10:31 PM

I can't keep up with myself much less help someone else fish, I almost have to pay somebody to go with me now, I even let Tom reel in a 32lb Blue on my rod the other day so he would go with me again!!!

Re: TAWOKONI continued with pics - 03/16/10 10:43 PM

Now, i wouldnt have had to reel in that little thing if you would have quit messin around with that littlun you had on and reeled it in!!!!!! you coulda traded poles with me..LOL

Re: TAWOKONI continued with pics - 03/16/10 10:59 PM

It would have got confusing if I did that, cause then I would have had to reel in one on your line, I am used to you stealing fish off my line, but so far you can't acuse me of the same!!!

Yea I know I was busy with the 50+ at the time, so it was ok this time, can't wait to try that again, I think I got to work this weekend, I sure hope not!!!

Re: TAWOKONI continued with pics - 03/16/10 11:25 PM

thats okay larry i will steal your fish anytime you need me too!!! LOL I know of one particular reel i will do my best to nudge you aside and stand next to it!!!

Re: TAWOKONI continued with pics - 03/16/10 11:29 PM

lol we are headed to tower bay for some crappie

Re: TAWOKONI continued with pics - 03/17/10 01:42 AM

That's strange ain't it, using 6 rod & reels and rigged the same, and all the fish but 1 are caught on the same rod, seems like every time I catch a biggun it is on that same reel, don't know why!!!

I am glad that is the one though, a 6500 C-4 with 30 lb mono and a Proangler Rod!!!

Re: TAWOKONI continued with pics - 03/17/10 02:35 AM

you might want to insure that thing!!

Re: TAWOKONI continued with pics - 03/17/10 02:52 AM

I want to get me another one just like it, I have 2 of these, I catch most of the fish on the same one, at this rate it will be wore out in another 15 or 20 years!!!

I may have to try Southwestern and see if they have one, I still want to get 2 more reels, and I may get some more Proangler rods, I put a lot of pressure on that one the other day, It was definately worth $35.00 for me to keep that fish out of the trees!!!
Posted By: kissydog

Re: TAWOKONI continued with pics - 03/17/10 05:57 PM

Hey guys t not an active poster on TFF but read ya guys daily just wondering if you were tha guys my hubby an I met at Anchor Inn Marina my hubby thought ya looked like tha guys he was talking to before ya launched sat. morn we were in tha big white dodge truck with green an white kenner CC from waco if your tha same guys ya did a lot better than we did had one bite in 2 hrs loaded up an headed home anyway just wondering if it was you guys LOL

Re: TAWOKONI continued with pics - 03/17/10 06:55 PM

we launched out of cedar cove.
Posted By: kissydog

Re: TAWOKONI continued with pics - 03/17/10 10:46 PM

Thanksfot responding just curious tha guys we met were in 2 boats one had Georges Guide an a boat with Anchor Inn Marina
nice guys hubby had nice conversation with them was our first trip Again Thanks for responding
Posted By: littlebass

Re: TAWOKONI continued with pics - 03/17/10 11:58 PM

Looks like the trip of a lifetime, congrats guys! Noticed some yellow TC rods in pics... I picked up 10 of those the other day here at the Waco Academy store. First time I've seen them since I read about them on here. Caught some fish on them last week and they did great. Didn't catch any like your pics though!

Re: TAWOKONI continued with pics - 03/18/10 12:01 AM

they held up good untill we had the three in the boat and a tip got broke off, didnt mind to much though!!
Posted By: CatfishHunter1963

Re: TAWOKONI continued with pics - 03/18/10 01:09 AM

Im new to the TFF but, I do work for Southwestern parts & service and we may have one C4 left. Come by or call and ask for Jim. I will be glad to help you out.
Posted By: kodys'papa

Re: TAWOKONI continued with pics - 03/18/10 01:40 AM

welcome aboard 1963

Re: TAWOKONI continued with pics - 03/18/10 01:54 AM

1963, if you got one hold it for larry and we can pick it up tomorrow

Re: TAWOKONI continued with pics - 03/18/10 02:04 AM

Thanks for the welcome to the TFF, and I will hold it for you.

Re: TAWOKONI continued with pics - 03/18/10 02:06 AM

Thanks 1963, I appreciate it, and welcome to the forum, lot of nice folks on here, where do you usually fish?
Posted By: No Net Needed

Re: TAWOKONI continued with pics - 03/18/10 02:53 AM

I feel the need to go! Nice haul guys.....

Re: TAWOKONI continued with pics - 03/18/10 03:06 AM

I fish several lakes in the area,Tawakoni,Chambers,Hubbard,Lewisville,Lavon,Grapevine ect.But my favorite is Tawakoni.

Re: TAWOKONI continued with pics - 03/18/10 03:09 AM

get up by lewisville give us a holler

Re: TAWOKONI continued with pics - 03/18/10 03:16 AM

Im not at Lewisville very often due to some very un-successful trips.Jet skis and bone headed pleasure boaters ruin the fishing.If I wanted to contact you how would I do so.

Re: TAWOKONI continued with pics - 03/18/10 03:23 AM

214 534 9330 tom gravley or pm. winter time is great on lewisville but about this time the crazies start appearing. get on the lake early and off around 1pm or put a big ol Zara Spook on a rod and keep it handy for the jet fleas.

Re: TAWOKONI continued with pics - 03/18/10 03:54 AM

Im pretty accurate with a 4oz casting weight. They see it wizz by and leave the area. Besides if the weight dont get them the braid will saw right through the wet suit.Im at 817-919-4465 Jim Little.

Re: TAWOKONI continued with pics - 03/19/10 01:20 AM

Tom told me he picked up the reel, thanks Catfish Hunter!!!

Re: TAWOKONI continued with pics - 03/19/10 01:37 AM

Was he happy with the reel? I would like to get together and soak a little bait with any one interested. Sounds like this weekend is going to be a little nasty.

Re: TAWOKONI continued with pics - 03/19/10 01:46 AM

Tom, I can't have Larry hanging this 60 lbr over me, so I'm heading up there in the morning to Twak to see if I can beat him out. Wish me luck and thanks again to all for the pointers on places to get out of the rougher south winds tomorrow.

Re: TAWOKONI continued with pics - 03/19/10 01:48 AM

Give em hell Eric, I'll be texting/calling to get a report!

Re: TAWOKONI continued with pics - 03/19/10 01:51 AM

Will do man and thanks again. If I don't catch any in that area it won't be because I won't have enough rods in the water wink

Re: TAWOKONI continued with pics - 03/19/10 01:52 AM

There's plenty of area to cover where I told ya, cruise around and see if ya spook some fish.

Happy B-Day btw! Get ya a new pb! cheers

Re: TAWOKONI continued with pics - 03/19/10 01:53 AM

That's all I want. Not too much to ask right? Just one fish about 3-15 lbs bigger than Larry's grin
Posted By: serj5150

Re: TAWOKONI continued with pics - 03/19/10 02:10 AM

Hey HAPPY BIRTHDAY ERIC!!!! and go get that big boy out there,and have fun. banana

Re: TAWOKONI continued with pics - 03/19/10 02:10 AM

You taught me pretty good Amigo, that one's gonna be hard to top, looks like you got a pretty good gaurdian angel, I hope you get the big one tomorrow, there's some good lookin water over there, you're gonna like this place!!!

Re: TAWOKONI continued with pics - 03/19/10 02:18 AM

Man I'm drooling just looking at the satellite pics of it on google maps. Lots of good looking stuff there, I just hope the fish are in there and I don't have to face that wind somewhere else. I'd settle for a day 1/4 as good as the one ya'll had. Gonna be hard to top.

Re: TAWOKONI continued with pics - 03/19/10 02:19 AM

good luck and be careful out there, PICS REQUIRED

Re: TAWOKONI continued with pics - 03/19/10 11:55 AM

Good luck

Re: TAWOKONI continued with pics - 03/20/10 01:05 AM

Talked to Eric today, and he got a pretty good one, but he had pleanty of time to get another big one, but I havn't heard back from him for final results, glad he done some good out there!!!

Re: TAWOKONI continued with pics - 03/20/10 01:08 AM

Man Im wanting to go again.

Re: TAWOKONI continued with pics - 03/20/10 01:25 AM

me too!!!!!

Re: TAWOKONI continued with pics - 03/20/10 04:02 AM

Had a really good time out there today and the arm I was in wasn't getting too pounded by the wind. Spent majority of the morning looking for spots and trying drive around and roll some fish in the shallows. We didn't really start catching any until the afternoon when the water warmed up and the north bank finally started getting a good pounding from the wind. My quest to beat Larry's fish failed although I did have my chance at one point. I got a monster up to about 10-15 ft from the boat in about 1.5 - 2 ft of water. He decided to make a run to the only bush around the area and I couldn't do anything about it to stop him. He then went across it and popped my line and I was sick the rest of the day. Although we were fishing primarily really big baits in med to large gizzard heads and cut bait, I still couldn't keep the eater fish from attacking us along with the gar. Ended the day with around 20 keeper fish and big fish went 40. I guess that fish that got away just gave me more reasons to get back out there and explore some more and hopefully have one of these awesome days so many have had out there.

Re: TAWOKONI continued with pics - 03/20/10 04:23 AM

good job eric nice fish buddy
Posted By: opus

Re: TAWOKONI continued with pics - 03/20/10 10:41 AM

Anyone goin next week sure would like to meet some of these fish catchin people.(even the non catchers like me) If weather does what their sayin Im goin Mon.Tues. Wed.

Re: TAWOKONI continued with pics - 03/20/10 03:01 PM

way to go eric, is that your PB so far?

Re: TAWOKONI continued with pics - 03/20/10 05:24 PM

Looks like a decant day
Posted By: Billy Goat

Re: TAWOKONI continued with pics - 03/20/10 05:56 PM

that does it.... .

I'm tired of seeing post after post about the glories of Twok. I guess I'll have to drive across the metromess just to wet a hook.... even though I live 3 miles from a launch at Lewisville!

Re: TAWOKONI continued with pics - 03/20/10 10:54 PM

Way To Go Amigo, glad you got one of them Bigg-uns maybe next time you can load the boat with them!!!

Congradulations Amigo!!!

Re: TAWOKONI continued with pics - 03/21/10 01:13 AM

Thanks guys, the mean face in that pic was due to at the time of taking that pic some dumb@ss was driving right behind us coming out of the cove and drove right over the top of half of our lines. Just totally oblivious to the bright yellow poles with glowing green line in the water I guess. Plenty of room to go around us on either side but instead he choses to go between us and the bank. I just thought this kind of stuff only happened at Lewisville, but I guess not.
Posted By: Bobby-Catfishing

Re: TAWOKONI continued with pics - 03/21/10 01:16 AM

Nice job Eric! Thinking about heading east sometime next week myself.

Re: TAWOKONI continued with pics - 03/21/10 01:21 AM

I know I can catch lots and lots of fish in the month of April at lewisville, but for some reason all I want to do now is go back to Twok and trophy fish. I knew this was gonna happen if I ever went to that dang lake. Gonna send me to the poor house or divorce court for sure now. smile

Re: TAWOKONI continued with pics - 03/21/10 02:15 AM

+1111111111
Posted By: littlerobby

Re: TAWOKONI continued with pics - 03/21/10 06:11 AM

I read what kind of reel u guys were using. But on the Proangler rods which ones were u using and length? Also I see you mount these on the beready holders correct. And also if you don't mind me asking what type and size line you use. I sound like a newbie but just curious. I am trying to get me some Cat fishing aresnol setup. I guess on these big boys you have to use a large hook and fish bottom correct. Sorry for all the questions but I would just love to catch some that size.

Re: TAWOKONI continued with pics - 03/21/10 06:23 AM

I was using 25 lb for my main line and 50 lb leaders to help with the abrasion from timber and gar. Use a carolina rig and if you are thinking of fishing Tawakoni I'd suggest moving up the main line to 30-35 lb test so you don't lose a good one out there like me. Those proangler rods are great rods and I wouldn't mind getting a few of those as well one day (I just wish they were yellow so I could see them against the water better) wink I use mostly bright green Ande and sometimes some Offshore Angler line you can get at Basspro. Good luck and I hope you don't get sucked in too like the rest of us.
Posted By: littlerobby

Re: TAWOKONI continued with pics - 03/21/10 10:00 PM

Well I already have the crappie bug. But I have always like to catfish. But mainly did crappie fishing. And I wasn't going to TK
I wanted to start going to Lewisville. Any pointers on where to go there and what kind of bait. Also at Lewisville I guess you fish bottom.

Re: TAWOKONI continued with pics - 03/21/10 10:02 PM

Never heard of this Lewisville lake you speak of. Is it near Tawakoni?

Ok, ok yeah I guess there are some fish there too. I'm not sure what this snow is going to do for them the next day or so, but again try fishing a carolina rig around some shallow structure. Get you a cast net and catch some shad at the ramps for the best bait

Re: TAWOKONI continued with pics - 03/21/10 10:37 PM

all the fish went to twok

Re: TAWOKONI continued with pics - 03/21/10 11:26 PM

Originally Posted By: tgravley
all the fish went to twok

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo crying
Posted By: whiterockjesse

Re: TAWOKONI continued with pics - 03/24/10 12:19 PM

way to go tom , lee told me about this post . congrats man !
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum