Texas Fishing Forum

Calaveras Catmen 5th Get-Together Apr 10th

Posted By: The Texas Alien

Calaveras Catmen 5th Get-Together Apr 10th - 02/27/10 10:14 PM

We are a growing group of TFF'ers who started getting together in 2006 just to meet up somewhere besides the boat dock, fish cleaning table and internet. If you are interested in being part of the fun, here is the information page and sign-up.

Cally Catmen GTG web page

Posted By: parttime

Re: Calaveras Catmen 5th Get-Together Apr 10th - 02/27/10 10:22 PM

Best looking folks in 2009! laugh
Posted By: Southernboy

Re: Calaveras Catmen 5th Get-Together Apr 10th - 02/27/10 10:32 PM

All,
This is now the official thread. Within the next day or so it will be stickied at the top of the catfish section. Our very special moderator, Sharon Wilson, has graciously agreed to do this for us. She has also been invited to join us. Please thank her and reinforce the invitation to her.

42 Days and counting.

See ya there
Posted By: stikshooter

Re: Calaveras Catmen 5th Get-Together Apr 10th - 02/28/10 12:15 AM

Originally Posted By: parttime

That is because I am close to you,I am so ugly I even make you look good rolfmao

Re: Calaveras Catmen 5th Get-Together Apr 10th - 02/28/10 03:26 AM

Hahahhahahaha to funny!!
Posted By: Guide Cliff Hill

Re: Calaveras Catmen 5th Get-Together Apr 10th - 03/01/10 02:36 PM

WOW...things have evolved but gathering is the same...good times..good people and couple fish to stink the grease up...oughta be another fun time fellas
Cliff
Posted By: c51

Re: Calaveras Catmen 5th Get-Together Apr 10th - 03/06/10 03:54 PM

Do you have to have a boat to enter tourny.Or can u bank fish.I know about six guys that would like to enter.We have a small group of anglers that get together once every couple of weeks and fish cally,bruanig,choke.

Re: Calaveras Catmen 5th Get-Together Apr 10th - 03/06/10 07:31 PM

No boat require as far as I know. We'll have to figure out how we do the ten fish stringer, but I say come on and fish and eat with us!! laugh

Oh, and welcome to the forum!!!! cheers

Re: Calaveras Catmen 5th Get-Together Apr 10th - 03/06/10 11:16 PM

Originally Posted By: c51
Do you have to have a boat to enter tourny.Or can u bank fish.I know about six guys that would like to enter.We have a small group of anglers that get together once every couple of weeks and fish cally,bruanig,choke.

We could probably figure something out. We'll let you know soon in a PM so stay tuned to your messages.

Don (Alien),

Dump some of your old PM's. Your over your quota. Can't send ya anything.

Re: Calaveras Catmen 5th Get-Together Apr 10th - 03/06/10 11:21 PM

Hate to break your heart John.

2006 WAS BY FAR THE BEST.

Just look at all those fine men, (FISHERMEN). The one in the ALABAMA shirt is the best lookin.

Re: Calaveras Catmen 5th Get-Together Apr 10th - 03/07/10 07:17 PM

Sorry, I did not know there was a size limit on the PM's. I deleted everything from 1900 - 1999.

Mike, you are over your limit too.

cb51....We will most likely add a rule #9 which states that the same entry fees and rules apply to bank teams that apply to boat teams, i.e., 1-4 team members, each contributing $10 to tourney pot (best 10 heaviest catfish combined stringer) and each team member can contribute $5 for heaviest catfish pot.

We should have thought about that before we assumed everyone would like to fish out of a boat... Sign up and the rule(s) will be similar.

Re: Calaveras Catmen 5th Get-Together Apr 10th - 03/08/10 02:21 AM

Thanks for the info southernboy.Ill tell the rest of the guys and see how many want to enter.Im looking forward in meeting you and the rest of the group.The guys that do have boats have to work that day.Me and some others dont care if we fish off a boat or on the shore as long as we fish.Ill let you know in the next couple of days how many are going and will register.Agin thank you.

Re: Calaveras Catmen 5th Get-Together Apr 10th - 03/08/10 02:42 AM

Sorry Texas Alian I wasnt paying attention to who was sending the info back.My mind was in the tourney.
Posted By: hookem horns(Keith)

Re: Calaveras Catmen 5th Get-Together Apr 10th - 03/08/10 02:50 AM

this is really starting to take shape........ very exciting. bring all of the bank fishers you want to c51, thats just some more money to be had by our team in the waistin' time rig! heehee....just kiddin', welcome to the forum, look forward to meeting all you guys!!

Re: Calaveras Catmen 5th Get-Together Apr 10th - 03/08/10 03:16 AM

Well while your on the water looking for them kitty's Ill be on the bank bringing them in seating on my comfy chair.HA"HA" Just kiddin also.Cant wait to meet.I never had much luck with that bait.
Posted By: luvacatfight

Re: Calaveras Catmen 5th Get-Together Apr 10th - 03/08/10 04:17 AM

me nad the wife thinkin bout coming dont know if weel fish but wanna check it out

Re: Calaveras Catmen 5th Get-Together Apr 10th - 03/08/10 05:27 PM

You are welcome to come by and have a plate. You might want to check out the webpage about who is bringing what and chip in with a side dish or ice cold bottled drinking waters. Love to have you become our friends.
Posted By: catfish smokey

Re: Calaveras Catmen 5th Get-Together Apr 10th - 03/08/10 05:32 PM

gunna try to make it out there just need to talk to the boss man so i can get that day off.

Re: Calaveras Catmen 5th Get-Together Apr 10th - 03/08/10 06:40 PM

welcome to the TFF catfish smokey!
Posted By: ttblk94supra

Re: Calaveras Catmen 5th Get-Together Apr 10th - 03/08/10 08:04 PM

Anyone camping out the night before.

Re: Calaveras Catmen 5th Get-Together Apr 10th - 03/08/10 09:06 PM

thank you hookem horns

Re: Calaveras Catmen 5th Get-Together Apr 10th - 03/08/10 09:12 PM

Originally Posted By: ttblk94supra

I'll be there as well as Marty. We'll be staying there at the site where the get together will be. We will rope it off Friday morning so no one else except those joining us for the get together can use it. You are more than welcome to join us. Let me know so we'll be watching out for ya.
cheers

Re: Calaveras Catmen 5th Get-Together Apr 10th - 03/08/10 09:16 PM

SO DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT KIND OF BAIT CATCHES FISH THERE AT CALAVERAS???

Re: Calaveras Catmen 5th Get-Together Apr 10th - 03/08/10 09:19 PM

Sir, you can not go wrong with some Big Marv's Punch bait (Catfish Crack). And, Big Marv will be there so you can just let him know to bring you some.

Marv - 830 583-5913

Re: Calaveras Catmen 5th Get-Together Apr 10th - 03/08/10 09:21 PM

OK THANK YOU I USUALLY FISH FOR REDS THERE SO ON CATS I'M NOT TO SURE ABOUT THERE
Posted By: Dominoman

Re: Calaveras Catmen 5th Get-Together Apr 10th - 03/08/10 10:30 PM

The "Team Jolly Green " will down Friday and stay until........

Re: Calaveras Catmen 5th Get-Together Apr 10th - 03/08/10 10:51 PM

Mike, check your PM.

Re: Calaveras Catmen 5th Get-Together Apr 10th - 03/09/10 01:07 AM

Actually I think we should be advising all the newbies to use WalMart prepared catfish baits.... smile
Posted By: Rleo50

Re: Calaveras Catmen 5th Get-Together Apr 10th - 03/09/10 01:32 AM

Originally Posted By: Southernboy

I'll be there as well as Marty. We'll be staying there at the site where the get together will be. We will rope it off Friday morning so no one else except those joining us for the get together can use it. You are more than welcome to join us. Let me know so we'll be watching out for ya.
cheers

I might go just to try and steal your secret weapon.
Posted By: Steven168

Re: Calaveras Catmen 5th Get-Together Apr 10th - 03/09/10 03:12 AM

Originally Posted By: The Texas Alien
Actually I think we should be advising all the newbies to use WalMart prepared catfish baits.... smile

Ha!!!! Perfect delivery, Don!!
Steven

Re: Calaveras Catmen 5th Get-Together Apr 10th - 03/09/10 03:19 AM

DOH!! Good call Don, my bad. wink

Re: Calaveras Catmen 5th Get-Together Apr 10th - 03/09/10 07:29 PM

Someone named "TINY" signed up for 8 guests bringing turnips with 2% milk. Don't show up...you will regret it!

Re: Calaveras Catmen 5th Get-Together Apr 10th - 03/09/10 09:30 PM

Originally Posted By: Rleo50

cheers

I might go just to try and steal your secret weapon.

WAWAWA rolfmao

Ya can't steal what ya can't see. coolio

Re: Calaveras Catmen 5th Get-Together Apr 10th - 03/09/10 09:34 PM

Someone named "TINY" signed up for 8 guests bringing turnips with 2% milk. Don't show up...you will regret it!

Turnips, Eric's beans and fish... bolt

Before it's all over there will be a green haze hanging over the lake. sick

All we need now is boiled eggs.

Re: Calaveras Catmen 5th Get-Together Apr 10th - 03/09/10 09:41 PM

32 days and counting. fish food cheers dance2

Check your hooks and check your lines cause it almost time to fish and dine, (pig out that is). YEEEEHAWWW

Re: Calaveras Catmen 5th Get-Together Apr 10th - 03/09/10 10:00 PM

Booyah!!!

Re: Calaveras Catmen 5th Get-Together Apr 10th - 03/09/10 10:01 PM

I don't care if we all get skunked! I just want to hang out with you guys and have a great time! Skadoosh!
Steven

Re: Calaveras Catmen 5th Get-Together Apr 10th - 03/09/10 10:22 PM

Hey southern I got a 27 ft 5th wheel slider you guys are welcome stay in Friday night I ll be camping in Friday with my buddy got plenty of space and Saturday the family we come stay over. Just need a generator for Power. Just let me Know I'll be out there Friday after work.

Re: Calaveras Catmen 5th Get-Together Apr 10th - 03/09/10 10:26 PM

Team Jolly Green is bringing the "Catfish Cabana", 25' motor home, we're roughing it.

Re: Calaveras Catmen 5th Get-Together Apr 10th - 03/09/10 10:28 PM

Hey southern I got a 27 ft 5th wheel slider you guys are welcome stay in Friday night I ll be camping in Friday alone and Saturday the family we come stay over. Just need a generator for Power. Just let me I'll be out there Friday after work.

You're on brother. That sure beats sleeping in the truck. sleep I know Marty won't mind either. I don't have a generator, but hey, who needs one anyway. Thanks a bunch flehan

Re: Calaveras Catmen 5th Get-Together Apr 10th - 03/09/10 10:37 PM

Originally Posted By: Dominoman
Team Jolly Green is bringing the "Catfish Cabana", 25' motor home, we're roughing it.

We may have to rope off a bigger area.

Does it have a wet bar?

Re: Calaveras Catmen 5th Get-Together Apr 10th - 03/09/10 11:34 PM

No problem I'll look around for one. What ever I can do to make this gathering fun and enjoyable for every one. I have a ten month old daughter which I want her to look forward to these events for years to come. I'll un hook n then pick up the boat I live right next to cally. See you guy soon

Re: Calaveras Catmen 5th Get-Together Apr 10th - 03/09/10 11:50 PM

No problem I'll look around for one. What ever I can do to make this gathering fun and enjoyable for every one. I have a ten month old daughter which I want her to look forward to these events for years to come. I'll un hook n then pick up the boat I live right next to cally. See you guy soon

We all look forward to meeting our youngest new member to the Cally GT. welcome

No need to buy anything on our behalf. Just having a comfortable place to sleep is good enough for me. sleep

Re: Calaveras Catmen 5th Get-Together Apr 10th - 03/10/10 01:19 AM

We may have to rope off a bigger area.

Does it have a wet bar?

Yep a 48 quart Coleman wet bar

Re: Calaveras Catmen 5th Get-Together Apr 10th - 03/10/10 02:30 AM

son of a gun, this is gonna be fun!!!!!!!!! i can't wait, c'mon april!!!!!!! i will add to my list of things to bring some air freshner i guess!!!!!!! oh heck, the smell will mix right in with the sour grain and big marv's --- heeheeheehee

Re: Calaveras Catmen 5th Get-Together Apr 10th - 03/10/10 09:23 PM

Got the trailer all washed and ready for April woot Stocking up on big marvs and my own special concation for the bigger blues grin Come on April. I'll be out there this weekend just get the boat wet again it's been out of the water since October. I'm starting to get the fishing itch real bad now. fish

Re: Calaveras Catmen 5th Get-Together Apr 10th - 03/10/10 09:30 PM

Got the trailer all washed and ready for April woot Stocking up on big marvs and my own special concation for the bigger blues grin Come on April. I'll be out there this weekend just get the boat wet again it's been out of the water since October. I'm starting to get the fishing itch real bad now. fish

When are you going to go? I'll be there Fri. and probably again on Sun.

Re: Calaveras Catmen 5th Get-Together Apr 10th - 03/10/10 10:51 PM

Planing on going Saturday to tune and make sure everything is working good on the boat and may a little fishing too.I be doing some fishing Sunday morning if all goes good with the boat.
Posted By: Mexicajun1

Re: Calaveras Catmen 5th Get-Together Apr 10th - 03/10/10 10:51 PM

Well looks like Duty is going to call and keep me from going AGAIN this year flush If my schedule don't change looks like I will be in Houston that weekend WORKING flush going to take advantage of my 1 DAY off and hit Choke for some Bass fishin................ Hope all of y'all have a good time!!!!

Rob

Re: Calaveras Catmen 5th Get-Together Apr 10th - 03/10/10 11:32 PM

Sorry to hear that Rob. Hope things change and you can make it.

Re: Calaveras Catmen 5th Get-Together Apr 10th - 03/11/10 12:46 AM

That sucks Rob. Like Mike said, I hope your schedule gets adjusted so you can make it.
Posted By: nbtex

Re: Calaveras Catmen 5th Get-Together Apr 10th - 03/11/10 04:21 AM

IM A LITTLE NEW TO CALAVERS DO MOST OF MY FISHING AT CHOKE SO YALL TAKE IT EASY ON ME AND MY FAMILY TEAM
Posted By: Mexicajun1

Re: Calaveras Catmen 5th Get-Together Apr 10th - 03/11/10 04:16 PM

Thanks fellas IF things workout the wife and myself will be there and I will try to convice the wife to whip up some Good Ole Downhome Cajun Cookin for the event!! I don't want to put our name on the list because I'm having to play this one by ear. IF we get to make it we will do our best to get in the tourney as well. Heck I aint catfished Calaveras in over 6 months so I will just be donating lol.

Rob

Re: Calaveras Catmen 5th Get-Together Apr 10th - 03/12/10 01:42 AM

Originally Posted By: Mexicajun1
Thanks fellas IF things workout the wife and myself will be there and I will try to convice the wife to whip up some Good Ole Downhome Cajun Cookin for the event!! I don't want to put our name on the list because I'm having to play this one by ear. IF we get to make it we will do our best to get in the tourney as well. Heck I aint catfished Calaveras in over 6 months so I will just be donating lol.

Rob

Donating is a noble and admirable quality.
Posted By: saringas321

Re: Calaveras Catmen 5th Get-Together Apr 10th - 03/12/10 01:15 PM

I dont mind at all, its better than a seat belt lock in the rib thats for sure. ITs almost here!

Re: Calaveras Catmen 5th Get-Together Apr 10th - 03/18/10 12:02 AM

Are there going to be Tee shirts avaliable for sale this year?Mine is getting old and I know of a few people that are wanting to order,if they are.
Posted By: fearnofish71

Re: Calaveras Catmen 5th Get-Together Apr 10th - 03/18/10 02:14 PM

what have the winning weights been in past tournaments? anyone win more then once?

Re: Calaveras Catmen 5th Get-Together Apr 10th - 03/19/10 01:04 PM

Eric, sorry, no t-shirts this year unless some one else wants to do it. They have proven to be a $$ loss every year. Some folks order and do not show. I had to eat 7 last year.

Fearno...
2006 The Alien won the heaviest stringer with a weight of 17 pounds with 7 fish most caught in 1-4 ft of water in the cove on shrimp. TxBosun won the biggest fish with an approximate 6 pounder. 2006 pics

2007 Pete for getting the heaviest stringer (25 for 44 lb.) and the largest single (5.1 lb). The following fisherman had limits: Pete, JD, Marvin, Justin, David. Matt brought in 22. The total was 197 cats for about 270 pounds. Way too many to cook and eat. 2007 pics

2008 Marvin had the heaviest stringer (29.14) and his grandson Judson had the biggest cat (4.5). The fish were smaller than previous years. The total was about 105 pounds. Just enough for a fish fry. 2008 pics

2009 Congratulations again to the Barnhills. Judson had the biggest cat (2.8) and the heaviest stringer. The total was about 85 pounds for 80 fish. 2009 pics

Re: Calaveras Catmen 5th Get-Together Apr 10th - 03/19/10 01:51 PM

thanks for the information and good luck in this years tournament. aprils a great month for surf or pier fishing but if im not at coast ill try to make it to calaveras. are juglines allowed in tournament? i usually fish the bank but a friend of mine likes to set juglines out.

Re: Calaveras Catmen 5th Get-Together Apr 10th - 03/19/10 04:44 PM

Sorry, No jugs allowed for the ten fish stringer or largest fish. And, if there are any arrows sticking out, you might be called on that as well.

If you have a chance, come on out and meet the Catmen.

Re: Calaveras Catmen 5th Get-Together Apr 10th - 03/19/10 04:48 PM

ok just wanted to let my friend know the rules . rod n reel only. thank you.
Posted By: Geezo

Re: Calaveras Catmen 5th Get-Together Apr 10th - 03/19/10 06:49 PM

My 4 year old boy and I might make it down from Austin for the Tourney and Fish Fry.

Is there anywhere to camp close to Caleveras that you would recommend?

-Paul

Re: Calaveras Catmen 5th Get-Together Apr 10th - 03/19/10 11:55 PM

Paul, you can camp at Calaveras. I am not sure of a phone number, but here is Karen's TFF handle. caltexas123654

There is an RV park off 181 and 1604 very close to Cally.
http://www.cactuscountryrv.com/

Hope you can make it.

Re: Calaveras Catmen 5th Get-Together Apr 10th - 03/20/10 01:27 AM

is that the karen that works at calaveras?

Re: Calaveras Catmen 5th Get-Together Apr 10th - 03/20/10 01:34 AM

Yes, she works there
Posted By: Geezo

Re: Calaveras Catmen 5th Get-Together Apr 10th - 03/20/10 07:27 PM

Paul, you can camp at Calaveras. I am not sure of a phone number, but here is Karen's TFF handle. caltexas123654

There is an RV park off 181 and 1604 very close to Cally.
http://www.cactuscountryrv.com/

Hope you can make it.

Thanks,

I will look into it. We usually do pretty well at Cally, so it would be fun to hang out with some other cat fisherman. We are looking at going down on Monday if this cold front blows through and the weather looks good. Camping would be a nice alternative to getting up before the crack of dawn.

-Paul

Re: Calaveras Catmen 5th Get-Together Apr 10th - 03/21/10 04:56 PM

only three weeks ............. you boys ready?????

Re: Calaveras Catmen 5th Get-Together Apr 10th - 03/21/10 05:13 PM

I'm ready!! cheers banana thumb

Re: Calaveras Catmen 5th Get-Together Apr 10th - 03/21/10 05:42 PM

Team Jolly Green is ready

Re: Calaveras Catmen 5th Get-Together Apr 10th - 03/22/10 04:40 PM

Ready to go the cats are hot right now a lot of blues in the water .
Posted By: Phil B.

Re: Calaveras Catmen 5th Get-Together Apr 10th - 03/24/10 05:55 PM

How do we handle or catches wile fishing this tournament? Do we take them and put them straight on ice. I always think about how long is a dead fish good before the meat is bad. Are we supposed to take them to the weigh in dead or alive?

Re: Calaveras Catmen 5th Get-Together Apr 10th - 03/24/10 08:17 PM

I throw my in a cooler on ice.

Re: Calaveras Catmen 5th Get-Together Apr 10th - 03/24/10 08:34 PM

They'll be fine on ice, considering it's a noon weigh in. We go all day with them on ice.
Posted By: USMC_Guy

Re: Calaveras Catmen 5th Get-Together Apr 10th - 03/25/10 05:02 AM

Ok, I signed up to join in the fun. I've only been to Calaveras once and wasn't fishing for cats. I will be bank fishing with the family. I may go out there a couple of times to try and get familiar with the place. Last time I fished for catfish was 20 years ago with a couple of splitshots and nightcrawlers, lol. I have received some good advice from a couple of folks on the forum and will give it a shot. Look forward to meetin everybody out there.

Re: Calaveras Catmen 5th Get-Together Apr 10th - 03/25/10 01:39 PM

Welcome aboard Mike. I think we will have enough tables unless you want to bring one specifically for your family. Everyone bringing side dishes should bring a serving utensil.

Re: Calaveras Catmen 5th Get-Together Apr 10th - 03/25/10 07:02 PM

I got some tables I can pitch too I think I got 2-3 tables I can bring.

Re: Calaveras Catmen 5th Get-Together Apr 10th - 03/25/10 08:49 PM

I got some tables I can pitch too I think I got 2-3 tables I can bring.

Like Don said, we should have enough tables. Just be sure to bring some kind of chair(s) for you and your group. What would be nice is that we all help set up and clean up. That part makes a big difference in the success of our get togethers.

16 DAYS AND COUNTING................ banana
Posted By: Woodpecker (Jim)

Re: Calaveras Catmen 5th Get-Together Apr 10th - 03/26/10 12:27 AM

Hi
Just found out about this catfish group and the calaveras fish off. I just joined and would like to know what one needs to do to enter, show up time, pay the fee, the food, how many in the boat, ten dollars each or ten for the boat, etc. etc.???
thanks
Woodpecker
(carpenter)

Re: Calaveras Catmen 5th Get-Together Apr 10th - 03/26/10 12:53 AM

Woody... go look at the website. Everything is there...

http://texasalien.com/April2010GTG/index.htm

Posted By: Woodpecker (Jim)

Re: Calaveras Catmen 5th Get-Together Apr 10th - 03/26/10 01:14 AM

Thanks Alien

Re: Calaveras Catmen 5th Get-Together Apr 10th - 03/26/10 02:43 AM

wow....this group just keeps on growing!!!!!!!!! Freakin fun

Re: Calaveras Catmen 5th Get-Together Apr 10th - 03/26/10 01:21 PM

Was just out at Jolly Green, he's chomping at the bit to get back on the water, so we'll be headed down in the morning for some shad slingin'.
Posted By: unclejess

Re: Calaveras Catmen 5th Get-Together Apr 10th - 03/26/10 08:24 PM

I saw Harry at Calaveras this morning and he said he was going to win the tournament because he had a secret drift spot that he is catching 8# blues. We all know not to ever doubt Harry so I guess the game is up. He said the only one he had to worry about was Marvin but with his secret spot he wasn't even worried about Marvin.
I think I will enter anyway because I had a limit when I talked to him this morning and he didn't.

Re: Calaveras Catmen 5th Get-Together Apr 10th - 03/26/10 09:09 PM

Dang, guess that will beat the 4 pound blues I was catching today.. But, will drifting still be effective in Apr?........we will see.

Re: Calaveras Catmen 5th Get-Together Apr 10th - 03/26/10 10:19 PM

April and May have been my best months for bigger blues.

Re: Calaveras Catmen 5th Get-Together Apr 10th - 03/27/10 10:13 PM

13 days and a wake up...ARE YOU READY TO RUMBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted By: Guide Cliff Hill

Re: Calaveras Catmen 5th Get-Together Apr 10th - 03/28/10 11:27 PM

Jess, now you know our friend has a vivid imagination...lol:)
Life's good and shoudl be fun...
Posted By: ILive2Fish

Re: Calaveras Catmen 5th Get-Together Apr 10th - 03/29/10 12:02 AM

Hello Cally Catmen, I'm new to the forum. I would really like to join the get together. Wife and I plan on signing up. Already looked at the sign up page. Want to bring something for the fish fry. Can you tell me what is still needed? Looking forward to meeting ya'll.

Re: Calaveras Catmen 5th Get-Together Apr 10th - 03/29/10 02:49 AM

Welcome aboard... always need a cooler of ice and and drinking water.

Re: Calaveras Catmen 5th Get-Together Apr 10th - 03/29/10 06:19 PM

Ready to go need some final details on the boat. Trailer is ready to go I'm loaded up with big marvs and some new rods. Looking for marvs cheaper than the light house got leons ice house they have a full stock and live crawfish

Re: Calaveras Catmen 5th Get-Together Apr 10th - 03/29/10 08:35 PM

Last minute rule addition...

Baits that are not allowed,
Big Marvs
Danny Kings
Secret 7
Live or cut Bait of any kind

Good luck all, It just so happens that my bait is not on the list rolfmao rolfmao rolfmao

Re: Calaveras Catmen 5th Get-Together Apr 10th - 03/29/10 08:43 PM

To all,
I would like a firm head count if possible of all those planning to stay at the lake Friday night. I just want to make sure you are set up good and we have the area covered properly. This includes those of you whom have alreay stated you are coming. Also, what will you be sleeping in. Send me a PM. Do not post here.

Thanks in advance and look forward to seeing you there.

Re: Calaveras Catmen 5th Get-Together Apr 10th - 03/29/10 08:56 PM

Retracting the previously posted rule change. The only bait not allowed is liver of any kind!! laugh Your SOL Mike!!
Mike I still don't know if we'll be staying Friday night. I'll let you know when I know.

Re: Calaveras Catmen 5th Get-Together Apr 10th - 03/29/10 09:12 PM

I'm a founding member so you can't over rule me sucker. WAWAWA

LOL

Re: Calaveras Catmen 5th Get-Together Apr 10th - 03/29/10 09:22 PM

Just another little tidbit. If you are bringing something that needs to stay cool, be sure it's kept on ice so it doesn't spoil before eating time.

11 days and a wake up.

Anybody got a boom box with some good tunes?

Re: Calaveras Catmen 5th Get-Together Apr 10th - 03/29/10 10:29 PM

Sounds good .... Looking forward to the event.

Re: Calaveras Catmen 5th Get-Together Apr 10th - 03/29/10 11:59 PM

I am fishing Braunig until the tournament so Harry won't be following me around.

Re: Calaveras Catmen 5th Get-Together Apr 10th - 03/30/10 11:05 AM

Originally Posted By: unclejess
I am fishing Braunig until the tournament so Harry won't be following me around.

Hahahaha... there goes my plan to follow you around..... wink

Re: Calaveras Catmen 5th Get-Together Apr 10th - 03/31/10 04:58 PM

This is going to be one of the biggest we have had and there are going to be quite a few new folks. I have invited Jimbo (I think he is coming). Has anyone heard from T.Bosun?

I contacted Don Guslinger (TT)@ Calaveras this morning just to confirm that everything is on track. He was most gracious and was totally supportive. He is expecting the vanguard on Friday morning to tape off the area and offered to help keep the area clear for us. I told him that Mike Nichols was in charge of the camping area on Friday/Saturday. We want to remain a "welcome" party, so everyone be on your best behavior. If you have a misunderstanding with any of the management, let myself, Mike, or John smooth it out. Thousand Trails is proving to be easy to work with.

Everyone who camps in the Cove on Friday is expected to pay the normal camping fees for each day/night they stay.

Anyone who has tables, fryers, or other items for the campsite/fishfry are asked to bring them by early before getting in the water. Be sure they are marked with your ID so that I will not keep them all year... smile

Please check the sign up post on the Web Page and update it, if necessary, by Monday, April 5. We will assume that if you are in the heaviest 10 fish stringer tourney ($10), that you will want to enter the big fish tourney ($5) as well, unless you update and say otherwise. If you do update your record, please email me DLGadberry@aol.com or PM me. I will be at the campsite on Friday morning to help with last minute organization.

Re: Calaveras Catmen 5th Get-Together Apr 10th - 03/31/10 07:24 PM

thanks so much guys for all of your hard work organizing this thing! i know it will be a blast......... i can't wait!!!!!!!

Re: Calaveras Catmen 5th Get-Together Apr 10th - 03/31/10 08:29 PM

I talked to him, T. Bosun, a few weeks ago but he wasn't sure if he could make it or not.

I thought the cove was part of our money agreement that we already made with them? Oh well, How much is the camping fee?

Re: Calaveras Catmen 5th Get-Together Apr 10th - 04/01/10 01:23 AM

ok, all you wannabee cally catmen winners....Here is what Marty has offered for you to fight for:

Re: Calaveras Catmen 5th Get-Together Apr 10th - 04/01/10 01:52 AM

bananaYes Sir! banana Thanks for posting
Posted By: 67Merc

Re: Calaveras Catmen 5th Get-Together Apr 10th - 04/01/10 02:26 AM

Hello all, It’s been a while since I have visited this site. Some things never change still a GREAT site and wealth of knowedge shared. Of course the hot honey holes will be shared until after the meet. It’s also been a while since I have been on the lake or went fishing period. If you have room for one more, and if i can swing a kitchen pass id like to hang out with you guys.

Re: Calaveras Catmen 5th Get-Together Apr 10th - 04/01/10 02:32 AM

I am sure that we have room for more... Welcome aboard. Signup at the top of this thread.

Re: Calaveras Catmen 5th Get-Together Apr 10th - 04/01/10 03:05 AM

woooweee.... that 1st place trophy is gonna look dang good on captain eric's mantle!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Calaveras Catmen 5th Get-Together Apr 10th - 04/01/10 03:37 AM

Hello all, I have to work Friday the 9th from noon till midnight. If I don't make it to the tournament until 8 or 9 on the morning of the 10th, can I still fish it? Even a couple hours in the tournament would be better than missing out.

Re: Calaveras Catmen 5th Get-Together Apr 10th - 04/01/10 11:21 AM

Of course you can, come on out when you can!

Re: Calaveras Catmen 5th Get-Together Apr 10th - 04/01/10 12:00 PM

Sure am glad that they got the colors right on the trophy's, they'll match up with Jolly Green just fine.

Re: Calaveras Catmen 5th Get-Together Apr 10th - 04/01/10 12:23 PM

I'm mounting the first place trophy on the front of Miss Adventure like a hood ornament!! laugh

Re: Calaveras Catmen 5th Get-Together Apr 10th - 04/01/10 12:26 PM

Just checked the 10 day forecast and next Saturday will be sunny with a high of 80. It's going to be a pretty day for the tourney!!
Steven

Re: Calaveras Catmen 5th Get-Together Apr 10th - 04/01/10 12:59 PM

There is a chance for a clear day on the 10th, but...I asked my meteorologist friend (who is quite good) to give me a far out look. Here is his response to me this morning:

Unfortunately, the models right now are calling for rain on the 10th, 11th, and 12th. But, we're still 9 days out so that can change. Fortunately, the models for anything 9-10 days out have been a bit on the wet side. Unfortunately, they have also been on the slow side.

So, if I had to make a forecast for you now, I'd say that the rain chances ... See More are going to move up to the 8th-10th because of the speed of the models. But, I think that things will turn a bit drier for you so any rain chances may be ending by the time your tournament is ready to start.

If you'd like, remind me on Monday and I can get you a more detailed forecast.

Re: Calaveras Catmen 5th Get-Together Apr 10th - 04/01/10 01:54 PM

Yeah, I just pulled my data off of Weather.com. Well, I'll keep my fingers crossed!
Posted By: Phil B.

Re: Calaveras Catmen 5th Get-Together Apr 10th - 04/01/10 03:49 PM

I like to go to here http://www.weather.com/outlook/recreation/outdoors/fishing/23565:21 for the weather and fishing forecast. Don’t know how they get the fishing forecast or how accurate it is.

Re: Calaveras Catmen 5th Get-Together Apr 10th - 04/01/10 08:26 PM

I never put much stock into long range forecast. We'll have a better idea of what is going to happen by Wed.

As far as the 1st place trophies go, Marty didn't get those just to give them to some one else. They belong to Team M&M.

Re: Calaveras Catmen 5th Get-Together Apr 10th - 04/01/10 09:55 PM

To All,
You must be officially signed up for the tourney on the sign up page no later than 4pm Thur. April 8. I will finalize the pay and weigh sheets that evening. All money must be paid before you start fishing. There will be someone at the gate around 5am or so to collect your money and check your name off the list. If you are staying there Friday night, I will collect it then so you don't have to go to the gate that morning to pay. Please bring exact change, $10 for entry fee and $5 for big fish. If you don't have a season pass, be sure to bring your admittance fee for the lake as you go by the office.

More to come as we get closer.

Re: Calaveras Catmen 5th Get-Together Apr 10th - 04/02/10 11:14 AM

Mike,
We will not be staying the night Friday night.

Re: Calaveras Catmen 5th Get-Together Apr 10th - 04/02/10 11:21 AM

No prob. See ya Sat.

Re: Calaveras Catmen 5th Get-Together Apr 10th - 04/03/10 04:16 AM

and............ parttime's secret weapon is revealed!!!!!!!!

Re: Calaveras Catmen 5th Get-Together Apr 10th - 04/03/10 09:18 PM

Ok, I'm come clean on my secret weapon I will be relying on
Blind luck!! laugh

Re: Calaveras Catmen 5th Get-Together Apr 10th - 04/03/10 11:41 PM

i hear you...... i think all of us depend on that! thats the reason we call it fishing and not catching....... right?
Posted By: ziggler

Re: Calaveras Catmen 5th Get-Together Apr 10th - 04/04/10 10:02 AM

Hello,

yes you are right. and The coordinators will provide plates, plastic cups, utensils, paper towels, cooking oil, breading/batter, table covers, soap, ice, condiments, mixing and serving tins, site rental. The expenses will be deducted from the tournament entries.

thanks!!

Posted By: elcapitanken

Re: Calaveras Catmen 5th Get-Together Apr 10th - 04/05/10 01:37 AM

Just joined this site. I am getting in tournament Saturday, and not sure what to expect.

Re: Calaveras Catmen 5th Get-Together Apr 10th - 04/05/10 01:55 AM

Welcome to the forum. I'm in the same boat. I guess we'll find out when we get there. This page has the sign up and rules.

http://texasalien.com/April2010GTG/index.htm

I am going mostly to meet everyone and get all the tips I can from all the experience that will be there. I don't know if I'll do any good or not, but I'll donate to the cause.

Re: Calaveras Catmen 5th Get-Together Apr 10th - 04/05/10 02:56 AM

Sounds good. I just hope I don't emberass myself.

Re: Calaveras Catmen 5th Get-Together Apr 10th - 04/05/10 02:56 AM

welcome ken, you can expect fun fishing, good food , and lots of stories................. gonna be a heck of a shin dig!!!!!!!

Re: Calaveras Catmen 5th Get-Together Apr 10th - 04/05/10 11:05 AM

Last year we (myself, wife, and buddy Joel) only caught 9 fish. It doesn't matter, it's all in good fun!!

Re: Calaveras Catmen 5th Get-Together Apr 10th - 04/05/10 03:02 PM

just looked at the weather forcast for saturday........ 79 degrees with sun and a breeze!!!!!!!!!!! it's gonna be on like donkey kong

Re: Calaveras Catmen 5th Get-Together Apr 10th - 04/05/10 03:22 PM

Oh it's on, it's on!! And just an FYI, my partner Joel and I will be frying the fish and you know what they say, "don't piss off the cook!!". wink

Re: Calaveras Catmen 5th Get-Together Apr 10th - 04/05/10 08:48 PM

Oh it's on, it's on!! And just an FYI, my partner Joel and I will be frying the fish and you know what they say, "don't piss off the cook!!". wink

I have a solution to making the fish come out great and that's making sure the cooks have cold, full beer! I'll do my part!
Steven

Re: Calaveras Catmen 5th Get-Together Apr 10th - 04/05/10 09:16 PM

Steve, I like your style! laugh cheers

Re: Calaveras Catmen 5th Get-Together Apr 10th - 04/05/10 09:43 PM

Originally Posted By: Steven168

I have a solution to making the fish come out great and that's making sure the cooks have cold, full beer! I'll do my part!
Steven

Can't wait to see those two making a run for the rest room every 15 minutes. flush

As of now,
We have a total of 24 individual teams with a total of 56 fishing. If everyone can make it then this will be by far our biggest get together. cheers

Look forward to meeting you all. See ya there. fish

Re: Calaveras Catmen 5th Get-Together Apr 10th - 04/05/10 10:35 PM

For the new folks coming down, I have some printed maps of the lake, if ya could chime in if ya want one, so I know how many to print/copy. It's 3 or 4 pages but it will cover most of the lake, with depth lines.

Re: Calaveras Catmen 5th Get-Together Apr 10th - 04/05/10 10:42 PM

Since the talk has let up some, I'll stir it some more, here's what it looks like Saturday morning.

"Oh no, it's Team Jolly Green, we'll just surrender"
Posted By: psg2628

Re: Calaveras Catmen 5th Get-Together Apr 10th - 04/06/10 02:02 AM

Just received word that I won't have to work Saturday morning.

I WILL BE THERE FRIDAY NIGHT!!!!!!!!!!

woot bannana2

Re: Calaveras Catmen 5th Get-Together Apr 10th - 04/06/10 05:46 PM

Okay, this is just a bit off subject, but my seat upholstery is SHOT on my boat. At the tourney, if ya'll know of someone that does good work, but doesn't want to charge 500 for a bench seat, please let me know. I know it takes work, but 500 seems to be the going rate.

Re: Calaveras Catmen 5th Get-Together Apr 10th - 04/06/10 07:55 PM

Since the talk has let up some, I'll stir it some more, here's what it looks like Saturday morning.

"Oh no, it's Team Jolly Green, we'll just surrender"

Hey!! How the heck did you get a picture of my top secret fishing spot!!!!

Re: Calaveras Catmen 5th Get-Together Apr 10th - 04/06/10 08:25 PM

Okay, this is just a bit off subject, but my seat upholstery is SHOT on my boat. At the tourney, if ya'll know of someone that does good work, but doesn't want to charge 500 for a bench seat, please let me know. I know it takes work, but 500 seems to be the going rate.

We'll take a look at it Sat. If I can't do it I'm sure I can find you someone good. See ya there.

Re: Calaveras Catmen 5th Get-Together Apr 10th - 04/07/10 12:54 AM

We'll take a look at it Sat. If I can't do it I'm sure I can find you someone good. See ya there.

Awesome!!!

Re: Calaveras Catmen 5th Get-Together Apr 10th - 04/07/10 12:57 AM

I'll just catch another one like this one to win the heaviest fish trophy.

Posted By: Fish Inspector

Re: Calaveras Catmen 5th Get-Together Apr 10th - 04/07/10 03:37 AM

What's with the "plant pens" back in the 181 cove?
I thought I saw Don the other day tossing 4 lbr's in there for the tourney. LOL

FI

Re: Calaveras Catmen 5th Get-Together Apr 10th - 04/07/10 10:57 AM

Originally Posted By: Fish Inspector
What's with the "plant pens" back in the 181 cove?
I thought I saw Don the other day tossing 4 lbr's in there for the tourney. LOL

FI

Those have been there a while. I think it was late last year when I saw them putting those in. I haven't been back there since. 4lbers huh? I'll just have to relocate them when I'm out there tomorrow!! wink

Re: Calaveras Catmen 5th Get-Together Apr 10th - 04/07/10 01:12 PM

Those are just the chum.

I will be out there tomorrow as well. Making a supply trip and checking with the office. The plant encouragement pens have been there for a year. I don't know if TT has done anything in the lake like SARA did. I really doubt it.

Re: Calaveras Catmen 5th Get-Together Apr 10th - 04/07/10 07:03 PM

Shopping is done....truck is loaded with the stuff. Will prepare breading and dip on Friday. Have to stop in town tomorrow to get a roll of table top covering.

Counting on at least 4 fryers with tanks (John counts for two, Cliff for one, and Eric for one). We could probably use one more if we have enough fish fry baskets. I am bringing two baskets.

Everyone needs to bring chairs to sit. Most of the tables will be for serving.

Mike will be handling the sign-in sheets and hopefully the weigh-in. Larry Glaze will not be able to help much at the weigh-in due to medical conditions, so we can use a little help there. I am bringing a big bucket, 50-lb digital scale and a rope for the weigh-in.

EVERYONE cleaning fish, Please do it well! Wash it down good. I like to rub the belly side on the rough surface on top of the cleaning table to get the blood, etc off and do a double rinse. Put the clean fillets in a clean bag. We will not have the capability of re-washing once at the campsite.

Re: Calaveras Catmen 5th Get-Together Apr 10th - 04/07/10 07:15 PM

Also. please remember to bring exact change; $10 per tourny entry, $5 per big fish entry. Audrey will be collecting the money outside the gate before you enter.

Re: Calaveras Catmen 5th Get-Together Apr 10th - 04/07/10 08:34 PM

[quote=The Texas Alien]
Mike will be handling the sign-in sheets and hopefully the weigh-in. Larry Glaze will not be able to help much at the weigh-in due to medical conditions, so we can use a little help there. I am bringing a big bucket, 50-lb digital scale and a rope for the weigh-in.

Yes, Marty and I will be doing the weigh in. We will be at the cleaning table around 11am to set everything up. Don, one of us will come get the weigh in stuff from you then.

I will also have a 6 plug power strip hanging over the cleaning table so there can be 6 electric fillet knifes going at once. Let's all pitch in with the cleaning.The quicker we can get the fillets to the friers the quicker we can eat. Keep in mind that there will be a lot of other people out there fishing besides us so parking at or near the cleaning tables will be a bit challenging.

John,
I will be at the gate around 5am with the pay sheet.

Remember, the dead line for signing up is 4pm Thur.

See y'all there

Re: Calaveras Catmen 5th Get-Together Apr 10th - 04/07/10 08:47 PM

I guess it's my deodorant or lack thereof because my partner just informed me he couldn't make the tournament. In order to keep this thing even, I propose that everyone spot me 10#'s to start.

Re: Calaveras Catmen 5th Get-Together Apr 10th - 04/07/10 08:57 PM

Originally Posted By: unclejess
I guess it's my deodorant or lack thereof because my partner just informed me he couldn't make the tournament. In order to keep this thing even, I propose that everyone spot me 10#'s to start.

NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We all know you to well.
YOU, don't need a partner to be a strong contender for the money. You fish the lake three or four times a week.

Good luck Jess. See ya there.

Re: Calaveras Catmen 5th Get-Together Apr 10th - 04/07/10 11:04 PM

I haven't fished the lake a total of four times so that 10#'s could come in handy this way.

Re: Calaveras Catmen 5th Get-Together Apr 10th - 04/08/10 01:12 AM

I'll be out there tomorrow to pre-fish. Expect a full report....err...well almost full report...hehehe wink

Re: Calaveras Catmen 5th Get-Together Apr 10th - 04/08/10 01:36 AM

Originally Posted By: USMC_Gy_09
I haven't fished the lake a total of four times so that 10#'s could come in handy this way.

We will spot you .01 pounds. grin
Posted By: Tall Tale

Re: Calaveras Catmen 5th Get-Together Apr 10th - 04/08/10 02:18 AM

I will bring another burner gas and pot w/ basket. also a table,looks like that will cover it. do we have enough oil?

Re: Calaveras Catmen 5th Get-Together Apr 10th - 04/08/10 02:22 AM

Question can we beach our boats anywhere neer the party or do we have to pull them?

Re: Calaveras Catmen 5th Get-Together Apr 10th - 04/08/10 03:05 AM

That's it? crying

Re: Calaveras Catmen 5th Get-Together Apr 10th - 04/08/10 03:50 AM

Originally Posted By: Tall Tale
Question can we beach our boats anywhere neer the party or do we have to pull them?

You can beach where we will be at but it will get crowded pretty fast.

Re: Calaveras Catmen 5th Get-Together Apr 10th - 04/08/10 07:35 AM

Does anyone know if Marv will be selling buckets of catfish crack at the event on Saturday? I sure would like to buy a gallon.
Posted By: CATFISH KILLER

Re: Calaveras Catmen 5th Get-Together Apr 10th - 04/08/10 09:12 AM

YES I WILL BRING GALLONS OF BAIT THERE SATURDAY. MY SON WILL BE THERE BEFORE ME. IF ANYONE WANTS BAIT POST IT ON HERE AND LET ME KNOW.
BIG MARV

Re: Calaveras Catmen 5th Get-Together Apr 10th - 04/08/10 12:56 PM

I have 18 quarts of Smart Balance cooking oil. That should cover 4-5 fryers. If anyone wants to bring extra just in case....

Re: Calaveras Catmen 5th Get-Together Apr 10th - 04/08/10 05:58 PM

Hello Big Marv I will be wanting a gallon of bait. Thanks

Re: Calaveras Catmen 5th Get-Together Apr 10th - 04/08/10 08:30 PM

Good day all.
We're almost near the bewitching hour. Are ya ready?

Just a few last things.

1. For those of you who plan on staying out there Fri. night, remember the camping fee and that the gate closes at 8pm. Ya gotta be there before that or sleep at the gate.
2. Sat. will be a good day to be on the water so there will be a lot of other people showing up at the gate before it opens. Try to be there no later than 5:45am. This will give you enough time to walk up to the gate and pay and maybe even get your boat ready for the water. Please be patient at the ramps cause it will be crowded.
3. Please keep any food that may spoil before we eat on ice.
4. Go fish, have fun, enjoy the food, and most of all,
Make New Friends!

Re: Calaveras Catmen 5th Get-Together Apr 10th - 04/08/10 10:14 PM

Sign-up is over. Gonna be fun!

Re: Calaveras Catmen 5th Get-Together Apr 10th - 04/09/10 01:08 AM

Marv,I would like a 5 gallon bucket.I sent you a PM.

Thanks,
Eric...
Posted By: Jack O

Re: Calaveras Catmen 5th Get-Together Apr 10th - 04/09/10 02:31 AM

Hey guys i got off of work late today and didnt read the message that we needed to sign up again even though we were allready on list.... i did see however that my name was #34 on reg. list is that still a go.

Re: Calaveras Catmen 5th Get-Together Apr 10th - 04/09/10 02:54 AM

I have a "Jack" registered..... Is your partner "Harry"? You are number 34 and you are still a go.

Re: Calaveras Catmen 5th Get-Together Apr 10th - 04/09/10 03:00 AM

If anybody wants to partner up or wants needs another fisher for their team, I am by myself right now. I don't have a boat, just a personal pontoon to cruise along the shore. I am not very experienced on this lake either. Not making much of a case for myself, lol. I am going there to mainly to meet everybody and have fun with everyone else and don't mind fishing alone, but always good to have company. I will fish from the bank if anybody else is stuck on the bank and wants somebody to BS with.

Look forward to seeing everybody out there. 32 hours and counting!!

Re: Calaveras Catmen 5th Get-Together Apr 10th - 04/09/10 03:08 AM

Mike...It is great to meet up with you. You are going to make so many superb catfishin' buddies on this outing. We are not allowing any further entries into the tourney as of 4 p.m. today. So glad though to have you into this wonderful group.

Re: Calaveras Catmen 5th Get-Together Apr 10th - 04/09/10 12:27 PM

Oh, OK. I'm signed up for the tourney already. This is my first time doing something like this so I didn't know how it works. I am getting excited now, this time tomorrow...

Re: Calaveras Catmen 5th Get-Together Apr 10th - 04/09/10 01:25 PM

Originally Posted By: USMC_Gy_09
Oh, OK. I'm signed up for the tourney already. This is my first time doing something like this so I didn't know how it works. I am getting excited now, this time tomorrow...

You are in the tourney. The sign-up sheets are done. We are looking forward to meeting you. Good luck, Mike!

Re: Calaveras Catmen 5th Get-Together Apr 10th - 04/09/10 02:16 PM

Mike:
My partner couldn't get off for the tournament so why not fish with me? I will be at the gate by 6 in the morning. I know the lake pretty well so we shouldn't get skunked. If nothing else, we can follow Cliff or Marvin. That's what Harry does.

Re: Calaveras Catmen 5th Get-Together Apr 10th - 04/09/10 02:26 PM

Mike:

Call me -415-3638 and we can plot some strategy.
Posted By: HBN

Re: Calaveras Catmen 5th Get-Together Apr 10th - 04/09/10 03:23 PM

Don,
Jack and I wasn't sure Texall was going to have the boat ready for us, but it IS ready. Thank goodness!!!!! Just hope it runs this time!!!!!
Anyway if you need any more help with the weigh-in/whatever? let us know. We don't have a problem stopping early enough to help out. We are new at this and that would be good way to meet everyone!
Jack and Harry team #34

Re: Calaveras Catmen 5th Get-Together Apr 10th - 04/09/10 05:03 PM

look out boys........ i'm southbound on i-35!!!!!!!!! it's finally here yyyyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeee hhhhhhhhaaaaaawwwwwww!!!!!!!

Re: Calaveras Catmen 5th Get-Together Apr 10th - 04/09/10 08:53 PM

Thanks, Harry. I think we have the weigh-in covered. Have fun and catch some fish!
Posted By: psg2628

Re: Calaveras Catmen 5th Get-Together Apr 10th - 04/09/10 08:57 PM

FINALLY ON THE ROAD. I should be there by 6.

Re: Calaveras Catmen 5th Get-Together Apr 10th - 04/09/10 09:56 PM

Boat and one vehicle loaded, I can't wait til the morning!!!!

Re: Calaveras Catmen 5th Get-Together Apr 10th - 04/09/10 10:40 PM

Sorry fellas i havent been keeping up. didnt sign in for the second but ill sit this one out. ill be there about 7:00 friday but i wont be in the tourney just out to fish and meet some of you guys. fixing this boat and getting a generator left my wallet empty. see you guys out there.

Re: Calaveras Catmen 5th Get-Together Apr 10th - 04/09/10 11:42 PM

Jorge, you are on the sign-up list as George Flores. You are welcome to participate in the tourney. Otherwise, come out anyway and have some fun.

Re: Calaveras Catmen 5th Get-Together Apr 10th - 04/10/10 01:11 AM

I just want to wish everyone good luck tomorrow and I am looking foward to seeing old friends and meeting new ones tomorrow.This will be the biggest get together yet,and the weather looks really good for the tournament.

See yall tomorrow. cheers
Posted By: CATFISH KILLER

Re: Calaveras Catmen 5th Get-Together Apr 10th - 04/10/10 01:21 AM

STIKSHOOTER MY SON JOHN WILL BE THER FAIRLY EARLY WITH THE BUCKET OF BAIT. IT WILL SAY BIG MARV'S CHEESE BAIT ON THE BOAT.
THANKS,
BIG MARV

Re: Calaveras Catmen 5th Get-Together Apr 10th - 04/10/10 06:37 PM

To my new TFF Catfishing friends,

Sorry I missed the get together today folks. I was really looking forward to being there. But, I work in healthcare and I was supposed to get off at midnight and I ended up having to work a double. So, I didn't get off until 9am today. Ended up working 21 hours. Not much I could do about it either, since there wasn't anybody else available to work.

I'm sure it was a good time had by all. Congratulations to the tournament winners.

Re: Calaveras Catmen 5th Get-Together Apr 10th - 04/11/10 12:24 AM

Sorry you had to work. It was a blast. Next time.

Great party and now I need the pics. Send them to DLGadberry@aol.com. Will have the report up by tomorrow evening.

Re: Calaveras Catmen 5th Get-Together Apr 10th - 04/11/10 04:22 PM

Audrey, Joel and I had a great time!!! It was nice to meet a lot of you and put faces with names. Now, I have always been bad with name, so excuse me if I still can't put everyone’s screen name together with their real names.
Don, I will be sending you some pictures soon.
Congrats to all the trophy and money winners, and especially my fishing buddy Joel Willis who went from last year winning the trophy for the smallest fish, to this year winning second place in the biggest fish category!! Joel deserves Most Improved in my book!
LOST and FOUND
First the lost;
My fish cooler, it is blue with a white top, wheels and a big handle to pull it. Last seen at the cleaning station. We left it there when we went to start the fish fryers, came back later and it was gone.
Found;
Spatula, says "Don" on the handle, I'm assuming it belongs to the Texas Alien.
Serving Spoon, Black with no name on it.
Camp chair, kind of red'ish and says "RLEO" on the back
Red bowl with top, had a salad of some kind inside. Audrey says the owners name is Tony Brown.
All items are at my house here in San Antonio.

Re: Calaveras Catmen 5th Get-Together Apr 10th - 04/11/10 07:53 PM

John, You can keep the spatula and think of me when turning your eggs. The RLEO is Richard's and you can probably let Karen at the gate save it for him. Tony Brown is one of the newby's and I will try to find his handle.

What a great party...busy working my website update for the GTG.

Re: Calaveras Catmen 5th Get-Together Apr 10th - 04/11/10 11:39 PM

I had a blast. How about name tags next year? Name and forum screen name. Next year might even be bigger, due to word of mouth! Oh, quick thanks to the cooks and the ladies that helped set up the tables and food fare.....not to mentiion the fish cleaning volunteers, and everyone else that I may have forgotten. Your efforts were truly appreciated!
Steven

Re: Calaveras Catmen 5th Get-Together Apr 10th - 04/12/10 12:41 AM

Audrey, Joel and I had a great time!!! It was nice to meet a lot of you and put faces with names. Now, I have always been bad with name, so excuse me if I still can't put everyone’s screen name together with their real names.
Don, I will be sending you some pictures soon.
Congrats to all the trophy and money winners, and especially my fishing buddy Joel Willis who went from last year winning the trophy for the smallest fish, to this year winning second place in the biggest fish category!! Joel deserves Most Improved in my book!
LOST and FOUND
First the lost;
My fish cooler, it is blue with a white top, wheels and a big handle to pull it. Last seen at the cleaning station. We left it there when we went to start the fish fryers, came back later and it was gone.
Found;
Spatula, says "Don" on the handle, I'm assuming it belongs to the Texas Alien.
Serving Spoon, Black with no name on it.
Camp chair, kind of red'ish and says "RLEO" on the back
Red bowl with top, had a salad of some kind inside. Audrey says the owners name is Tony Brown.
All items are at my house here in San Antonio.

I'll send you a pm

Re: Calaveras Catmen 5th Get-Together Apr 10th - 04/12/10 01:24 AM

Here are the pics and updates I have received so far

Re: Calaveras Catmen 5th Get-Together Apr 10th - 04/12/10 02:33 AM

Oh Man, I am really sad I missed the event. It looks like you guys had a B L A S T ! I sure hope there will be an event in the Fall like a couple folks have suggested.

Re: Calaveras Catmen 5th Get-Together Apr 10th - 04/12/10 02:42 AM

Thanks for the report and pics.

Re: Calaveras Catmen 5th Get-Together Apr 10th - 04/12/10 12:50 PM

thanks to all of the cally cat guys who made my trip so worth it! good to finally put names with faces. i had a blast and look forward to seeing ya'll again soon. Thanks to Eric as always for on hell of a fishing trip! And to all the ladies and gentlemen who made this thing happen........ you all are the best, THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: Fish Inspector

Re: Calaveras Catmen 5th Get-Together Apr 10th - 04/12/10 02:27 PM

Susan and myself had a GREAT Time!
It was good to see Don, Linda, Mike & Marty again.
Cudo's to them for a great gathering.
It was good to meeet new faces like RLEO50, Parttime, Audrey, Steven,and several other. Cudo's to Part Time for his time and that hi-tech fryer. And the FEAST was awesome, I did not eat for a day and a half after that.
We even caught fish! We ended up with 16 caught, 10 good ones for a tourney limit, with 14 lbs + and almost a 3 lbr.
For fishing the lake 2-3 times a year and coming in a couple lbs out of the money, up agaist Cliff, Marv & gang and other who fish it a bunch we were very happy.
This event has grown and grown and turned into something special thanks to all who helped and showed up.
If you missed it, YOU MISSED IT!

FI

Re: Calaveras Catmen 5th Get-Together Apr 10th - 04/12/10 02:47 PM

I had a great time and enjoyed seeing everyone again. Thanks Don for putting this on.
I fished with a really nice guy that I hadn't met before the tournament-Mike Cox aka USMC_Gy_09 on the forum. Make him welcome on the forum and on the lake because he upgrades our image.

Re: Calaveras Catmen 5th Get-Together Apr 10th - 04/12/10 05:03 PM

Got in touch with the insurance people this morning about the motor, got claim filed, adjuster has called and said he'll be here this afternoon. Can't complain about that. RGO and I had a great time even though we sat out to let Cliff have his dream shot of winning both categories. It was sure a great gathering, getting to put the faces with the names. So I don't miss anyone, I'll just leave it at hats off to all who did the frying, preparing, serving, setting up, cleaning up and coordinating.

Re: Calaveras Catmen 5th Get-Together Apr 10th - 04/12/10 08:03 PM

Lonnie, the prize is yours. No one has caught a 5 pound large mouth bass when at our tourney, ever!!! Thank goodness the insurance is going to pay for your fortunate experience.

Re: Calaveras Catmen 5th Get-Together Apr 10th - 04/12/10 08:06 PM

Jess, thanks for the kind words and partnering up with me. It was a great learning experience from a terrific guy. I echo all the thoughts already posted about the get-together. The folks that put this on and everybody that helped out should be applauded. Congrats to all the people that placed as well.

I wish my family could have made it out but my youngest daughter has been battling headaches and sinusitus. Her eye started swelling up after I got back on Saturday and by Sunday we had to go to the ER. It turns out that she has an intraorbital abcess in behind her eye. Just talked to the doc and it looks like we will be in the hospital for 5-7 days until they can clear it up. At least he is saying that she doesn't need surgery as long as the medicine can do its job. Poor baby is miserable though.

Enough about that. It was great to get to meet some fellow TFFers and I look forward to seeing y'all out there fishing.

Re: Calaveras Catmen 5th Get-Together Apr 10th - 04/12/10 09:01 PM

Mike, it was nice meeting you and I hope for a speedy recovery for the little one!

Re: Calaveras Catmen 5th Get-Together Apr 10th - 04/12/10 09:07 PM

Adjuster came out and took his photos, told me that the claim should process this week and be receiving a check from the home office.

Re: Calaveras Catmen 5th Get-Together Apr 10th - 04/12/10 09:10 PM

There is only one word that comes to mind when discribing this event...AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I didn't realize just how many people were there until I saw the group picture. Don, I want to see ya put names on the group picture to all that bunch. LOL. You did a great brother. Many, many thanks.

Like mentioned before, it was great to finally put faces to names. I personally made several new friends and hope to see you on the waters again. It was also good to see old friends from past gatherings.

Again, thanks to ALL of you who helped make this a success. If I were to try and name you all I know I would leave someone out so let's leave it at that.

Cliff,
You only got me by .74 ounces for big fish. I'll be gunning for ya next year big guy.

Lonnie,
It's good to hear the Jolly Green will be back on the water soon. I'll be looking out for you.

To all,
Thank you for coming out to join us and hope you had a good time. I hope to see you all again next year. You know my name now so send me a PM sometime. I'd love to hear from ya.

Re: Calaveras Catmen 5th Get-Together Apr 10th - 04/13/10 12:17 AM

What a blast. It was great to get to meet everyone and put faces to TFF names. Thanks to all the cordinators and help, Can't wait till next year. Hope to see all of you on the water soon. Congrats to the winners.
Posted By: Al Ramirez

Re: Calaveras Catmen 5th Get-Together Apr 10th - 04/13/10 04:20 PM

Wow looks like you guys had a really great time I wish I could have been there but next year I will be for sure! For now I better get practicing smile

Re: Calaveras Catmen 5th Get-Together Apr 10th - 04/13/10 08:45 PM

Yahooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, a good day, got the repair part for the Jolly Green, installed and tested, works like a champ. Ended up being a shorted regulator/rectifier. Found one in stock at the local dealer, a little pricey, but it's factory OMC part. Before I went to the dealer, stopped and did the closing on a rental house I had, I'm now officially out of the slum lord business. Look out Cabela's around Thursday.

Re: Calaveras Catmen 5th Get-Together Apr 10th - 04/13/10 08:50 PM

Yahooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, a good day, got the repair part for the Jolly Green, installed and tested, works like a champ. Ended up being a shorted regulator/rectifier. Found one in stock at the local dealer, a little pricey, but it's factory OMC part. Before I went to the dealer, stopped and did the closing on a rental house I had, I'm now officially out of the slum lord business. Look out Cabela's around Thursday.

Outstanding Lonnie. clap That is very good news. Look out Calaveras Cats. The Jolly Green is back in action and coming for you. fish

Re: Calaveras Catmen 5th Get-Together Apr 10th - 04/13/10 08:55 PM

Very cool!!

Re: Calaveras Catmen 5th Get-Together Apr 10th - 04/14/10 12:17 PM

FUN! FUN! FUN! Glad to meet everybody again, (without the crutches and wrap) and to meet new people. Lonnie, sorry about the Jolly Green but happy to know you fixed her. Mike, we did good bud! 3rd place!

Thanks to all for making this happen. Sooner or later the cove won’t be big enough for us.

Re: Calaveras Catmen 5th Get-Together Apr 10th - 04/14/10 09:31 PM

Short of a test run to Lake Bastrop, Jolly Green is back in business. New electrical parts & new complete water pump. Dem Cally cats better watch out.

Re: Calaveras Catmen 5th Get-Together Apr 10th - 04/14/10 09:55 PM

Go getum big guy. They don't stand a chance against the Jolly Green.

Re: Calaveras Catmen 5th Get-Together Apr 10th - 04/15/10 12:35 AM

Short of a test run to Lake Bastrop, Jolly Green is back in business. New electrical parts & new complete water pump. Dem Cally cats better watch out.

The Jolly Green has how many lake records?

Re: Calaveras Catmen 5th Get-Together Apr 10th - 04/15/10 12:46 AM

There have been a total of 4 water body records caught out of JGG.

Re: Calaveras Catmen 5th Get-Together Apr 10th - 04/15/10 12:52 AM

There have been a total of 4 water body records caught out of JGG.

flehan

Re: Calaveras Catmen 5th Get-Together Apr 10th - 04/15/10 02:12 AM

Had a great time. Was nice to meet some new people.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum