Texas Fishing Forum

Grapevine cats. Are they still shallow

Posted By: Chris Hall

Grapevine cats. Are they still shallow - 06/19/08 01:02 PM

Been working a lot and have not had time to get out on the water. Are the cat’s still shallow. My Dad and brother went out yesterday for cats on grapevine and nothing so they did some bass fishing. Did well with that. If I were there I would have rather stuck it out for some big cats.
Posted By: infamousfisher

Re: Grapevine cats. Are they still shallow - 06/19/08 01:08 PM

I have been very good by the dam. I have not had a chance to drift for them yet. The channels have been very plentiful by the riprap and shallow on cut shad. I will probably drift a little more not that it is heating up.
Posted By: oldrock

Re: Grapevine cats. Are they still shallow - 06/19/08 04:53 PM

where by the dam are you guys picking them up? I tried over by the bubbles on fresh shad in 3-5 feet of water right up by the rocks on the dam and didn't get any. Are you working on bottom or under cork?

Re: Grapevine cats. Are they still shallow - 06/19/08 05:46 PM

Both, I just anchor up north of the bubbles. I have caught some nice ones by the damn this month. Caught these right off the riprap.

http://texasfishingforum.com/forums/ubbt...d_Catfis#UNREAD
Posted By: BigMack

Re: Grapevine cats. Are they still shallow - 06/19/08 06:10 PM

FYI I caught this 3#er off of Murrell point drifting around looking for sandies - 25' down on a Little George. He's back in there, I didn't want to clean just one.

Re: Grapevine cats. Are they still shallow - 06/19/08 07:46 PM

Nice fish, they are really starting to turn on. They are hitting slabs more and more too.
Posted By: riverrat1973

Re: Grapevine cats. Are they still shallow - 06/20/08 02:47 PM

i am wanting to get out and do some cattin next week after work one night, anyone want to go?
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum