Texas Fishing Forum

A Day Of Juggin on the Guad

Posted By: nehntr

A Day Of Juggin on the Guad - 05/14/08 05:37 PM

This is the result of 1 day of juggin on the river after givin a few to the three guys that caught zero, I still managed to bring 36 channels home. The biggest was 10 banana#. Now I have enough fish for my daughters B-day party fish fry. I was tyrin the flaggin type that I built as well as just the floaters. fish
Posted By: CaneyCat

Re: A Day Of Juggin on the Guad - 05/14/08 06:01 PM

Nice channel cats, WTG!
Posted By: McLovin

Re: A Day Of Juggin on the Guad - 05/14/08 06:05 PM

1 day of fishing and you brought home 36 cats....isnt the 1 day limit for 1 person 25 cats?
Posted By: Charles B.

Re: A Day Of Juggin on the Guad - 05/14/08 07:00 PM

popcorn
Posted By: David Lee

Re: A Day Of Juggin on the Guad - 05/14/08 07:02 PM

Looks like a nice day of juggin.thumb
Posted By: cellis

Re: A Day Of Juggin on the Guad - 05/14/08 09:31 PM

popcorn2
Posted By: Smile-n-Nod

Re: A Day Of Juggin on the Guad - 05/14/08 10:25 PM

Why are the tails so red?
Posted By: waitinforabite

Re: A Day Of Juggin on the Guad - 05/14/08 10:41 PM

Can I ask whereabouts on the Guad?

Re: A Day Of Juggin on the Guad - 05/14/08 11:27 PM

If you spend the night it is considered 2 days. I started fishing tues 8:00 finished wed 7:00 am therefore posession limit is 50. Maybe I should have said one day plus night .The tails are red because they are hung up, I cut the tails off after the pics. They were caught at H-4 Lake Gonzales.
Posted By: waitinforabite

Re: A Day Of Juggin on the Guad - 05/14/08 11:36 PM

I live in Kyle and the guad is the closest launch for me. I went a few days ago and minnow fished and had one big one that broke the line not sure what it was but I am still figuring out how to catch fish down there. I am used to Lake Travis but with gas prices and all.....

Re: A Day Of Juggin on the Guad - 05/14/08 11:53 PM

I usually fish limb lines up river but the bite has been slow this year. So I moved down to the lake area and have done pretty good this year. I also fish soap on the limbs. Fresh threadfin shad and chubs seem to do great in the lake area on floatin jugs.

Re: A Day Of Juggin on the Guad - 05/15/08 12:20 AM

Originally Posted By: McLovin
1 day of fishing and you brought home 36 cats....isnt the 1 day limit for 1 person 25 cats?
I may have taken offense to that comment but I do not break game laws and do respect others views. I pride myself on promoting and enabling others to enjow the outdoors. I will help anyone out when they need it but will not condone breaking game laws. fish cheers
Posted By: The Texas Alien

Re: A Day Of Juggin on the Guad - 05/15/08 11:12 AM

Originally Posted By: nehntr
Originally Posted By: McLovin
I may have taken offense to that comment but I do not break game laws and do respect others views. I pride myself on promoting and enabling others to enjow the outdoors. I will help anyone out when they need it but will not condone breaking game laws. fish cheers

I can understand the confusion on the "daily bag" limit and the statement is not necessarily accusatory. The definition of "daily" is the question. I think Cliff had an issue with this a couple of years ago and the comments I read then were that, if you had more than the daily bag limit of 25 in your boat at any time, you were in violation of the reg.

I called TPWD today and spoke to a 17 year veteran warden who regularly answers these type of questions. The facts, according to the warden, are that:

1) the definition of daily means calendar date, i.e., midnight to midnight, but that is not stated in the regulations;
2) The bag of one calendar date must be kept separate from the bag of another date;
3) Both bags can be in the same boat, but they must be kept in separate containers or stringers.

How a game warden is supposed to know that the angler is being honest about the counts of fish in each bag is beyond me....I asked that question and was told that I would be surprised what the wardens know (???) Do I trust each warden to know this information? I have my worries about that.

Has anyone reading this thread ever been checked with more than 25 kitties for one person after fishing through the midnight hour and, if so, what were the circumstances and results?

Great catch of catfish...I love to jug and hear about successful trips like this.
Posted By: I GOT'EM

Re: A Day Of Juggin on the Guad - 05/15/08 01:54 PM

hey vern awesome pics of them fish, wheres little miss sunshine thats usually in the pics with you.
nevermind the bag limit situation someone just had a bad day and decided to pick on you and texas alien is right about that reg. diffrent day diffrent fish!
cant a man enjoy a day of fishing with his wife and child?
you wanna go to jail or you wanna go home just give the other ten fish...lol
Posted By: Southernboy

Re: A Day Of Juggin on the Guad - 05/15/08 06:25 PM

Anyone fished below the dam on H4 lately? I've fished it a few times and always had some good luck.

Re: A Day Of Juggin on the Guad - 05/17/08 02:31 PM

Originally Posted By: Southernboy
Anyone fished below the dam on H4 lately? I've fished it a few times and always had some good luck.

I want to try fishin below the dam I just need to get some snagless sinkers and some bug spray this time of year. I hate mosquitoes.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum