Texas Fishing Forum

Cabela's KingKat tourney 5-17-08 TAWAKONI..

Posted By: Quicksilver

Cabela's KingKat tourney 5-17-08 TAWAKONI.. - 05/10/08 12:16 AM

OK, Who's planning on fishing the tourney? This looks like it is going to be a good one..
Posted By: go_cats_go

Re: Cabela's KingKat tourney 5-17-08 TAWAKONI.. - 05/10/08 12:21 AM

I'm in, My brother & I will be fishing & Richard Pickens will be fishing also.
Posted By: Big Mick

Re: Cabela's KingKat tourney 5-17-08 TAWAKONI.. - 05/10/08 08:16 PM

STEVE AND I WILL BE THERE...

Re: Cabela's KingKat tourney 5-17-08 TAWAKONI.. - 05/10/08 08:53 PM

Originally Posted By: Big Mick
STEVE AND I WILL BE THERE...
NOOOOOOOO! Well, there goes 1st place! We will have to try and go for 2nd place now. Is Tommy going to fish it?
Posted By: elpolloloco

Re: Cabela's KingKat tourney 5-17-08 TAWAKONI.. - 05/10/08 10:46 PM

Big Sam said he would be here but that was when I talked to him at the NTTC tournament on TWOK earlier this year.
Posted By: tiny

Re: Cabela's KingKat tourney 5-17-08 TAWAKONI.. - 05/10/08 11:36 PM

I'm going to donate
Posted By: jmounger

Re: Cabela's KingKat tourney 5-17-08 TAWAKONI.. - 05/11/08 02:11 PM

Micky and Steve will have to settle for 2nd, Clark and I will be fishing this one.

Re: Cabela's KingKat tourney 5-17-08 TAWAKONI.. - 05/11/08 03:56 PM

Originally Posted By: jmounger
Micky and Steve will have to settle for 2nd, Clark and I will be fishing this one.

rolfmao

good luck Jered , is Brent fishing his one?

Re: Cabela's KingKat tourney 5-17-08 TAWAKONI.. - 05/11/08 09:33 PM

Hey it isn't that funny, they can be beaten, just got to think positive going into it. Brent said he would fish if his boat was out of the shop.

Besides, that cold weather fishing is over, makes the playing field a little more equal.

Re: Cabela's KingKat tourney 5-17-08 TAWAKONI.. - 05/11/08 10:05 PM

Jered,
Guess I haven't been thinking positive enough to beat Petree & Nelson. This should be a nice change for you & Brent - let someone else do all the tournament work. Hope you guys do good.

Is the North Texas Trophy Cats Group having a get together the night before?
Posted By: Capt. Michael Littlejohn

Re: Cabela's KingKat tourney 5-17-08 TAWAKONI.. - 05/11/08 11:23 PM

Looks like Joey and I will get to fish this together.

Our goal is just to catch 5 fish... laugh fish
Posted By: Simpson

Re: Cabela's KingKat tourney 5-17-08 TAWAKONI.. - 05/12/08 09:33 AM

i am not aware of a north texas trophy cats gathering for this one. just gonna be a show up and fish tourney. ed and I will be out Friday looking for some fish. Jered, I will call you that day. should be a fun tourney. weights will be down from Feb tourney, but maybe some big fish will still be found.

Re: Cabela's KingKat tourney 5-17-08 TAWAKONI.. - 05/12/08 10:02 AM

Yeah, no gathering that I know of.

Sounds good Joe, I will give you a call either tuesday or wednesday also.

Good luck to everyone.
Posted By: Chase ™

Re: Cabela's KingKat tourney 5-17-08 TAWAKONI.. - 05/12/08 05:56 PM

Now that my boat is finally here I gotta see if Brent wants to fish the tourny. What say ye Brent?!
Posted By: elpolloloco

Re: Cabela's KingKat tourney 5-17-08 TAWAKONI.. - 05/12/08 08:44 PM

HOLY COW!!!! You're boat is finally here!!! Better get some hours on the motor if you want to fish TWOK in it or you'll be putting around everywhere you go tournament day.
Posted By: Chase ™

Re: Cabela's KingKat tourney 5-17-08 TAWAKONI.. - 05/12/08 11:01 PM

Hope to start breaking it in tomorrow. Brent was up there helping get it ready today.
Posted By: Capt. Michael Littlejohn

Re: Cabela's KingKat tourney 5-17-08 TAWAKONI.. - 05/14/08 02:27 PM

Just so you guys know, I just called in and pre-registered (paid my dues) and she said I was "Boat #9" which means there is not alot of people fishing the tournament or like she said..."we are anticipating on several boats registering Friday night."

See you guys there!
Posted By: kodys'papa

Re: Cabela's KingKat tourney 5-17-08 TAWAKONI.. - 05/14/08 03:48 PM

looking forward to meeting some of you guys
looks like the weather will be great saturday

Re: Cabela's KingKat tourney 5-17-08 TAWAKONI.. - 05/16/08 10:48 AM

the folks who produce catfish america got here last night they are filming an episode about the tournament so maybe some of you will be tv stars

Posted By: SPILLERS

Re: Cabela's KingKat tourney 5-17-08 TAWAKONI.. - 05/16/08 01:16 PM

1. This is a team event. Team will consist of one or two persons with one exception. A third person may accompany the team provided the third person is under 16 years of age or over 65 years of age. Six (6) rod limit rule still applies.

2. In case of extreme water/weather conditions, Outdoor Promotions Inc. reserves the right to postpone or cancel this event with the return of entry fees by mail.

3. Sign up for qualifying events will be by phone or mail at least 15 days prior to tournament date to avoid $25.00 late fee. Late entries will be accepted between 5 PM and 7 PM on Friday evening prior to tournament at the host hotel or at the mandatory pre-tournament meeting at 5:30 AM tournament morning at the weigh-in site for daytime events, and at 5:30 PM for night events.

4. Boats will leave launch site, by land or water by boat number determined by order of pre-registration. Trailering will be allowed. Late registration will be allowed with a $25.00 late fee and boats will be released after all pre-registered teams.

5. Teams must compete from a boat and remain in the boat during competition. Fishing within 50 yards of a marina gas pump or within 50 yards of a competitor's boat, which was first anchored, is prohibited.

6. All fish weighed must be caught by rod and reel only. A maximun of 6 rods per boat may be used, except where state limit is set at a lesser number. No catfish may be taken from trot, jug, or limb lines.

7. Teams must comply with state fishing and boating regulations, including the use of PFDs and kill switches. Fishing and boating licenses are the responibility of team members.

8. Fishing hours for daytime events shall be 6:30 AM until 3:00 PM. All anglers must be in the weigh-in line by 4:00 PM. Fishing hours for night tournaments shall be 6:30 PM Friday until 8:00 AM Saturday and must be in the weigh-in line by 9:00 AM.

9. Any legal commercial or natural bait will be allowed. No fishing known chum holes. Fish must be a minimum of 15" in length to be weighed.

10. Blue Cat, Channel Cat, or Flathead Cat may be weighed. A team limit of 5 fish maximum must be alive to weigh in.

11. The use of mobile communication devices such as cellular phones, marine radios, etc. to communicate fishing information during tournament hours is prohibited.

12. In case of a tie for a qualifying team, a coin flip conducted by the tournament director will decide who qualifies for the Classic.

13. Any team having a member who fails or refuses to take a polygraph test or whose condition does not permit administration of a test because of contestant's use of alcohol or drugs will be disqualified and that team wll not be allowed to participate in any future Outdoor Promotions events.

14. Any protest must be made in writing to the tournament director within 30 minutes following the end of the official weigh-in. A protest must state the rule number(s) broken.

15. The use of alcoholic beverages is prohibited during any King Kat activities.

16. The use of or display of any tobacco products in weigh-in line, on stage or during awards ceremonies is prohibited.

17. Wanton unsportsmanlike conduct may be grounds for disqualification if circumstances require. Decision of Tournament Director will be final.

Release
At the request of Outdoor Promotions

Re: Cabela's KingKat tourney 5-17-08 TAWAKONI.. - 05/17/08 08:29 AM

they just took off from the park- hope it turns out well
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum