Texas Fishing Forum

Need info

Posted By: Lost Fisher

Need info - 04/16/08 11:17 AM

I'm looking at moving to the Lewisville area and would like info on the fishing. If everything goes right I sould be up there in May for my interview and if possible wet a line. Thank you for any info.
Posted By: Michial Thompson

Re: Need info - 04/16/08 11:47 AM

Lake Lewisville is probably one of the best lakes to fish in the Metroplex. It has a reputation for being dangerous during the summer with all the recreational boaters though.

My experience on LL was JUST last summer, and there was very little problems with other boaters that I experienced myself. Only saw a few cases where inconsiderate boaters were an issue.

With that said, a good portion of the summer most of the ramps on the lake were closed due to flooding. Until something like July 4th or so only one ramp was open on the entire lake so I am sure that played a part in the lake being what it was.

Other than LL, there are a dozen other lakes that are good in the area as well. From Lewisville your about an hour maybe a tad less from Lake Texoma which in my opinion is the best lake short of the Ozarks.
Posted By: Catfishd

Re: Need info - 04/16/08 02:18 PM

popcorn
Posted By: BAMAboy

Re: Need info - 04/16/08 02:35 PM

Lewisville,Ray Hubbard for whites/hybrids/kittys, Texoma,Tawakoni for stripers/kittys, Grapevine, Eagle Mountain, Joe Pool, Benbrook, Ray Roberts for whites and kittys. Great area for fishing. Crappie in about all.
Posted By: CatfishMike

Re: Need info - 04/16/08 10:19 PM

Bambaboy, have you ever fished for cats much at Joe Pool. Was thinking about heading there and checking the area south of the bridge in the trees for some cats. It is the closest lake to me.
Posted By: BAMAboy

Re: Need info - 04/16/08 11:35 PM

Catfishmike,
I've never really fished for kittys on pool but the flooded timber by the bridge looks like it would have some in there. I've only fished for LMB on Pool a couple of times, I would like to try my luck for whites there sometime.
Posted By: CatfishMike

Re: Need info - 04/16/08 11:38 PM

ok, I don't have a clue as to what to use for whites. But would think there would be some nice big cats in the tree area. Doubt it that there will be many blues as they never stocked it with blues or shad. But who knows.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum