Texas Fishing Forum

Sure-Shot vs DK

Posted By: Hook-M-Up

Sure-Shot vs DK - 04/03/08 10:34 AM

Anyone here ever use sure-shot punch bait? How is it compared to the old DK? Since the change in DK I haven't caught a thing on it, so I was looking for something new/different.
Posted By: Trebor Neil

Re: Sure-Shot vs DK - 04/03/08 11:17 AM

MY experiance:

DK (Old only) Channels

Sure Shot: Blues

My ratio is about 8 to one for Sure Shot over DK's

Remember, MY EXPERIANCE ONLY!!!!!!!
Posted By: Michael Ryno

Re: Sure-Shot vs DK - 04/03/08 11:19 AM

Hooker is the sure shot Pro, if anyone would know he would.
Posted By: dartman

Re: Sure-Shot vs DK - 04/03/08 03:07 PM

Sure Shot will catch more blues.
Posted By: Catfishd

Re: Sure-Shot vs DK - 04/03/08 04:10 PM

Neither use fresh shad smile
Posted By: David Lee

Re: Sure-Shot vs DK - 04/03/08 04:18 PM

I prefer Sure Shot.
Posted By: Bhunt

Re: Sure-Shot vs DK - 04/03/08 04:20 PM

I would have to strongly agree with catfishd fresh shad. All cats eat shad.
Posted By: MeatWad

Re: Sure-Shot vs DK - 04/03/08 09:04 PM

What did DK change in their punch bait?
Posted By: Jimbo

Re: Sure-Shot vs DK - 04/03/08 11:16 PM

Originally Posted By: RedLoweİ
What did DK change in their punch bait?

Doesn't have the strong smell anymore and it's like slightly damp cotton the best way I can describe it.

Doesn't work as well as it once did!

I won't be buying any more.

Rather spend my money on a proven product that someone cares enough to produce, and not change, and cares enough to keep their customers, instead of cut corners and not care if the customer likes it or not!
Posted By: 2fish

Re: Sure-Shot vs DK - 04/04/08 12:49 AM

Sure Shot, hands down. Lots more shad in it and I catch both blues and channels on it.
Posted By: rickt300

Re: Sure-Shot vs DK - 04/04/08 12:54 AM

Actually Sure Shot is what got me to making my own punch bait. I have used both DK and Sure Shot with SS beating out DK most of the time. I am sure out of the loop on how DK is made But Benny is the one who gave me the plan on how to make good punch bait. You have to do it some to find out how much work there is to making good punch bait. As to Benny's shad not bein fresh, no it ain't raw shad as that would just spoil and make a stinkin mess, but it is cured and never frozen shad. There is a science to putting several organic ingredients together and getting some shelf life without the rotted stinking mess some people think is punch bait.
Posted By: txtac

Re: Sure-Shot vs DK - 04/04/08 05:33 PM

Where do you find sure shot at?
Posted By: bjfowle

Re: Sure-Shot vs DK - 04/04/08 06:05 PM

http://www.catfishbait.net/
Posted By: drakechaser

Re: Sure-Shot vs DK - 04/04/08 11:09 PM

Benny lives in Decatur last I heard. I used to buy it at his house when I still fished punchbait. That stuff works good, but I prefer catching my bait now. Only fresh shad and perch for me now. Check out his website in the last post to find out how to contact him if you are interested in driving there to pick some up. He is a nice guy to visit with also.
Posted By: SALLYSUE

Re: Sure-Shot vs DK - 04/04/08 11:31 PM

Sure shot
Posted By: Kat-man-do

Re: Sure-Shot vs DK - 04/05/08 07:31 AM

I'm about to place an order with Benny. I haven't bought any bait from him in a couple of years at least, because I still had some from the last few gallons I bought, and I have been using mostly shad for catfish. I do use punchbait under birds or around shallow timber however, and it works great. Good way to put several eating size channel cats in the boat quickly.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum