Texas Fishing Forum

In the beginning there is a first time PB!

Posted By: Catfish Tim

In the beginning there is a first time PB! - 11/26/22 09:18 PM

What a beautiful rain we've been blessed with the last couple days... Lavon is coming up well. We are about 4.3 feet low and by tomorrow morning, I think we will be less than 4 feet low. We just got back from the lake and the rain is starting up again! I sat here this morning wishing I was fishing but it was a steady hard rain and Wyatt has had the RSV that everything is turning into so I didn't want to push it. But... after the rain stopped around 11:00 I gathered up all the kids and headed to the marina. My thought was to snag a little bait and head back behind the marina where the creek was running and dumping lots of fresh water and nutrients into the lake. Well, when we got there the shad were in the marina which I thought was a good sign. They were there because of the fresh water running in. It wouldn't take long to see if my theory was correct. The cats had followed the baitfish up shallow and the action was fast! We boated a nice mess of big box fish. 7 to 8 pounders. One was a big old channel cat too. But, the best thing that happened today was a new PB... Sawyer, at 2 years and 9 months got herself a legit catch. I stood her up on a cooler so she could reach the reel and she brought that blue up to the boat. Her current PB is 5 pounds! I don't think that's gonna stand long. She loved it and I am one proud Poppy!
Posted By: rebait

Re: In the beginning there is a first time PB! - 11/26/22 10:11 PM

Don't get no better than that.
Posted By: Bluecat Bob

Re: In the beginning there is a first time PB! - 11/27/22 12:31 AM

Originally Posted by rebait

Wot he said.

banana

Re: In the beginning there is a first time PB! - 11/28/22 12:45 PM

Y'all the lake is up to 488.43! Only 3.6 feet low!
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: In the beginning there is a first time PB! - 11/28/22 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by rebait

Also a "Lifetime Memory"! thumb
Posted By: Rowdy

Re: In the beginning there is a first time PB! - 11/28/22 02:52 PM

You guys have had some really nice rain there in and around the area. That fish she cranked up ought to just about ice everything you and the boys have not already too. You are very blessed beyond words CT, but I bet your hands are going to be so busy now, you just thought work gets in the way lol, how you going to tell her your just to tired lol
Posted By: KEGracing

Re: In the beginning there is a first time PB! - 11/28/22 07:01 PM

You are a good man Tim... those kids don't know how special they have it. And its good for you too... keeps you young and busy! LOL

Rain is a good thing... CC is up over a foot in last 3 days. Need about 6" more and I can get the boat out I think. Maybe more coming this weekend.

Ken

Re: In the beginning there is a first time PB! - 11/29/22 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by KEGracing
You are a good man Tim... those kids don't know how special they have it. And its good for you too... keeps you young and busy! LOL

Rain is a good thing... CC is up over a foot in last 3 days. Need about 6" more and I can get the boat out I think. Maybe more coming this weekend.

Ken

Thanks Ken! Glad to hear CC is coming up too. Hope we do get some more rain. We are up to 3.4' low this morning. Really nice to see this. At 6.5 feet low at the end of October, I was starting to worry...
Posted By: skeetmaster

Re: In the beginning there is a first time PB! - 11/30/22 01:52 AM

Man, I've been so busy I haven't been able to check in here and keep up with everyone!

Tim, I love your posts when you take the grands! It makes me long for the time I get with mine. You're so blessed man! I'm always jealous...

Ken, so glad you're seeing light at the end of your parched tunnel! You're gonna be like a kid in a candy store when you finally get to drop your rig in the water!

Rowdy, your profile says that your in Lubbock so, if you are, you're no stranger to the drought!

And, to Rebait and BCB, I agree with you both!

Oh, and Banker, lifetime memories for sure! Tim's gonna have loads of those! Love seeing the littles that will one day be the ones posting pics and making their own memories.

Re: In the beginning there is a first time PB! - 11/30/22 11:35 AM

[Linked Image]

I didn't get any pics that day. As you can imagine being outnumbered 3 to 1 I was a little busy. But this sweetheart has her Poppy wrapped around her little finger...
Posted By: Rowdy

Re: In the beginning there is a first time PB! - 11/30/22 05:36 PM

CT,

For sure busy, and should be, just making sure everyone stays in the boat, 3 running around just having fun would be more than enough. You got to do that, it's all just fun to them and would not be aware of the things that can happen.

Guys we had a dry hard winter cold front blow through here yesterday right at dark. The wind is not blowing so much now, but man it sure turned cold again. I have been trying to finish my rod holder and make accommodations to be able to mount it on the starboard stern corner and yet be able to remove it when not needed. Not getting anywhere with that right now as it's just frigging cold outside lol... Maybe later.

I was looking at the long range forecast and it's showing you guys in the Eastside of the state have chances of more rain coming, that surely is a great blessing from God. Let's run over any and all lakes we can, our freshwater is one thing to many take for granted if you ask me...

All you guys stay warm today, I think tomorrow it's supposed to warm back up a little, typical Texas weather here with the big swings of changes from one extreme to the other lol...
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum