Texas Fishing Forum

Paying homage to cheese!

Posted By: littlewheel

Paying homage to cheese! - 10/21/22 04:54 PM

Since I am fortunate enough to part of an amazing Cheesebait company , I figured it was only right to visit the Cheese State! Actually I am up this way with my wife for a business trip. I did get to fish for micro mouth ditch pickles with a buddy while I am here. [Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Skeeter Temp

Re: Paying homage to cheese! - 10/21/22 04:57 PM

Awesome brother have a blessed time bud!

Re: Paying homage to cheese! - 10/21/22 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by Skeeter Temp
Awesome brother have a blessed time bud!

Thanks brother ! Having a good time. Gotta do something til the lake comes up.
Posted By: Rowdy

Re: Paying homage to cheese! - 10/21/22 06:47 PM

They have some really nice smallies up there. I worked there in Racine for a year and they just have cold water I had to get use to lol. But there is lots of fishing you can do there, lots of which we don't have here... Have a great time up that way...
Posted By: Catfish Tim

Re: Paying homage to cheese! - 10/21/22 07:47 PM

Behind the Cheddar Curtain. Better not stay too long, you'll freeze your ditch pickles off!

Re: Paying homage to cheese! - 10/21/22 08:52 PM

Originally Posted by Catfish Tim
Behind the Cheddar Curtain. Better not stay too long, you'll freeze your ditch pickles off!

Cheese curds! It was actually 77 degrees today
Posted By: Skeeter Temp

Re: Paying homage to cheese! - 10/22/22 01:03 AM

Originally Posted by Catfish Tim

roflmao
Posted By: Bluecat Bob

Re: Paying homage to cheese! - 10/22/22 01:52 AM

Fake news!

No coat on and no rain...

eek2

flush

Re: Paying homage to cheese! - 10/22/22 01:55 AM

Originally Posted by Bluecat Bob
Fake news!

No coat on and no rain...

eek2

flush

77 today . Low 60’s yesterday! Was in the high 20’s Wednesday morning though.
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Paying homage to cheese! - 10/22/22 03:37 AM

thumb
Posted By: pop r

Re: Paying homage to cheese! - 10/22/22 06:29 PM

thumb
Posted By: Drycreek3189

Re: Paying homage to cheese! - 10/23/22 12:56 AM

I’ve always wanted to fish for smallmouth bass, just not in Wisconsin. roflmao When I was a kid on the dairy we had some Holstein cows that were from Wisconsin, suckers gave ten gallons of milk each day, five in the morning and five in the evening. Unbelievable, but true !

Re: Paying homage to cheese! - 10/23/22 01:14 AM

Actually caught the fish in Illinois on the Kankakee River.
Posted By: skeetmaster

Re: Paying homage to cheese! - 10/23/22 10:42 AM

Growing up I had friends from Minnesota that had stories of catching smallies, pike and muskies but I took them to Baylor Lake in Childress during it's heydey and they got totally hooked on largemouth bass. We had days that we would catch 50 to 60 fish with multiple 5-9 pounders. They got spoiled and didn't realize that was a fluke. During the summer months there, the bass would hold in pockets of hydrilla just under the surface and smash dragonflies during the heat of the day. We caught most of our fish on Tiny Torpedoes. I only wish I had been into catfishing then. A fifty pound blue would've made their heads spin!

Shannon, we know real reason you're there is to get your masters degree in Cheeseology! We know that's the ivy league state for your field of knowledge LOL!

roflmao

Re: Paying homage to cheese! - 10/23/22 12:45 PM

LOL! I was picking up my cheddar hat! I have my masters degree, going for doctorate
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum