Texas Fishing Forum

Fall is on the way... Like a freight train!

Posted By: Catfish Tim

Fall is on the way... Like a freight train! - 10/13/22 09:53 AM

Well, if the weatherman is right, and that's a big if. We will get some much needed rain Saturday night and Sunday and the temps early next week have highs in the 60s and lows in the 40s! If you're like me, this is a forecast to get excited about!

Saturday Mostly sunny, with a high near 90. South southwest wind around 15 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph.
Saturday Night A 50 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 64. South wind 5 to 10 mph becoming east southeast after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 20 mph.
Sunday Showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm. Cloudy, with a high near 76. East wind 5 to 10 mph becoming north northeast in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 20 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%.
Sunday Night A 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms, mainly before 1am. Cloudy, with a low around 56. North northeast wind 10 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph.
Monday A 20 percent chance of showers before 1pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 69. Northeast wind 10 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph.
Monday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 47.
Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 66.
Tuesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 45.
Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 68.

Y'all keep your fingers crossed!
Posted By: littlewheel

Re: Fall is on the way... Like a freight train! - 10/13/22 12:27 PM

I need it to rain badly!
Posted By: Fishin' Nut

Re: Fall is on the way... Like a freight train! - 10/13/22 01:04 PM

Our first frost is predicted next week. Saturday looks to be a perfect day to hunt catfish. Water temp is at 70.
Posted By: KEGracing

Re: Fall is on the way... Like a freight train! - 10/13/22 02:06 PM

We all need rain for sure!

Tim, hope the forecast is right! Some fresh cooler water and some north wind... drop the water temps a few degrees. Dinner bells ringing!

Ken
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Fall is on the way... Like a freight train! - 10/15/22 04:55 PM

thumb
Posted By: jippedgenes

Re: Fall is on the way... Like a freight train! - 10/16/22 01:14 PM

So I am pretty new to catfishing. A big front like this will turn bass off for several days. Say a fella went out on this rainy cool day today and tried catfishing? Just trying to learn, thanks
Posted By: Catfish Tim

Re: Fall is on the way... Like a freight train! - 10/17/22 10:11 AM

Boy, if I could have been out there I would have been. I would have started looking where the fresh water was coming into the lake from the creeks. We actually didn't get very much rain. The lake didn't come up at all. Still 6.44 feet low as of 12:00 AM today. I think the cool down this week is a big factor too. I am gonna try and get out one day this week as the water gets cooler. Might try for Wednesday if work allows...
Posted By: Skeeter Temp

Re: Fall is on the way... Like a freight train! - 10/17/22 03:02 PM

We got a few hours of lite rain but nothing like we would of liked. Cooler temps coming tho... chance for frost Wednesday.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum