Texas Fishing Forum

Lavon bank fishing for cats

Posted By: TexInn

Lavon bank fishing for cats - 09/29/22 02:39 AM

I want to try my hand at catfishing. I just came into a good rig to winch in a big catfish. Tell me where to go please. I just want to cast out sit in my chair and listen to a podcast or read a book and crank in a couple cats for the skillet. Thanks for any tips, locations, advice on rig, bait, ect... I'll be doing my homework in the meantime.
Posted By: JJ4MEL

Re: Lavon bank fishing for cats - 09/29/22 07:04 PM

There are a few bank spots along 380 you can try. If you have a cast net and get you some shad, that would be your ideal bait. If not, take a tub of worms and go to a local pond or something and get you a mess of bluegill. Cut bluegill or fresh shad will be ideal baits for ya. Below are a few spots I have had luck from the banks. I normally can catch all my bait at the boat ramp or just next to it.

[Linked Image]

Re: Lavon bank fishing for cats - 10/02/22 01:52 AM

Thank you. I will be giving it a shot in next few days.

Re: Lavon bank fishing for cats - 10/02/22 02:35 AM

Thank you. I will be giving it a shot in next few days.
Posted By: Mckinneycrappiecatcher

Re: Lavon bank fishing for cats - 10/03/22 08:19 AM

When you say “big” are you looking for a 3-5 lber or are you looking for a 50+lb monster? If the previous you want some cut Shad or some nightcrawlers like mentioned before and fish around some wind blown points. If you’re looking for a true giant like a big blue or flathead your best bet this time of year is to get some live sunfish or bullheads and fish around structure.

Re: Lavon bank fishing for cats - 10/06/22 02:03 PM

Okay. Thanks for the distinction on "big". I want to target the 3 to 5 pounders I figure they are
best for eating and I prefer the channel, blues.. not so much the muds. And I'll ha e to figure out how to aquire the shiners or sunfish/bream for bait. Are bullhead = bream?
Posted By: Skeeter Temp

Re: Lavon bank fishing for cats - 10/06/22 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by TexInn
Okay. Thanks for the distinction on "big". I want to target the 3 to 5 pounders I figure they are
best for eating and I prefer the channel, blues.. not so much the muds. And I'll ha e to figure out how to aquire the shiners or sunfish/bream for bait. Are bullhead = bream?

No Bullhead are are the Muds I believe.... Bream= sunfish
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum