Texas Fishing Forum

Maybe an option for you cut bait guys

Posted By: littlewheel

Maybe an option for you cut bait guys - 09/17/22 11:46 PM

I don’t know who does or doesn’t know about an Ulu. These things are awesome around the kitchen and I could only imagine they would be awesome for cutting bait. I know , I’m a dough bait guy, but just thought this may be another tool for you guys to add to your arsenal. [Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Plus it has a beer bottle opener !
Posted By: Catfish Tim

Re: Maybe an option for you cut bait guys - 09/18/22 10:43 AM

I like that! I think I might have to get one. When you are trying to hold a bait still with one slimy wet hand and sawing on it with the knife, accidents happen. (and they have). Thanks for the share!

Re: Maybe an option for you cut bait guys - 09/18/22 12:50 PM

No problem Tim. I have one I use at the house. I just felt that it would benefit someone. If you do any cooking, buy two of them. They are excellent for cutting /slicing vegetables.
Posted By: Rowdy

Re: Maybe an option for you cut bait guys - 09/18/22 05:38 PM

The Ulu's are a big time thing up in Alaska. They use them for everything there. This is a good looking one
Posted By: V-Bottom

Re: Maybe an option for you cut bait guys - 09/18/22 07:56 PM

That design is used in Alaska to skin big game.
Posted By: Bluecat Bob

Re: Maybe an option for you cut bait guys - 09/18/22 09:16 PM

Me likey!!

Looks like just the thing for shad.

Re: Maybe an option for you cut bait guys - 09/18/22 10:43 PM

Stubby brought me one back from Alaska a couple years ago. I use it often when cooking. It’s great
Posted By: Rowdy

Re: Maybe an option for you cut bait guys - 09/19/22 05:13 AM

My mother has one from Alaska also man, stag handle would also set one off. Not so sure it would be better than one with that rubber grip though for in the boat. They certainly take up less room on your cut board though. That's a big plus

Edit: I do love to make some stuff of my own, white the exception of that handle, that blade does keep calling on me lol. I do have a sickness here and should probably be taking drugs for that lol. I already have more than enough projects for my bassboat with a ladder, since no body makes one to fit it that I really like, only reason I am putting one on is the safety issue. A rod holder boom or as some call them rocket launchers lol. I have already bought the stainless for the ladder fitment to my TR-21 and the 1and 1/2" pipe for the boom. It's just been to hot this summer for this aging fat guy to get out and create those larger projects...
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum