Texas Fishing Forum

Fathers Day with My Baby Girl

Posted By: Catfish Tim

Fathers Day with My Baby Girl - 06/20/22 11:52 AM

Y'all I hope you had as much fun yesterday as I did...

My youngest and I don't get to fish as much anymore. She is an accomplished sonographer at Parkland specializing in high risk OB patients. Very proud of her. But I told her for Fathers Day I wanted to go fishing with her. She said "deal". So yesterday morning off we went in the dark. Got out there after the trouble we had catching bait Friday night I took a piece of advice from BCB and went looking for bait deep by the dam. Yatzee! one throw in 30 feet of water netted about 20 good size gizzards. I had some bait left from Friday night so off we went to fish.

Started pulling boards on a creek channel in 35 feet. No Bueno. Moved to another area shallower (25 feet and less). Got bit right off the bat. Got a couple good box fish and one 14 pounds. Moved again and went way north, bite was slow but got a couple more before the heat and the traffic drove us off the lake about noon. Great morning...

I know the conventional wisdom is the night bite is better in the heat of summer (even though it's still spring), but I have always had better luck with the morning bite. Maybe I'm just partial to the sunrise I don't know. Still easy enough to beat the heat if you get out there early.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Shoutout to the boathouse. The floating restaurant at Collin Park Marina. We came off the water hot and hangry! We got a cold drink and some good food before we headed home. They are doing a great job there and the place was hoppin busy. Happy to see that for them...

[Linked Image]

Posted By: Tommar

Re: Fathers Day with My Baby Girl - 06/20/22 03:12 PM

Sounds like a great day to me!
Posted By: Bluecat Bob

Re: Fathers Day with My Baby Girl - 06/20/22 05:00 PM

Yay, you hit 'em!

clap

Great pic of the sunrise.

Super cool that you got to spend Fathers Day with your daughter, and even better you both got fish!

fish
Posted By: littlewheel

Re: Fathers Day with My Baby Girl - 06/20/22 05:14 PM

Awesome!
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Fathers Day with My Baby Girl - 06/20/22 05:41 PM

It just don't get any better! Awesome post. thumb
Posted By: skeetmaster

Re: Fathers Day with My Baby Girl - 06/21/22 11:24 AM

Wow, that sunrise! I have to agree with you Tim, I like the morning bite. The timing is usually just about right. When you start to get a little too hot and the wake jockeys start hitting the water, it's time to call it quits. When I get the chance, I want to end our morning drift session at the Boathouse. That Shiner made my mouth water!

Congrats on your day with your daughter. I'm sure with her schedule it was extra special for the both of you. Add another memory for your personal history book!

cheers

Re: Fathers Day with My Baby Girl - 06/21/22 12:15 PM

Geno, I think I got the boat dialed in. You're gonna have to get up awful early but it will be worth it. We need to set a day for you to come over! Get out early so we can beat the heat.
Posted By: iFloat

Re: Fathers Day with My Baby Girl - 06/21/22 12:25 PM

Awesome post. Thanks for sharing.

I couldn't find shad Saturday so we just swam and tubed. My last throw on a good looking school of fish ended up getting me 15 small chanel cats.. 30 minutes later I was bleeding and frustrated so we went swimming instead. 😜

Re: Fathers Day with My Baby Girl - 06/21/22 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by iFloat
Awesome post. Thanks for sharing.

I couldn't find shad Saturday so we just swam and tubed. My last throw on a good looking school of fish ended up getting me 15 small chanel cats.. 30 minutes later I was bleeding and frustrated so we went swimming instead. 😜

15! Oh no! If you got that many out in a half hour, you did good.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum