Texas Fishing Forum

12 degrees in one week

Posted By: z289sec

12 degrees in one week - 05/14/22 09:12 PM

My home lake ( Lake Worth ) was 68.6 when we got on it last Friday. When I got off of it today it was 81.8 degrees.

That's a dramatic change in a week. So much for the Spring action.
Posted By: skeetmaster

Re: 12 degrees in one week - 05/15/22 09:43 AM

Man I noticed the same on Grapevine. I thought I was loosing my mind for minute. That's a big change in a short time. Gonna be night fishing pretty soon!
Posted By: Bluecat Bob

Re: 12 degrees in one week - 05/15/22 06:09 PM

You are right on, David. I fished Lavon with Catfish Tim yesterday, and was shocked to see the water temp in the main lake shoot up to 74F!!!

We spotted fish in a few places but only managed to catch a few female dinks and oh man it got HOT!! Thank goodness Tim has a Bimini top but it was still brutal.

To add we found it tough getting bait again, but Tim did his magic as usual. Normally the marina is the usual place but we spotted a whole load of gar have moved in under the lights in the dark, so at least we know why we have struggled in there.

Skeetmaster had some great tips last week (thanks bud). Try throwing at daybreak and try up against the bank as the Shad are spawning. Yes and yes!
Posted By: KEGracing

Re: 12 degrees in one week - 05/15/22 10:09 PM

So much for our two weeks of spring... I think they got BLOWN away with the wind...

Ken
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum