Texas Fishing Forum

Pool noodle on fishing basket

Posted By: catdub

Pool noodle on fishing basket - 05/08/22 12:53 AM

Im pretty sure most of yall know about this but for those who do this will make you're fishing basket float [Linked Image]
]
Posted By: Grainraiser

Re: Pool noodle on fishing basket - 05/08/22 02:22 AM

I just bought a fish basket from Academy because they sell the largest one I could fine. The first thing I did was add a pool noodle to make it float.
Posted By: KEGracing

Re: Pool noodle on fishing basket - 05/08/22 06:17 PM

I will also put a small piece of foam or noodle inside the basket on under side of the top lid. Keeps lid closed when spring gets worn. Smart fish nose around and get out... I also put some wire ties on the bottom of the basket - dont use that dump feature.

Just my way of doing it. Use the basket more for crappie at my dock than anything. If I am in the boat, I just put them in a cooler on ice.

Tight lines all.

Ken
Posted By: Nickbyrd

Re: Pool noodle on fishing basket - 05/09/22 11:42 AM

Old dog kennel works pretty good if that basket isn’t big enough . Submerge it in the shallows a few inches under the water on the banks with the door right side up . It’s good for when your fishing long hours (days) and it’s concealed from thieves . It’s my go too when I fish a couple days trotlining . I go do a couple runs and take my haul back to cage dump and repeat .
Posted By: taterpop

Re: Pool noodle on fishing basket - 05/10/22 11:44 AM

Nice you can float it right with your Jugs. With this heatwave we've got coming it would sure save on Ice.
Posted By: Jimbo

Re: Pool noodle on fishing basket - 05/10/22 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by Nickbyrd
Old dog kennel works pretty good if that basket isn’t big enough . Submerge it in the shallows a few inches under the water on the banks with the door right side up . It’s good for when your fishing long hours (days) and it’s concealed from thieves . It’s my go too when I fish a couple days trotlining . I go do a couple runs and take my haul back to cage dump and repeat .

thumb
Posted By: Champion 221 Elite

Re: Pool noodle on fishing basket - 05/17/22 02:58 AM

Small Tire Tube (inner tube)works GREAT also!
Posted By: gar1970

Re: Pool noodle on fishing basket - 05/17/22 04:15 PM

I just get the ones with the floating lids[Linked Image]
Posted By: JIM SR.

Re: Pool noodle on fishing basket - 05/17/22 06:10 PM

snakes love baskets of fish,...just saying. bolt
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum