Texas Fishing Forum

Good Start to the Week on Cedar Creek

Posted By: Laner

Good Start to the Week on Cedar Creek - 05/02/22 06:17 PM

“Hey man, I had some folks just reschedule on me, and I don’t have another day open until June. We still need to stock up for that fish fry, and I figured you might want to help out.”

“What are you thinking?”

“I was thinking blues under bobbers. You and I haven’t gotten to do that in awhile, and we can always go chase crappie if they slow down.”

“I’m in.”

Got back on land at 10am with 32 cats and a hybrid. All fish were caught at about a size 13 foot deep.

Rod: 7ft Okuma Shadow Stalker
Reel: Pflueger President
Main Line: 20lb Berkley Big Game
Leader: 30lb Berkley Big Game
Hooks: snelled 4/0 Octopus hook

We had weighted cigar floats above 1/8 ounce egg sinkers, glass beads and a number 5 barrel swivel. I like that little extra rattle for attention.

www.dfwoutdoors.com

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Posted By: KEGracing

Re: Good Start to the Week on Cedar Creek - 05/03/22 09:06 PM

Nice work Laner!

Ken
Posted By: Slick Rick ‘06

Re: Good Start to the Week on Cedar Creek - 05/07/22 12:39 PM

Thanks laner. This is the rig Injust asked about on the post about Shallow Bite. Nice work and would love to fry up some blues for my guys at the shop.
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Good Start to the Week on Cedar Creek - 05/07/22 08:28 PM

Solid post and solid fish. Good job. thumb
Posted By: Bluecat Bob

Re: Good Start to the Week on Cedar Creek - 05/07/22 10:23 PM

Good job, man.
Posted By: skeetmaster

Re: Good Start to the Week on Cedar Creek - 05/07/22 11:17 PM

Lane, you guys know how to put fish in the boat! Great job. Love that rig. It's my goto when the cats are shallow. Fun times. I'm gonna have to book a day with you. My wife loves cats under a bobber.
Posted By: pop r

Re: Good Start to the Week on Cedar Creek - 05/08/22 02:05 PM

Nicely done Lane! thumb
Posted By: Laner

Re: Good Start to the Week on Cedar Creek - 05/09/22 02:08 AM

Thanks for all the support guys! I don’t know that there’s anything more fun in the world of catfishing than the thrill of having success up shallow. Well, hold on…hearing a bait clicker start to sound off when you’re sitting next to a Coleman lantern is pretty good too.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum