Texas Fishing Forum

Last couple days Lavon

Posted By: iFloat

Last couple days Lavon - 04/17/22 01:28 PM

Friday morning got out found bait easy. Was a hard south wind. Start 10-15 finished up 30.

I found a school of white bass around 9am, so I stopped and caught some supper, had plenty after 30 minutes.

Went north up in to Elm creek, found a quiet creek mouth with the south wind blowing into it. I fan casted out into 3' - 7' of water. In about an hour had 12 or so eater sized cats up to 10lb, all caught and released.

Saturday afternoon got out around 3pm. A cold front had come in, wind shifted north and was blowing hard 20mph the whole time on the water. Much more difficult to find bait, but 20ft was a magic depth it seemed.

Scanned for the white bass, couldn't find. Went back into Elm creek, moved several spots couldn't get a hookup. Lots of small stuff messing with baits, but no cats in the boat.

On way back around 7pm looked for whites again. Found a ton of action on the graph.. didn't know what it was, maybe shad or whites? but they weren't bitin. Dropped the cast net on top of em... Up came about 25 yellow bass, half a dozen fiddler cats, 1 white bass, and a crappie.

After we cleaned out that mess we headed to the house. Try again Monday.
Posted By: Ledeez

Re: Last couple days Lavon - 04/17/22 01:50 PM

Yep wind changed up the game immediately the point I was fishing!
Posted By: Catfish Tim

Re: Last couple days Lavon - 04/17/22 04:01 PM

Same... It was like a light switch...
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum