Texas Fishing Forum

Thanks Everybody!

Posted By: 🍀El Gato Azul🍀

Thanks Everybody! - 04/04/22 02:31 AM

Azul’s Catfish Get-Together was huge success. Thank you so much everyone who helped make this such a great day. It was all hands on deck and I really appreciate all the hard work everyone did to help make this a fun event. Great bunch of guys and gals today a glad to have y’all as my friends. The fishing was tough but we didn’t let that get in the way of a good time. Congratulations to Luna Goytia for winning the guide trip. Congratulations to Paxton Fox for winning the small fish award and a Mad Katz Rod. Congratulations to Charles Bender for taking home the Big Fish trophies and 2 Mad Katz Rods! Little Charles got him a new PB and crowned this years Big Fish champ! Thank you Dak Poston for donating the Guide Trip and thank you Mad Katz for donating the rods and all the gear. Even bigger thanks to all my friends that donated their time, money, and effort to make this thing a huge success. Couldn’t have done it without all y’all’s help. Looking foreword to the next one!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: RDZ

Re: Thanks Everybody! - 04/04/22 03:42 AM

Looks like everyone had a great time, wore themselves out.
Posted By: ggoytia

Re: Thanks Everybody! - 04/04/22 04:26 AM

Chris,
Thanks for putting this on for all of us. Also the kids had a blast.
Met some great people today.

Gus and Luna.
Posted By: Bluecat Bob

Re: Thanks Everybody! - 04/04/22 11:07 AM

Thanks so much to Chris, El Gato, for putting this thing together. I had a great time and got home around 6pm after returning Donny's boat back home. I was tucked up in bed at 7pm completely exhausted - haha!

The weather cooperated this year, a beautiful spring day and the temp got up into the 80's in the afternoon.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Fishing was tough on this bright sunny day, but it was so nice on the lake any fish were a bonus. We caught a few, all dinks but good eaters.

A special shout out to Geno (Skeetmaster) who took on the food prep and worked tirelessly to ensure everything was in place and also everyone got fed.

[Linked Image]

Also special thanks to El Gato's better half, Alana, who prepped and bought all the fixings and plates etc. for the event. Everyone who attended was well fed with good fresh caught deep fried catfish - yum!

[Linked Image]

The kitchen crew worked their magic with no less than three deep fryers to put food on the table for everyone:

Skeetmaster (Geno)
KEGRacing (Ken)
Gophish (Donny)
z289sec (David)
and yours truly

You guys worked hard but had a lot of fun.

A short movie of the cooks doing their magic! (L to R David, Ken, and Geno, with Donny in the background).
https://maddbrit.smugmug.com/Family/Retirement-in-Allen/i-RZZ5xkB/A

A very good day.

[Linked Image]

Thanks so much for the whisky Ken, you rock.

Re: Thanks Everybody! - 04/04/22 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by ggoytia
Chris,
Thanks for putting this on for all of us. Also the kids had a blast.
Met some great people today.

Gus and Luna.

Really nice to meet you. Your daughter Luna is such a cutie pie!
Posted By: skeetmaster

Re: Thanks Everybody! - 04/04/22 11:44 AM

Chris, great day, great time! Really enjoyed it all. My wife said "the catfish community is just a different breed of people. Everyone was so nice and respectful. I didn't see or hear any negativity from anybody." For me, that spells success!

Thank you for putting this on. Thanks to everyone that had a hand in making yesterday happen. I can't even name all the people that helped me out.

Even though the fishing was a little tough, we definitely had more than enough for everyone in attendance. Can't wait for the next one!

popcorn2

Re: Thanks Everybody! - 04/04/22 11:52 AM

Oh, and Blue Cat Bob, great job with the camera! The picture of the plate of food is so good that it made me hungry for it this morning lol! That's hard to believe after the amount of that food that I put away yesterday. Thanks again for your help too. You should've been in the pics and the video because you were a part of the kitchen crew as well! And the clean-up crew! They're the real heroes from yesterday! Thank you for staying to the very end! I was tuckered out when I got home as well!

flag
Posted By: cnthompson

Re: Thanks Everybody! - 04/04/22 12:49 PM

Chris
We had a blast can't wait to get back out there. Good food and better people all the way around.
See everyone soon. Thanks Again !!!

Chis Thompson (Santa)
Posted By: Blue Blazer 2400

Re: Thanks Everybody! - 04/04/22 01:00 PM

Awesome job Chris for another great tournament. Thanks to everyone that helped out.

We boated about a dozen eaters and 5 gar. Had a big takedown that pulled off an entire hand size perch. Too bad we would have hooked up to it. The kids had a great time and were exhausted by the time we left. Pax won a Mad Katz for smallest fish.

Geno I didn't realize that was you that took over cleaning fish after me. I was looking forward to meeting you and I didn't even introduce myself. Sorry bud.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Re: Thanks Everybody! - 04/04/22 01:08 PM

Fishing was tough and some got skunked.

David, z289sec, was a really good sport and raised his hand up to accept the skunk trophy.

[Linked Image]

You were a great sport, man.
Posted By: DEWAYNE BULLARD

Re: Thanks Everybody! - 04/04/22 01:32 PM

Looks like a great time . Awesome job everyone.

Re: Thanks Everybody! - 04/04/22 01:51 PM

You guys the cleaned and cooked the fish did an amazing job. We all greatly appreciate everyone’s hard work and effort. I enjoyed seeing all my friends and making some new ones as well. What a great group of folks and like-minded individuals. Also wanted to say thank you to my buddy Tommy for manning and grilling hotdogs for the kiddos. Really appreciate you! Great job by everyone!

Thanks for the Whisky Ken and thanks for the hats too buddy! Really cool.

We spun our prop with 2 hours left of fishing and luckily Matt Fox was there to save the day. We tied up to Matt and the boys on his boat jumped on ours and got to play for an hour while we cracked a beer and enjoyed the day. Took an hour to tow us back but that was fun too. Thanks Matt! I owe ya buddy👍

Best part of the whole day was watching all the kiddos playing together in the lake. They had a blast and I did too.

Tons of fun handing out all the tackle boxes, Stubby‘s cheese Bait, Mad katz Rods and Gear, tackle, and panfish kits to all the kiddos. Seeing the excitement on their faces was priceless. The first thing Jaxon did this morning was get his new tackle box out and start organizing all his gear. I can remember doing that exact same thing when I was his age and I loved seeing his excitement this morning. Thank you everybody for helping make my dream a reality and hopefully we can continue on each year and make this a tradition.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: KEGracing

Re: Thanks Everybody! - 04/04/22 02:04 PM

Thanks to everyone for a good time.

Especially want to thank Chris Thompson and his son Nick for having my son Nathan and I on his boat. We had a great time telling stories and trying to find fish. Looking forward to hooking up again soon.

Fishing was a little tough, but still a great day!

Cheers all.

Ken
Posted By: jippedgenes

Re: Thanks Everybody! - 04/04/22 09:04 PM

Glad all had a good safe time.
Posted By: z289sec

Re: Thanks Everybody! - 04/05/22 12:30 AM

Had a great time and met some new folks. Also saw some I hadn't seen since last year. Can't wait to do it again.
Posted By: Ed-n-eddy

Re: Thanks Everybody! - 04/05/22 02:00 AM

clap thumb
Posted By: SwampHunter

Re: Thanks Everybody! - 04/05/22 02:03 AM

We had a great time !! Can’t wait to do it again
Posted By: SwampHunter

Re: Thanks Everybody! - 04/05/22 02:05 AM

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Re: Thanks Everybody! - 04/05/22 03:11 AM

Matt, If I had known that was you, I would've introduced myself! I should've done that regardless. We'll get together one day soon. I still want to fish Twok with you.

I forgot to give a special shoutout to Donny (Gophish) and Matt (BlueBlazer2400). You guys cleaned 90 percent of the fish between the two of you. That's really hard on the hands! Thanks guys for jumping in there and taking the bull by the horns!

If anyone can get out tomorrow, there ought to be a pretty good bite after this rain! I said I was done for a while but..... fish
Posted By: cnthompson

Re: Thanks Everybody! - 04/05/22 01:38 PM

Had a blast. ya'll welcome on my boat anytime.

Re: Thanks Everybody! - 04/05/22 03:09 PM

This event was a huge success! Even though we are all from different walks of life, we all share the common passion for Catfishing and it’s interesting to me how everyone was so similar in nature. Friendly, open, helpful, and respectful. It shines through in all the kids that we’re there. Really great to see so many like minded folks come together. When we released the big fish at the bank I asked all the kiddos why it’s important to let the big ones go and they all chimed in. Half said to let them get bigger and and the other half said so they can make baby catfish. Great to hear that from all the kiddos and It’s a great indicator of where the catfish world is headed. Thanks again everyone for making this a great event. I know it was fun for the kiddos!
Posted By: pop r

Re: Thanks Everybody! - 04/05/22 11:37 PM

cheers Well done everyone!
Posted By: Gophish

Re: Thanks Everybody! - 04/06/22 02:23 AM

The 2022 El Gato Azul Catfish event was awesome. I think a great time was had by all. I did not get to meet everyone, but everyone I did meet were super. What a great community. Inspiring to hear comments and questions between and from the little ones. Looking forward to the next event. Many thanks to Chris for spear heading everything. Also, a huge shoutout to everyone who dedicated their time and resources to making sure everything came off smoothly.
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Thanks Everybody! - 04/06/22 02:32 AM

coolphotos " It just don't get any better"! Awesome post. thumb
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum