Texas Fishing Forum

Trinity Flatheads take 2

Posted By: DEWAYNE BULLARD

Trinity Flatheads take 2 - 03/28/22 04:10 PM

Hit the Trinity Saturday and she was dirty and flowing 17000 fps due to the discharge from Livingston.
I made may way up river fro I-10 dodging trees and other debris. Fishing was pretty slow but ended up with a 6 and 16.5 pounder one on a gizzard Shad head and the other on cut sunfish . Trying to learn a little bit each trip hoping we can compete with the guys that river fish mostly. [Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: jippedgenes

Re: Trinity Flatheads take 2 - 03/28/22 09:09 PM

Nice. I have fished the trinity under Lewisville with live bluegill and nary a bite. One day I may get lucky.

Re: Trinity Flatheads take 2 - 03/28/22 09:47 PM

I am a beginner but here is the type of structure I try to set up stream from and cast in front of . [Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: skeetmaster

Re: Trinity Flatheads take 2 - 03/29/22 02:12 AM

Way to go Dewayne. I'm looking forward to getting on some Ops this year. Do you set your baits downstream of the structure or just upstream of it?

Re: Trinity Flatheads take 2 - 03/29/22 02:49 AM

Skeetmaster put the bait upstream as close as you can to the structure ( still learning and getting hung up) and let the current take the scent to them . This what I was taught by some seasoned river fishermen.
Posted By: z289sec

Re: Trinity Flatheads take 2 - 03/31/22 01:34 AM

I'm envious of anyone that has enough water on their part of the Trinity to get a boat in.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum