Texas Fishing Forum

Westlake Park for the Catfish Get-Together.

Posted By: 🍀El Gato Azul🍀

Westlake Park for the Catfish Get-Together. - 03/20/22 01:28 PM

I put in at Westlake Park yesterday where we are holding the event. Facilities look nice but the courtesy dock was out of the water due to the lake being so low. Need some rain. It’s going to be a chore to get everyone’s boat in the water but we’ll get it done.
Posted By: Bluecat Bob

Re: Westlake Park for the Catfish Get-Together. - 03/20/22 02:43 PM

Thanks, Chris.

Excuse my ignorance here, so to be clear does this mean we will have to beach our boats on the ramp after launching while we park up the truck?
Posted By: 🍀El Gato Azul🍀

Re: Westlake Park for the Catfish Get-Together. - 03/20/22 03:04 PM

I actually tied up to the docks gangway Bob. It’s still out in the water. They removed the dock and pulled it up on shore. Not ideal but doable. Will just take some time to get everyone in and out of the water. I could move the event but I think that would cause more problems.
Posted By: z289sec

Re: Westlake Park for the Catfish Get-Together. - 03/20/22 03:21 PM

Supposedly this next front is going to have some substantial rain. If we don't get some in the next couple months, Summer and going in to Fall is going to be a nightmare for boat fishing.
Posted By: KEGracing

Re: Westlake Park for the Catfish Get-Together. - 03/20/22 10:23 PM

Need the rain bad for sure... I am having to be careful and stay in the little bit of a creek channel to get from my dock out to main arm of our cove. Another 6-8" down and I will be a beached wale! LOL

Looking forward to the 3rd.

Ken
Posted By: skeetmaster

Re: Westlake Park for the Catfish Get-Together. - 03/21/22 01:18 PM

I launched from Westlake last week. It is a bit of a challenge because there are quite a few rocks right around the ramp but if you pull around to the cove side, there is a good smooth shoreline to beach on. It'll be good for everyone when we come back from fishing. It may take a little bit longer to get everyone launched but I think we'll be good.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum