Texas Fishing Forum

Azul’s Get-Together volunteers

Posted By: 🍀El Gato Azul🍀

Azul’s Get-Together volunteers - 03/18/22 04:50 PM

Hey guys. After last years huge success it’s looking like this years event is going to be bigger and better. More attendees and better prizes with Mad Katz sponsoring our prizes with rods to give away and lots of other cool gear. Better trophies for the Big fish, small fish, and skunk awards. Free event decals. Free cast nets, Stubby’s Cheesebait, and other gear for all the Jr Anglers who attend.

Last year we had a ton of help from the Catfish community cleaning and cooking the fish as well as bringing needed supplies. This year I secured donations for the supplies and I will be bringing all that. My wife will be picking up the side dishes from old House BarBQ and bringing them but we need volunteers to help clean and cook the fish and set up. Anyone who is willing to help please let me know. The event is rapidly approaching and I’d like to have at least 2-3 guys help clean fish and several to help cook. Thanks everybody and looking foreword to seeing everyone and hanging out at this years event. 🍀🍀🍀
Posted By: Gophish

Re: Azul’s Get-Together volunteers - 03/18/22 05:24 PM

Chris, Blue Cat Bob and I were just talking about this this morning. We are both volunteering to help clean and cook the fish and whatever else needs to be done. I have two cookers. Can bring cooking oil as needed. Also planning to bring about 30 lb of ice. I can bring. Let's get together and decide what is needed.

Re: Azul’s Get-Together volunteers - 03/18/22 05:59 PM

Thanks Donnie and Bob! Y’all are awesome. Thank you so much for volunteering guys. The deep fryers and oil will be a huge help too. I’m bringing all the other supplies like plates, utensils, and side dishes. I will also bring my fish cleaning table as well.
Posted By: Bluecat Bob

Re: Azul’s Get-Together volunteers - 03/18/22 09:27 PM

Hey Chris,

Skeetmaster has also stepped up to help with the cooking and prep. I spoke with Geno this morning, and In fact he is down in deepest Louisiana running a huge fish fry as I type this (also known as practice - lol)

Did you remember to book 8mph winds and 70F temperatures?

fish
Posted By: littlewheel

Re: Azul’s Get-Together volunteers - 03/18/22 11:29 PM

If It wasn’t Canton weekend I would be on it. Gotta take care of my ice cream business though
Posted By: z289sec

Re: Azul’s Get-Together volunteers - 03/19/22 12:28 AM

Ready to help cook, and help with setup. As slow as I am at cleaning the fish, I would still be on the first one, while everyone is eating!!! I got a new jug of oil left over from New Years I can bring too.
Posted By: Chiprat

Re: Azul’s Get-Together volunteers - 03/19/22 12:36 AM

When is the Event, never been.

Re: Azul’s Get-Together volunteers - 03/19/22 12:50 AM

Thanks David! Appreciate all the help we can get cheers

Re: Azul’s Get-Together volunteers - 03/19/22 12:57 AM

Originally Posted by Chiprat
When is the Event, never been.

April 3rd Westlake Park on Lake Lewisville. 7am.

Here is a short video that explains a little bit about the event. Hollar at me if you have any questions and let me know if you plan on coming. It’s a great time for sure.

Posted By: Gophish

Re: Azul’s Get-Together volunteers - 03/19/22 01:13 AM

OK, for now I am in for 2 cookers with oil, corn meal, ice and garbage bags. I think we need a couple more cookers so we can get everyone fed fairly quick. I don't mind cleaning fish if someone else wants to attend my cookers. We can look at this a little closer to the event and I will help cover what we might be short on. Just let us know what you need.

Re: Azul’s Get-Together volunteers - 03/19/22 01:46 AM

Sounds good. We’ll have Donnie, Bob, Geno, and David helping out so far. A number of my other buddies will be attending and they are always helpful as well. Thanks again everyone for stepping up.
Posted By: Blue Blazer 2400

Re: Azul’s Get-Together volunteers - 03/19/22 05:48 PM

I can help where needed. Thanks to everyone for helping out and thanks to Chris for putting this together. I know that putting these things together can be a real PITA
Posted By: Catfish Tim

Re: Azul’s Get-Together volunteers - 03/19/22 08:43 PM

Hey everybody... Some of you know and some of you don't know that as excited as I am about this year's event. I am not gonna make it. I have been called out of town that week and I am traveling on Sunday the 3rd. Bad luck, bad timing. I hope y'all have great weather and a great time.

GB & TL...
Posted By: KEGracing

Re: Azul’s Get-Together volunteers - 03/19/22 10:22 PM

Chris,

I have a two-basket cooker I am planning to bring. Will have oil, breader and stuff with me also.

Are we doing hushpuppies?

Tim, hate you are going to miss it brother. Working for a living is a blessing, but sure gets in the way of a good time!

Looking forward to it!

Ken

Re: Azul’s Get-Together volunteers - 03/20/22 02:09 AM

Thanks Matt! This is going to be a great event. Thank you so much for donating the Walkie Talkies for the kiddos and also volunteering to help out. Really appreciate you buddy!

Was looking foreword to seeing you Tim. Jaxon was super disappointed when I told him Wyatt couldn’t make it. We’ll have to get the boys together to catch some fish soon.

Thanks Ken. Those deep fryers should really help. We can do hush puppies if y’all want. I was going to buy Cowboy beans, tater salad, and cole slaw from Old Town BarBQ.
Posted By: skeetmaster

Re: Azul’s Get-Together volunteers - 03/21/22 01:42 PM

OK everyone, sorry I've been as quiet as Biden's PR team for the last week but I had to go to Louisiana for a family event and haven't had time to weigh in. We did a fish fry for twenty people and it went quite well. We had a two basket fish fryer and a single and it went great. I think if everyone brings what they've committed to we should be able to pull this off without a problem. I'm going to bring a couple of big tarps and some zip ties in case we have a wind problem. If anyone can bring an extra tarp or two, we may have to use a couple of the picnic table shelters to rig up some wind blocks. I would also recommend that anyone that has one should bring a canopy if it looks like we'll have rain (which is quite likely considering we haven't hardly gotten any lately and if you are the perfect optimist like myself and believe in Murphy's Law). I hope everyone will still come regardless of the weather because we'll make it work either way. The only problem I can see is if we have a tough time bringing in enough fish for the number of people we have. I was going to bring a bunch of fillets from the house just in case but I put a serious dent in that this weekend. Last year, myself and a number of others got skunked. Luckily, we had some real catter's there and did fine on the fish, so I hope it won't be a problem. Can't wait!!

Re: Azul’s Get-Together volunteers - 03/21/22 02:11 PM

Thanks Geno! Really appreciate you buddy! We shouldn’t have any problem catching enough fish for this thing. Early April there will be a number of us who load the boat with fish. My biggest concern is high wind and safe fishing for the smaller boats. The tarps for a wind block is a great idea for the fryers too. The Cottonwood Pavilion is covered and can hold everyone so even if we have a little rain we’ll be good. I will secure one of the small covered tables next to it for the fryers so we can tarp one if it’s windy. If it does rain it might scare off a few folks but most of the catfisherman I know aren’t scared of a little rain. This time of year the rain is a catfisherman friend. We just wait until it passes and then head for the runoff.
Posted By: Bluecat Bob

Re: Azul’s Get-Together volunteers - 03/21/22 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by skeetmaster
Last year, myself and a number of others got skunked. Luckily, we had some real catter's there and did fine on the fish, so I hope it won't be a problem. Can't wait!!

I also got skunked last year, but thats not going to happen this year. No way!

Last year I was very pleased that I didn't drown in the hurricane force winds, so I am hoping to repeat that this year (the not drowning part that is).

Whatever the weather, Gophish (Donny) and yours truly will be putting in an appearance, and I may bring some secret bait to ensure we get some eaters in the boat at least. We dont want to be eating PB&J sandwiches at at Cat'n event do we!

cheer
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum