Texas Fishing Forum

Lewisville 2-19 Lake Monster

Posted By: šŸ€El Gato AzulšŸ€

Lewisville 2-19 Lake Monster - 02/19/22 10:29 PM

Got out and pulled boards in 37 ft with my friend Chris and hit the jackpot this morning. We managed to catch a 20, a handful of teeners, and big fish going 50 lbs! We went all big baits looking to go big or go home and it paid off! Missed 7 big fish and Iā€™m going to attribute that to my friend Chris running J hooks on half our rigs and I gotta believe if we were running Lucky 13s we would have caught quite a few of those. Oh well thatā€™s fishing. Thankful we got to hug a 50 to close out the deep bite season! We had a great day fishing together and look foreword to doing it again.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Ed-n-eddy

Re: Lewisville 2-19 Lake Monster - 02/20/22 12:10 AM

clap thumb

Re: Lewisville 2-19 Lake Monster - 02/20/22 12:58 PM

Thanks Ed!. I guess your the only guy who likes my trip report and can appreciate seeing a 50 lbr! Lol. Iā€™m getting the sense that guys donā€™t care to see my fishing reports here so I will post those on my Facebook group El Gato Azul TV and also Catfishing Lake Lewisville from here on out.
Posted By: Catfish Tim

Re: Lewisville 2-19 Lake Monster - 02/20/22 01:03 PM

Still licking my wounds from floating around like an idiot all day yesterday. Solid work Chris. I think you may have caught about the last winter monster for this year. Water was well above 50 on Lavon yesterday. Fish are definitely in transition...

Re: Lewisville 2-19 Lake Monster - 02/20/22 01:13 PM

Have you seen the weather report for this week Tim? Old man Winter still ainā€™t done yet buddy! We still got a chance for 1 more rodeo if we can time a fishing trip right.
Posted By: Blue Blazer 2400

Re: Lewisville 2-19 Lake Monster - 02/20/22 02:11 PM

Thatā€™s a toad for sure Chris. Great job. Iā€™m surprised you would let him run J hooks with all the success on circles.

I still like the reports. banana
Posted By: Littlefeather

Re: Lewisville 2-19 Lake Monster - 02/20/22 04:12 PM

Whoa! Nice one Bud! Thatā€™s a Lewisville trophy for sure! Good job!
Posted By: RDZ

Re: Lewisville 2-19 Lake Monster - 02/20/22 05:45 PM

Good live feed, watched it all..
Posted By: skeetmaster

Re: Lewisville 2-19 Lake Monster - 02/20/22 05:47 PM

Wow, what a toad! Chris, don't stop the reports man. You've always got the most info! We need ya!
Posted By: wytex

Re: Lewisville 2-19 Lake Monster - 02/20/22 06:10 PM

Nice fish sir ! Thanks for sharing the pic and I enjoy seeing the big cats.

Re: Lewisville 2-19 Lake Monster - 02/20/22 06:16 PM

Thanks guys! 50s are hard to come by on my lake! Seeing other guys fishing reports has always been one of my favorite things about The TFF and that is why I have tried to continue that tradition. There just arenā€™t a lot of guys sharing trip reports these days but it seems like there are starting to be more and more. Some guys will only give a report when they do good but I try and always give a report for every trip good or bad. I post pictures because I know a lot of yā€™all are like me and when you see a report with no pics it doesnā€™t have much credibility. I will continue to post our trip reports here as long as there is interest. šŸ€šŸ€šŸ€
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Lewisville 2-19 Lake Monster - 02/20/22 06:36 PM

Nice fish. cheers
Posted By: Bluecat Bob

Re: Lewisville 2-19 Lake Monster - 02/20/22 07:10 PM

Dang, that's a really nice fish Chris!!!

clap

Hey, wait a minute, I thought the fish were supposed to be shallow??

This is surely some trickery going on - haha!

Originally Posted by šŸ€El Gato AzulšŸ€
Have you seen the weather report for this week Tim? Old man Winter still ainā€™t done yet buddy! We still got a chance for 1 more rodeo if we can time a fishing trip right.

So you're telling me there is a chance???

banana bannana2
Posted By: gdr_11

Re: Lewisville 2-19 Lake Monster - 02/20/22 07:20 PM

Great job, Chris! Your posts are always a pleasure for those of us who are armchair fishermen more than active ones. I enjoy each post and video that you young guys put out. You may not realize how much your posts are appreciated si thought I would just chime in.

Re: Lewisville 2-19 Lake Monster - 02/20/22 07:23 PM

Thanks Gdr11! That means a lot to me buddyšŸ‘.

Bob, this is the beginning of the spring transition. I said there are fish shallow and there are fish in mid depth. After a cold snap I go mid depth but as the shallows warm up I look shallow. We just had a cold front so I looked deeper and got lucky. Iā€™m still learning how to fish the transition too buddy. This is the absolute hardest time of year to have consistency and weā€™ve been grinding to locate them last 2 trips. One thing is for certain, if you can locate where the sandbass are staging up for their spawning runs youā€™ll be around some big fish. Once we get some big rains that pattern is blown and you pretty much have to look shallow.
Posted By: DEWAYNE BULLARD

Re: Lewisville 2-19 Lake Monster - 02/20/22 10:59 PM

Great fish wtg
Posted By: KEGracing

Re: Lewisville 2-19 Lake Monster - 02/21/22 02:05 AM

Chris,

Good job brother!
Have a drink and relax a minute, and then keep posting please. Sometimes people are just busy and not on the web... It was a pretty weekend!
You know we love ya!

Ken
Posted By: Bones72

Re: Lewisville 2-19 Lake Monster - 02/21/22 02:09 PM

Please keep posting. I am without a boat and probably always will be but seeing you with absolute toads keeps some of us chasing em regardless of our methods. I don't post much because usually I don't think I have much to add. If I get into bigguns it's because of info I learned here or I just got lucky. Biggest lesson big baits equal big fish, most times anyway, I am stupefied at least every few trips on what an 8lb blue can get in its mouth. The other thing is to look for actively feeding whites.

Speaking of transitions and following the whites around to find fish; this spring is setting up much like the last on Buchanan. Little rain and cool temps. Sandies and striper/hybrids are starting to stack up around Tow. If the rains don't show up in force, I think that western end of the lake will be awesome for cats again this spring.
Posted By: cnthompson

Re: Lewisville 2-19 Lake Monster - 02/21/22 02:19 PM

Well guys I had the pleasure of having Big Fish El Gato Azul on my boat on saturday. All I can say is that the man is full of knowledge and information. The biggest take away
that I learned was. BE Ready !!! Have your equipment dialed in. know where everything on the boat is. Nets, grabbers, pliers ect......
Chris really boosted my confidence on the water. I was doing everything right . I just need more time on the water for sure. He confirmed that i was seeing the right stuff on my Birds.
Again all my respect !!!
El Gato Azul = CLASS

Thanks,
Chris Thompson

Re: Lewisville 2-19 Lake Monster - 02/21/22 03:15 PM

I had a great time Chris and itā€™s always a pleasure and a memorable trip when I can get my friends a new PB! Welcome to Azulā€™s 50 lb Club buddy! Your doing great and all you gotta do is get your equipment dialed in and put some time in on the water chasing Blues and youā€™ll make a fine Bluecatr! As you can see from all the different areas Iā€™ve been showing you the last 6 months I move all over the lake to find fish and it ainā€™t easy! Iā€™ve enjoyed helping you get going on Bluecatn this season and look foreword to continuing our friendship and seeing you hit your groove is really cool. Pretty freakin awesome you entered into the 50 lb club your first year in. Some guys fish their entire life and never get a 50 so congratulations and enjoy it buddy! That Blue Slime high should last you several weeks but when it wears off your gonna be a fiend for these big fish. The tug is the drug and only way to Quench that urge is to go get another big fish! Itā€™s a blessing and a curse getting Bluecat Fever!!

Re: Lewisville 2-19 Lake Monster - 02/21/22 04:30 PM

Not sure why the picture is no longer showing and uploading a new one doesnā€™t work. Will try and post the picture again later todayšŸ‘
Posted By: Dan90210 ā˜®

Re: Lewisville 2-19 Lake Monster - 02/22/22 03:44 AM

Holy cow!! Congratulations man!

What a beautiful fish. Wonder how old a fish like that is? Also wonder how big they get in this lake...

Re: Lewisville 2-19 Lake Monster - 02/22/22 08:32 AM

There is really no telling on the age Dan. They grow at all different rates in different fisheries. This fish could be 15 years or 30 yrs old. Iā€™ve hooked several that would have smashed the record but lost them. Have also marked several super giants on side image that were much larger than the 70s Iā€™ve caught at Twok. There are records swimming in the lake for sure and one of these days Iā€™m getting one in the boat.
Posted By: skeetmaster

Re: Lewisville 2-19 Lake Monster - 02/23/22 11:23 AM

I'd say at Lewisville your the odds on favorite to do that! With what I've learned from you and Catfish Tim, I'm gonna give you a run for the money on it though! I'll be ready for em next season!

slinger
Posted By: Dan90210 ā˜®

Re: Lewisville 2-19 Lake Monster - 02/23/22 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by šŸ€El Gato AzulšŸ€
There is really no telling on the age Dan. They grow at all different rates in different fisheries. This fish could be 15 years or 30 yrs old. Iā€™ve hooked several that would have smashed the record but lost them. Have also marked several super giants on side image that were much larger than the 70s Iā€™ve caught at Twok. There are records swimming in the lake for sure and one of these days Iā€™m getting one in the boat.

Hell yeah! That is spirit my friend.

I cant wait for the day you post that new record. I also believe there are true giants out there. Not sure if they get smarter and harder to catch like a big bass often does or if they just get bigger and tougher making them impossible for the angler not geared up to face a fish of 70+lbs.

I picture a giant 100lb blue swimming under the toll bridge munching 2lb crappie like french fries with 10/0 circle hooks and short leaders hanging from her lips like so many face piercings... thats the one you want!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum