Texas Fishing Forum

El Gato Azul Spring Catfish Get Together 2022. RSVP!!

Posted By: Catfish Tim

El Gato Azul Spring Catfish Get Together 2022. RSVP!! - 02/16/22 12:47 PM

Click Link to let us know you'll be there!

Hey y'all,

Please use the link above to let us know you'll be attending the get together. The link is set up so you can give us a count of kids and adults and if you are bringing a boat or planning to bank fish. And don't forget to let Chris know if you want a T-Shirt!

See y'all there!
Posted By: 🍀El Gato Azul🍀

Re: El Gato Azul Spring Catfish Get Together 2022. RSVP!! - 02/16/22 01:55 PM

Thanks for all your hard work Tim! Really appreciate you buddyđź‘Ť
Posted By: Ed-n-eddy

Re: El Gato Azul Spring Catfish Get Together 2022. RSVP!! - 02/16/22 02:22 PM

Done
Posted By: Bluecat Bob

Re: El Gato Azul Spring Catfish Get Together 2022. RSVP!! - 02/16/22 03:02 PM

Done

Myself and gofish

Thanks for doing this, Tim.
Posted By: Catfish Tim

Re: El Gato Azul Spring Catfish Get Together 2022. RSVP!! - 02/16/22 03:54 PM

Just tryin to make it easier on all of us. Share the link guys in case there are folks not on the forum you think might like to join us...

Re: El Gato Azul Spring Catfish Get Together 2022. RSVP!! - 02/16/22 04:15 PM

I set up an event on Facebook and folks can also rsvp to that invite. I also shared this link so I will go through the invite at some point and add those to the RSVP
Posted By: Fish Killer

Re: El Gato Azul Spring Catfish Get Together 2022. RSVP!! - 02/16/22 06:56 PM

Gonna Pin this to the top for a little while so It can stay active.
Posted By: cnthompson

Re: El Gato Azul Spring Catfish Get Together 2022. RSVP!! - 02/17/22 12:46 AM

Santa and Nicholas
Posted By: KEGracing

Re: El Gato Azul Spring Catfish Get Together 2022. RSVP!! - 02/17/22 12:54 AM

Coming with my youngest son.

Don't have a trailer for my big boat... might bring 16' flat bottom duck boat if weather is not showing much wind, and fool around in shallows?

Tim - Will plan on helping cook. I have a big double fryer I can bring. Will talk to you before then and see what you need.

Looking forward to round 2 of this everyone!

Ken

Re: El Gato Azul Spring Catfish Get Together 2022. RSVP!! - 02/17/22 05:24 PM

I got you 2 seats on my buddies 24ft Bay Boat Ken. You can leave the mud boat at home and jump on with him and his son. He’s fun to fish with and y’all will all get along great buddy!
Posted By: jippedgenes

Re: El Gato Azul Spring Catfish Get Together 2022. RSVP!! - 02/18/22 02:38 PM

Sounds like fun. Will have to see what's going on. Might come out just to conversate as I am newb for cats and the chances of me catching anything is slim to none.

Re: El Gato Azul Spring Catfish Get Together 2022. RSVP!! - 02/18/22 03:04 PM

This is a get-together more than a competition jipped. There are going to be anglers of all levels at this event from all walks of life and it is a great opportunity to learn as well as make fishing connections. You might meet a new fishing partner. Even if you get skunked you’ll get to hear how and where someone else did well and learn from their experience. I made a lot of new friends from last years event and I still talk to them frequently. The more friends you have in this catfish game the more intel you can access when you need it. It pays to have good friends!
Posted By: Blue Blazer 2400

Re: El Gato Azul Spring Catfish Get Together 2022. RSVP!! - 02/18/22 08:00 PM

Chris I have never been on Lewisville in my life. Is the lake open for running or are there hidden dangers? I was looking at navionics and up north in the arm of the lake that has party cove in has my attention depending on what the weather is doing

Re: El Gato Azul Spring Catfish Get Together 2022. RSVP!! - 02/18/22 08:23 PM

There are some stumps on the north end and in the coves with creeks feeding them.. The main body of water in the old lake side is mostly clear except for 1 area north of the Toll bridge in 5 ft of water. I can mark the areas to watch out for on the Topo. I plan on getting bait and scanning for fish the day before and will let guys know where I’m marking them. Your welcome to come fish next to us. I imagine we’ll be anchored up in 2-5 ft somewhere.
Posted By: KEGracing

Re: El Gato Azul Spring Catfish Get Together 2022. RSVP!! - 02/18/22 08:24 PM

Chris,

I really appreciate it, and looking forward to it. Love making new friends and learning new things. Nothing like spending time with someone, watching them and helping them to learn something new... We all have little tricks to share and learn from.

Round two of this get together is going to be even bigger and better than the first one... and it was great!

See you all soon.

Ken

Re: El Gato Azul Spring Catfish Get Together 2022. RSVP!! - 02/18/22 09:28 PM

No problem Ken! Glad I have good friend like both you and Chris and I love when my buddies become friends with my other buddies. When I read your post I knew exactly who I would call to get you a seat. You’ll have fun fishing on his boat 👍

Re: El Gato Azul Spring Catfish Get Together 2022. RSVP!! - 02/19/22 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by 🍀El Gato Azul🍀
This is a get-together more than a competition jipped. There are going to be anglers of all levels at this event from all walks of life and it is a great opportunity to learn as well as make fishing connections. You might meet a new fishing partner. Even if you get skunked you’ll get to hear how and where someone else did well and learn from their experience. I made a lot of new friends from last years event and I still talk to them frequently. The more friends you have in this catfish game the more intel you can access when you need it. It pays to have good friends!

Thanks EGA, I will see if my schedule is clear. Would love to see some big fish caught and learn. There is a cove there? I may bring my kayaks and do some drifting if I won't get run over or swamped. Got an extra yak I can bring if anyone cares to give it a whirl.

Re: El Gato Azul Spring Catfish Get Together 2022. RSVP!! - 02/19/22 10:34 PM

There is a cove to fish and I plan on chumming the bank for a week before the event.
Posted By: z289sec

Re: El Gato Azul Spring Catfish Get Together 2022. RSVP!! - 02/20/22 01:52 AM

Couldn't figure out how to mark that i would be fishing from a boat, but may as well break in the new unit properly.

Re: El Gato Azul Spring Catfish Get Together 2022. RSVP!! - 02/20/22 01:53 AM

Originally Posted by jippedgenes
Originally Posted by 🍀El Gato Azul🍀

Thanks EGA, I will see if my schedule is clear. Would love to see some big fish caught and learn. There is a cove there? I may bring my kayaks and do some drifting if I won't get run over or swamped. Got an extra yak I can bring if anyone cares to give it a whirl.

There were a couple guys in yaks the last time, fishing not far from us at all.

Re: El Gato Azul Spring Catfish Get Together 2022. RSVP!! - 02/21/22 10:36 PM

Thanks guys, sounds like fun.
Posted By: ggoytia

Re: El Gato Azul Spring Catfish Get Together 2022. RSVP!! - 02/28/22 11:53 PM

Folks dumb question

Will my 12' v hull be OK for Lewisville?
My concern is the 6 year old and myself be blown away.

Re: El Gato Azul Spring Catfish Get Together 2022. RSVP!! - 03/01/22 12:08 AM

You should be good Gus. I moved the event this year to Westlake Park and there is protected water there . If it’s high wind and big waves y’all are welcome to jump on with us. We have 4 on my boat but it’s big and we can make it work.

Re: El Gato Azul Spring Catfish Get Together 2022. RSVP!! - 03/01/22 07:57 AM

Right on. I appreciate the offer.
Let's hope for no wind.

Re: El Gato Azul Spring Catfish Get Together 2022. RSVP!! - 03/08/22 03:05 PM

Have any of you guys put in the order for good weather? I'm camped out on RayBob this week enjoying 20-25mph winds and now sleet. None of this for our get together please!

Can y'all maybe do a sun dance and pray to the weather gods for 5-10 winds and temps that don't need me to wear a hazmat suit?

pollo
Posted By: TRH (formerly xpress00)

Re: El Gato Azul Spring Catfish Get Together 2022. RSVP!! - 03/08/22 06:26 PM

Won't be able to make it bud. Have CTCT tourney on Belton Saturday, so Sunday will be fam day. Sorry. We will hook up at some point and do some fishing.

Re: El Gato Azul Spring Catfish Get Together 2022. RSVP!! - 03/11/22 05:09 PM

No problem Trent. Maybe one of these days.

T-shirts should be ready middle of the next week guys.
Posted By: Axle965

Re: El Gato Azul Spring Catfish Get Together 2022. RSVP!! - 03/11/22 05:12 PM

I dont have a boat,will there be bank fishing?

Re: El Gato Azul Spring Catfish Get Together 2022. RSVP!! - 03/11/22 05:14 PM

Yes there will be bank fishing. To my understanding there are several people planning to bank fish.

Re: El Gato Azul Spring Catfish Get Together 2022. RSVP!! - 03/13/22 08:23 AM

Originally Posted by Axle965
I dont have a boat,will there be bank fishing?

There is bank fishing and I will go chum the area everyday the week before the event so there should be plenty of fish for the shore fisherman to catch. Hope you can make it Axleđź‘Ť

Re: El Gato Azul Spring Catfish Get Together 2022. RSVP!! - 03/13/22 04:40 PM

Is it April yet??

walking

cheer
Posted By: SwampHunter

Re: El Gato Azul Spring Catfish Get Together 2022. RSVP!! - 03/24/22 02:11 AM

Me and the 2 kids are thinking about coming if the winds not bad , Only fished Lewisville once so far we fished up by shady shores anybody been doing any good over that way ?

Re: El Gato Azul Spring Catfish Get Together 2022. RSVP!! - 03/24/22 07:12 AM

Come on out Swamphunter. It’s gonna be a great time. There are always some fish in Shady Shores. Its a good time no matter how many fish you catch.

Re: El Gato Azul Spring Catfish Get Together 2022. RSVP!! - 03/24/22 05:57 PM

Can't wait Chris. Got the boat all cleaned up so I hope I didn't jinx myself with a clean boat. HAHA

Do you think you will be able to get enough bait for everyone? I don't mind throwing my net but I have never fish Lewisville before.

Also, from West Lake headed north is the lake clear to run or is there trees and stumps?

Re: El Gato Azul Spring Catfish Get Together 2022. RSVP!! - 03/24/22 06:37 PM

I’m going to get bait the day before Matt and scan for fish but we’re in the transition so not promising anything. Bait for 50-60 people is probably more than I can handle by myself. I plan on trapping sunfish a few days before and Chris T is going to trap sunfish too. Jimmy helped me get bait last year but he is having boat trouble and won’t be able to assist. I will take any help I can get. Last week bait was easy in 28 ft but this time of year you just never know until you get on the water. The old lake is mostly clear of stumps but I will post a map of where there are a few. The main lake has some stumps up north of Little Elm boat ramp but I won’t be headed up there and I doubt anyone else will either.
Posted By: Gophish

Re: El Gato Azul Spring Catfish Get Together 2022. RSVP!! - 03/25/22 01:58 AM

Chris, BCB and I plan to fish on Saturday the 2nd and were planning to try and get extra bait for Sunday. We will holler at you while we are out there. I've never fished Lewisville, wanted to get a feel for it.
Posted By: skeetmaster

Re: El Gato Azul Spring Catfish Get Together 2022. RSVP!! - 03/25/22 10:41 AM

Chris, I'll be out on Saturday scanning as well as finding bait. I'll get whatever I can and text you what and where I was able to get.

Re: El Gato Azul Spring Catfish Get Together 2022. RSVP!! - 03/25/22 06:10 PM

Really appreciate any and all the help I can get with bait guys. Looks like north wind 11mph and cooler weather 64° is forecast for the get together. Going to be a nice day for fishing. Just hope that front doesn’t mess with the bite too much. We have rain in the forecast for Wednesday and that can only help.

Re: El Gato Azul Spring Catfish Get Together 2022. RSVP!! - 03/25/22 06:21 PM

Stumps are circled. There are also some stumps in the coves with feeder creeks that I did not circle but these are the areas to look out for in open water.

[Linked Image]

Re: El Gato Azul Spring Catfish Get Together 2022. RSVP!! - 03/25/22 06:34 PM

Really appreciate it. There is a place I know about that I can usually catch shad off the bank but this time of year it is usually full of small gizzards and threadfin. If I get time next saturday I may run out there and see what I can catch. I usually use small bait this time of year.

Re: El Gato Azul Spring Catfish Get Together 2022. RSVP!! - 03/25/22 07:28 PM

Thanks Matt. We use a lot of small baits too this time of year but last weekend we caught all our big fish on big baits. Not a single one came on the smaller stuff. Big fish were 43, 27, 20, and 2 teeners all on hand sized baits but catching them was pure luck. We did catch 10 eaters and those came on smaller gizzard chunks. I give em a variety up until mid April. Even when the Threadfin are spawning I like to throw a few bigger baits up in there.

Re: El Gato Azul Spring Catfish Get Together 2022. RSVP!! - 03/25/22 08:33 PM

Wish I could throw a cast net at the private lake on my land in Bluff Dale. I could get enough bluegill for 100 people, in one cast. No cast nets and no keeping bluegill. I may sneak down there Saturday Evening and see if I can wrangle a few with a cane pole, they might accidentally fall into the cooler. LOL

Re: El Gato Azul Spring Catfish Get Together 2022. RSVP!! - 03/27/22 10:14 PM

Bait was a struggle today but we managed to hit the Jackpot of big fish on our live stream. 40, 40, 20, 15 all caught in 2 ft of water.

Re: El Gato Azul Spring Catfish Get Together 2022. RSVP!! - 04/02/22 12:46 PM

Tried to go out and gather some shad this morning but didn't take the boat. Tried my usual spring hotspots, and two tiny yearlings is all that found its way into my net. Threw them back. May try later today, after the water has a chance to warm a little. May also try a couple of my bluegill hotspots.

Re: El Gato Azul Spring Catfish Get Together 2022. RSVP!! - 04/02/22 02:26 PM

Yes bait was tough for me this morning also. Took a while but I got enough for our boat and some extra. I will bring it in the morning and share it with whoever needs it

Re: El Gato Azul Spring Catfish Get Together 2022. RSVP!! - 04/02/22 02:26 PM

Mainly small 4-5 inch gizzards

Re: El Gato Azul Spring Catfish Get Together 2022. RSVP!! - 04/03/22 04:36 PM

To those who signed up and didn't show, and you have nothing to do at home.
Bring us some beer and some more yoohoo for the kids.

Hahahahaha

We are all waiting for the big one to show but for now the shore guys are enjoying the day without the honey do list.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum