Texas Fishing Forum

So Gato Azul

Posted By: rlfisher

So Gato Azul - 11/29/21 07:59 PM

Chris have a question you helped me figure out how to use the planer boards. What type of snap do you use. Reason for asking Friday I was drifting and went to put my boards on my lever type snap you push it one way to open the other is to close. Simple enough but the clip would not open had to put a knife in it to pry it open not good fishing by yourself.
Thanks Chris
Ricky
Posted By: TRH (formerly xpress00)

Re: So Gato Azul - 11/29/21 08:17 PM

Are you using the lock jaw clips? They have a phillips head screw in top? If so, loosen that screw up a bit.
Posted By: 🍀El Gato Azul🍀

Re: So Gato Azul - 11/29/21 08:18 PM

My big Parks boards which I use for my biggest baits with stinger hooks have the red heavy tension clips that have to be pinched to released at the boat. They work great but you are fighting both the fish and the board but it’s needed for such a big board. My regular Parks boards that I use for big to medium baits have the green Scotty clips that release when you crank down and set the hook. I do prefer the green Scotty clips but they sometimes pop free when a big fish hits. There are lots of knockoffs butt the Scotty’s are a much better quality clip than the knockoffs.

Here is the link:
Scotty clips
Posted By: rlfisher

Re: So Gato Azul - 11/29/21 11:52 PM

Thanks yes I have loosened the screw it’s not that they just want open. I will probably get the Scotty clips. I have the park boards and I change the clips myself this was the first time they gave me any trouble thanks for the answer
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum