Texas Fishing Forum

Tin boat got an upgrade today

Posted By: Fish Killer

Tin boat got an upgrade today - 11/19/21 06:02 PM

Well after 15 years of hard core tournament bass fishing I’ve been chasing blue for the last couple of years on my down time from chasing the ditch pickles

Figured I have 8-10K worth of electronics on the bass boat but wanted to do a small upgrade to my catfish rig

Got a smoking deal on an older 998 with a good navionics chip
Install was easy although the small dash area didn’t help Gonna make scanning a lot easier compared to the tiny Helix 5 I had on it prior

Also just recently bought a 10” livescope unit that I made modular so it can go on either boat I’m using
Anyone played with it before to chase blues? [Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: TRH (formerly xpress00)

Re: Tin boat got an upgrade today - 11/19/21 06:12 PM

Haven't personally tried live scope for cats, but I've heard things.. peep
Posted By: Fish Killer

Re: Tin boat got an upgrade today - 11/19/21 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by TRH (formerly xpress00)

Awww come on Can’t just leave it hanging like that
PM if you care to share anything privately
Posted By: TRH (formerly xpress00)

Re: Tin boat got an upgrade today - 11/19/21 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by Fish Killer
Originally Posted by TRH (formerly xpress00)

Awww come on Can’t just leave it hanging like that
PM if you care to share anything privately

all honesty, I've heard of it being done with some luck. 2nd hand knowledge from a client so who knows if it's true. I like messing around so I threw it out there.
Posted By: Catfish Tim

Re: Tin boat got an upgrade today - 11/20/21 11:58 AM

Technology is advancing so fast... I work in the tech world and they like to say the generations turnover every 18 months. Personally I think it's become shorter than that. Anyway, I am just now starting to use side scan. I tend to use it more when chasing bait than when I'm looking for fish. I know just about enough to get it turned on at this point. I will get better at it. Live scan to me is one step short of dropping a camera down there and they have those now too. I think we have all seen the crappie fisherman use it but I don't think it has infiltrated the catfish sector yet, at least not to any great extent. I will be interested in seeing your reports on what it does for you in the hunt for the mighty blues!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum