Texas Fishing Forum

Mad Katz Medium Rods!!

Posted By: šŸ€El Gato AzulšŸ€

Mad Katz Medium Rods!! - 11/10/21 06:09 PM

Will be getting 4 of these real soon yā€™all! I love my MH Mad Katz but these Medium Mad Kats are more like the stiffness of the MH rods Iā€™m used to using. Look at that freakin bend!! If yā€™all are looking for a new rod this season then check out these Mad Kats! They are totally awesome rods and the best Iā€™ve laid hands on! They are a little stiffer than most rods so get the action that one step down from what you are used to using.[Linked Image]
Posted By: BriannShell

Re: Mad Katz Medium Rods!! - 11/10/21 06:12 PM

eeks thumb
Posted By: Catfish Tim

Re: Mad Katz Medium Rods!! - 11/10/21 07:18 PM

That pic is freakin amazing! How does a rod even do that? You are 100% right about Mad Catz. I have only had mine long enough to use them a couple times but they are beasts. I can't wait to tangle with a big fish on them.
Posted By: Blue Blazer 2400

Re: Mad Katz Medium Rods!! - 11/10/21 08:34 PM

I think I want the med/lite.

That bend is crazy. Good thing is if you donā€™t have enough room on the deck for all your rods or in rod holders then you can fold the Mad Katz up and put them in a storage box. Haha

Re: Mad Katz Medium Rods!! - 11/10/21 09:39 PM

I fished the Mad Katz Med light right next to Mediums that Jimmy had we could barely tell the difference between the 2.

Re: Mad Katz Medium Rods!! - 11/10/21 10:49 PM

Ok cool. How did the mediums compare to the WS on stiffness and action?

Also I guess I need to figure out what color rod I want. They offer too many awesome colors. Haha. Kind of digging the bolt color

Re: Mad Katz Medium Rods!! - 11/10/21 10:56 PM

Mad Katz Medium had a very similar action to the whisker seeker MH but Mad Katz is clearly a better rod all the way from top to bottom including the the grips, eyes, eye wraps, reel seats, and blanks! Mad Katz beats em in every category guaranteed. Built for putting in serious work!

Re: Mad Katz Medium Rods!! - 11/10/21 11:00 PM

I love the bolt and thatā€™s what I was going to get but they were out of the MH when I ordered. I have the orange crush but I like a lot of them and I canā€™t decide which ones look the best. Iā€™m going to get either the puzzle or the bolt for my medium actions do I can tell them apart!
Posted By: Naut Now

Re: Mad Katz Medium Rods!! - 11/10/21 11:52 PM

I loving my Mad Katz so far. Iā€™m up to 4 meds and 4 med lights. I have 1 MH ghost rod, if anybody wants to buy / check out. I decided to go with lighter rods this time around.
Posted By: TRH (formerly xpress00)

Re: Mad Katz Medium Rods!! - 11/11/21 01:05 AM

I have a couple patriots Iā€™m using in Medium. I like ā€˜em fine. So now, Iā€™m currently using WS, BnM, slimecat, and mad Katz. First 3 in MH, Mad Katz in M. I have Pro Anglers in the shed for back ups if needed.
I fished with some Hellcats this past weekend, I like them too. Might have to get a couple of them as well.

Re: Mad Katz Medium Rods!! - 11/11/21 03:54 AM

Iā€™ve broken half my BCF rods so Iā€™m done buying those Trent. I constantly hear guys complaint about the Hellcats breaking at the 6th eye too but have yet to hear a complaint about Mad Katz.
Posted By: Bluecat Bob

Re: Mad Katz Medium Rods!! - 11/11/21 11:49 AM

Mmmmm...

Catfish Dave over on Youtube just got given a bunch of em and he loves those rods.

I recently bought two Whisker Seeker rods and really like them, much better backbone that my two Ugly Sticks I have, and much better made (and more expensive).

So Chris, what sets the Mad Katz apart? I will be getting two more rigs this winter.

Also to mention reels, I have Abu 6500's, and while they work well they don't seem very well made imo. The tension nut on the spools come off and the line guides are really flimsy. I recently purchased two Daiwa Seagate reels, and LOVE them. They are beautifully made and simple to use, no line guides (I use my thumb), and the drag system is 10 times better than the Abu's. I bought them as Catfish Kayak, Justin, swears by them.

Re: Mad Katz Medium Rods!! - 11/11/21 03:32 PM

Abu 6500c3 is the standard and will get the job done but certainly not the best Bob. One good thing is they are easy to find guys who work on them and there are always parts available and always will be. If your Diawa needs service your gonna have a harder time finding someone to service it and get parts. As far as what makes Mad Katz stand apart? There are a lot of good rods out there but usually there is something I donā€™t like about each. I canā€™t find anything on the Mad Katz that I would change. Grip that sits perfectly in the rod holder without rocking with every wave, The cross cut Eva grip feels and looks incredible. The 3d aluminum reel seat is as good as any Iā€™ve used and looks great too. 4 slots on reel seat with rod through design to feel the fish when itā€™s on. Best eyes Iā€™ve seen,11 beefy, big and oversized and they are also triple wrapped for added strength. Glow tip for night fishing and fluorescent color for uv lights. Everything on the rod seems to be well thought out and over-engineered. 70000 rods sold and only 18 returned is amazing to me. Iā€™ve returned half my whisker seekers, several BCF, and several Warrior Cats. Return was easy on all. The butt cap is the perfect size bulb that fits rod holders much better instead of a cylinder end cap or a bulb that is too big. Look at the flex on that Mad Katz above! Donā€™t want to do that with most rods! There are a ton of rods out there that will get the job done but I have never seen or heard one get such high praise and positive response as the Mad Katz have this past year. I waited to see how people have liked them youā€™ll find it hard to even hear a single person who gives a negative review of them. As with all gear things come down to personal preference so maybe someone else prefers something different but for me these Mad Kats have a check mark for everything I wanted in a rod.

Re: Mad Katz Medium Rods!! - 11/11/21 10:06 PM

Anybody want to buy my Whisker Seekers for cheap?

Re: Mad Katz Medium Rods!! - 11/11/21 10:35 PM

Originally Posted by šŸ€El Gato AzulšŸ€
Anybody want to buy my Whisker Seekers for cheap?

I think I'm gonna keep my warrior cats for bank fishing or other times when I don't want to use my "good rods"...
Posted By: JasonB23

Re: Mad Katz Medium Rods!! - 11/12/21 04:00 AM

[quote=šŸ€El Gato AzulšŸ€]Anybody want to buy my Whisker Seekers for cheap? [/qpast.
]
Look at you whisker seeker add. I wrote you yesterday. Your over the limit on pms

Re: Mad Katz Medium Rods!! - 11/12/21 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by JasonB23
[quote=šŸ€El Gato AzulšŸ€]Anybody want to buy my Whisker Seekers for cheap? [/qpast.
]
Look at you whisker seeker add. I wrote you yesterday. Your over the limit on pms

Thanks Jasonā€¦I cleared out some PMs

Re: Mad Katz Medium Rods!! - 11/23/21 08:28 PM

4 Mad Katz medium lights are on the way!! Got 15% off Black Friday codešŸ€šŸ€šŸ€[Linked Image]

Re: Mad Katz Medium Rods!! - 11/29/21 08:44 PM

Got 4 of the Mad Katz Puzzle rods in ML delivered today guys! Mad Katz quickly became my favorite rods and these ML rods are going to be a planer boarders dream. They have tons of different colored versions for whatever suits your taste but I went with orange because they stand out on our live streams and light up like a lightsaber under UV lights at night. Iā€™m pairing them with Shimano Tekota 600a reels! Canā€™t wait to test em out on some Toads!![Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Re: Mad Katz Medium Rods!! - 11/29/21 09:59 PM

Those look good Chris. I put a MadKatz on my Christmas list in a med/light. I told my wife she could pick the color as long as it is a bright color. Also both places I checked were sold out of the tekota 600. Hopefully she got my order placed before they sold out

Re: Mad Katz Medium Rods!! - 11/30/21 12:54 PM

I sure do like the medium heavy rods I got. They are stiff but in a good way. Probably not the best at detecting the light bite but when you get a toad that sees the boat and dives, they are awesome! Glad I made the switch...

Re: Mad Katz Medium Rods!! - 11/30/21 04:05 PM

Love my MH Mad Katz Tim! Caught some big fish up at Texoma on em and they handled them well! I got the ML for planer boarding. I know I explained to you why I like the lighter action for planer boarding but I watched the Catfish Conference live last week and and after listening to some of the presentations from some of the top big fish planer boarders in the country it turns out they also use a lighter action for pulling boards as well and catch 100 lbrs doing it. They say it swims the bait instead of jerking it which gives the bait a more natural presentation and leaves the bait in the strike zone when your dragging weight hits small stumps and bumps. Thought I would share that and feels good when my theory aligns with some of the top guys in the country. I know itā€™s all personal preference really but after pulling these planer boards for the last 7 yrs I just do a lot better with lighter action.

Got a sweet Black Friday deal on my Tekota 600a reels from Bottom Dwellers Tackle yā€™all . $160 a piece free delivery. Heck of a deal since the Tekotas are $220 most places. Donā€™t waste your time looking cuz they are long gone!

Re: Mad Katz Medium Rods!! - 11/30/21 04:32 PM

Love my MH Mad Katz Tim! Caught some big fish up at Texoma on em and they handled them well! I got the ML for planer boarding. I know I explained to you why I like the lighter action for planer boarding but I watched the Catfish Conference live last week and and after listening to some of the presentations from some of the top big fish planer boarders in the country it turns out they also use a lighter action for pulling boards as well and catch 100 lbrs doing it. They say it swims the bait instead of jerking it which gives the bait a more natural presentation and leaves the bait in the strike zone when your dragging weight hits small stumps and bumps. Thought I would share that and feels good when my theory aligns with some of the top guys in the country. I know itā€™s all personal preference really but after pulling these planer boards for the last 7 yrs I just do a lot better with lighter action.

Got a sweet Black Friday deal on my Tekota 600a reels from Bottom Dwellers Tackle yā€™all . $160 a piece free delivery. Heck of a deal since the Tekotas are $220 most places. Donā€™t waste your time looking cuz they are long gone!

I too use lighter rods for the boards, figured that one out real quick!! It's especially noticeable in bigger waves. It's actually funny watching clients jump when the rod starts bending down pulling in to a wave.

Re: Mad Katz Medium Rods!! - 12/01/21 03:02 PM

Chris I have an idea for you on a YouTube video. I know you have several brand rods and actions. How about a video comparing several rods at the same time with a weight hanging from them to show the action. Example would be a 5 pound weight from each of them showing all starting off from the same level

Re: Mad Katz Medium Rods!! - 12/01/21 03:21 PM

Iā€™ve definitely been thinking of doing that Matt. Weā€™re doing a live stream contest giveaway tonight at 7. Sunday weā€™re fishing live with Santa video. After that I will do the rod comparison video. Rods in the video will be Mad Kats MH and ML, Whisker Seeker MH, BCF trolling rods, and Warrior Cat MH. If anybody else wants to add a rod then get it to me by next week and I will add it to the mix.
Posted By: MR. CATFISH

Re: Mad Katz Medium Rods!! - 12/01/21 04:39 PM

El Gato, where did you get that rod holder with you 4 new Mad Katz rods? What brand? I am sure you have told us before but I probably missed it.

Re: Mad Katz Medium Rods!! - 12/01/21 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by MR. CATFISH
El Gato, where did you get that rod holder with you 4 new Mad Katz rods? What brand? I am sure you have told us before but I probably missed it.

Thatā€™s a MulTbar with Smackdown rod holders and it is really nice for fishing out the back of the boat and pulling boards. I am loving it!!!! They are high dollar but worth every penny! Keeps me from having to bend over to get the rods out of the rod holders which doesnā€™t seem like much but it was killing my back bending over and Iā€™ve tripped several times trying to get to the rods when they got slammed by a big fish. Also helps to keep folks off the back deck when fighting fish which was dangerous especially with all the little kids I fish with. A lot easier to keep an eye on all your rods too! I highly recommend themšŸ‘

Re: Mad Katz Medium Rods!! - 12/01/21 06:30 PM

Iā€™ve definitely been thinking of doing that Matt. Weā€™re doing a live stream contest giveaway tonight at 7. Sunday weā€™re fishing live with Santa video. After that I will do the rod comparison video. Rods in the video will be Mad Kats MH and ML, Whisker Seeker MH, BCF trolling rods, and Warrior Cat MH. If anybody else wants to add a rod then get it to me by next week and I will add it to the mix.

I actually have a pic somewhere of this, only with a 4 oz weight. something a little more usable compared to 5lb! lol. I'll see if I can find it. I now the rods used were BnM silver cat elite MH, W. seeker MH, Slimecat MH, and Mad Katz M.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum