Texas Fishing Forum

Dallas catfish buddy

Posted By: Cmj2012

Dallas catfish buddy - 10/26/21 09:05 PM

hey all, new here and looking for some people who would like to meet up at some in city locations to teach me to catch big catfish. I am used to fishing northern lakes in the summer but have never had much luck down here where i actually live. If there is anyone looking to tour local ponds in search of a fishing hole I would love to! I just graduated college, so i have lots of free time to fish while i job hunt!
Posted By: Catfish Tim

Re: Dallas catfish buddy - 10/28/21 02:51 PM

Welcome to the forum. If you are looking for big catfish, you won't find them in city ponds. You need to get to one of the many lakes around the metroplex. If you are in Dallas, you have White Rock Lake in close, then Ray Hubbard, Lavon, Lewisville, Joe Pool, Lake Arlington and on and on. Get you a big long surf casting rod so you can chuck those baits out there and as we've talked about on other threads here recently, pay attention to the wind and look for a spot where it is blowing in at you.

Good luck!

Re: Dallas catfish buddy - 10/28/21 11:27 PM

I am near White Rock, and have fished there several times, however I have never caught a single fish worth while out of that lake. Do you have a location that you would recommend there??

What lake would you recommend to fish besides White Rock?? Especially if I'm bank fishing

Re: Dallas catfish buddy - 10/29/21 09:55 AM

If you are near White Rock, I'd recommend Ray Hubbard or Lavon. I see guys back fishing Lavon all the time...
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Dallas catfish buddy - 10/29/21 03:26 PM

welcome To the TFF. Looking forward to reading more of your post! thumb

Re: Dallas catfish buddy - 10/29/21 07:39 PM

how can I tell where to fish from? the only spots i know to fish at are creek outlets and dams. but usually dams are hard to reach from the bank bc many do not allow you to bank fish on the dam

also thanks banker! I hope i can learn southern fishing better here!
Posted By: YEE_YEE

Re: Dallas catfish buddy - 10/29/21 10:35 PM

You pay at Harbor Bay marina $8 fish off pier or there is several parks at Hubbard to fish or pay at the parks at Lavon

Re: Dallas catfish buddy - 10/30/21 07:11 PM

I was out on Lavon today and the entire eastern shore was covered with bank fishermen.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum